*****Official Houston Astros 2020-2021 Offseason Thread*****

406,273 Views | 4530 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by tjack16
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chas in CF
JJxvi
AG
I assume the reason the Astros decided to get it (and the the fact that they are changing plans and coming to Houston) is the fact that as of today (March 29) there are no age or occupation, or health requirements to be eligible to get the shot. A healthy major league baseball player was not eligible to get the shot in Texas until now. I dunno about Florida, but it is probably still restricted by age.
bearkatag15
AG
John Granato on 97.5 this morning said he heard a deal with Correa has a possibility to get done this week.

https://imgur.com/a/ev2Pz9E
Marvin
AG
So is this the initial 26-man roster?

Altuve
Brantley
Straw
Tucker
Gurriel
Correa
Alvarez
Garcia
Madonado
McCormick
Diaz
Castro
Bregman

Siri is not on the 40-man, correct?

Greinke
Urquidy
McCullers
Javier
Odorizzi (ready to go?)
Raley
Garcia
Paredes
Scrubb (hurt?)
Taylor
Pressly
Smith
Stanek

Baez not active yet. Abreu?

I probably screwed this up...
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
redline248
AG
bearkatag15 said:

John Granato on 97.5 this morning said he heard a deal with Correa has a possibility to get done this week.

Yes, please
astros4545
AG
6-132 is not enough
bearkatag15
AG
astros4545 said:

6-132 is not enough
I agree. That part of the conversation was just Granato's opinion. I assume if a deal gets done it would be closer to $25/year.
bullard21k
AG
If they get something done this week I will guess 7/200
Deluxe
AG
Part of me wondered if the 6/120 offer leak was from
The Correa camp to put public pressure on the Astros to up their "initial" bid. Then Correa camp comes back with their counter and they compromise from there.
redline248
AG
My "yes please" was not about whatever salary was claimed, just that a deal gets done
bearkatag15
AG
Marvin said:

So is this the initial 26-man roster?

Altuve
Brantley
Straw
Tucker
Gurriel
Correa
Alvarez
Garcia
Madonado
McCormick
Diaz
Castro
Bregman

Siri is not on the 40-man, correct?

Greinke
Urquidy
McCullers
Javier
Odorizzi (ready to go?)
Raley
Garcia
Paredes
Scrubb (hurt?)
Taylor
Pressly
Smith
Stanek

Baez not active yet. Abreu?

I probably screwed this up...

Abreu made it. Baez and Scrubb aren't ready yet (covid and shoulder soreness). Odorizzi will likely be ready by the 2nd time through the rotation.
Big Al 1992
AG
bullard21k said:

If they get something done this week I will guess 7/200

Do it!
JJxvi
AG
7/175
AggiEE
I don't think Correa will sign any less than Springer, which was 6/150.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Abreu made it. Baez and Scrubb aren't ready yet (covid and shoulder soreness). Odorizzi will likely be ready by the 2nd time through the rotation.
So do we think Odorizzi starts on the roster, is there a way to leave him off until he is ready so we have a functional arm to begin with?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
JJxvi said:

7/175
I see where your at, but if he floated 8/200 i think to go shorter he would want higher per year maybe say 7/185
EastCoastAgNc
AG
redline248 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Yes, please
I know we all want good news, but isn't this the guy who said no talk had happened at all on an extension yet after they had already given him an offer? Just saying...consider the source.
redline248
AG
Yeah, yeah, yeah...

typing out "yes please" on my phone was easier than searching for the praying boy/dog meme.
Panama Red
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

redline248 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Yes, please
I know we all want good news, but isn't this the guy who said no talk had happened at all on an extension yet after they had already given him an offer? Just saying...consider the source.

Haven't followed closely, but about a week before the six years $120mm came out, Granato was saying numbers had been exchanged from Astros to Correa and it was rejected without a counter. When did you hear no talk at all?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Panama Red said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

redline248 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Yes, please

Haven't followed closely, but about a week before the six years $120mm came out, Granato was saying numbers had been exchanged from Astros to Correa and it was rejected without a counter. When did you hear no talk at all?
Maybe I'm getting my people mixed up. Sorry if I am.
bearkatag15
AG

Yankee fans must be nervous... Judge already hurt potentially to start the year.

CFTXAG10
AG
Odorizzi nice after 1
Ag_07
AG
Kinda surprised Castro isn't Odorizzi's personal catcher.

Maybe just getting Maldy some familiarity
Farmer1906
AG
Hopefully the catchers are chosen more based on match up vs the opposing pitcher. The L/R platoon at catcher has a chance to really help our 8 or 9 spot on the order.
Farmer1906
AG
Yanks are going to have to make a choice how much Judge is worth soon. He's older and injury prone yet mashes when healthy.
MaxPower
Granato was talking about the low offer that has since been confirmed by Correa so he does have some inside info. I'm guessing 7/175 or 8/200.
CFTXAG10
AG
Ball don't lie

Zimmerman lines out to Brantley on a sliding catch but ump doesn't see it. Ruled safe at 1st (no reviews in ST). Gets thrown out at 2nd trying to steal.
Farmer1906
AG
Sparky is giving a great breakdown of OF options from other teams.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Sparky is giving a great breakdown of OF options from other teams.
Farmer1906
AG
Here are the ones I remember. He might have touched on more. Astros will be monitoring everyone's situation to try and find someone. Sparky felt strongly the Astros would be in trouble if there were any injuries in the OF.

Ender Inciarte - Braves don't want to pay a 4th OF 8 M. He can play any of the 3 and has a few GG on the shelf. Potential trade option if Atl will cover some of the contract

Mike Tauchman - Can play all 4, out of options, and not cracking the lineup. Potentially could be moved, but it's not looking like it now that Bruce is going to play some first while Voit is out.

Aristides Aquino - Another guy that is out of options. He's not an option at CF though. Great in 19. Not so much in 20. Oddman out in Cincy.

bearkatag15
AG
Aristides Aquino is intriguing. Seems like Inciarte's best years are behind him.
Ag_07
AG
How does Taylor Jones fit into the future picture?

He just roped a double off the wall with a beautiful swing. He certainly passes the eye test and he looks like he's full of potential. Had some good ABs when he was up last season but I wonder if he'll ever get a legit chance to slot in somewhere.
redline248
AG
Ag_07 said:

He just roped a double off the wall with a beautiful swing. He certainly passes the eye test and he looks like he's full of potential. Had some good ABs when he was up last season but I wonder if he'll ever get a legit chance to slot in somewhere.
I'm sure the Astros are aware that every day that passes puts Yuli one step closer to the father time cliff.

(I'm hopeful that the fall is 6 years away )
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

We need a new first baseman. Yuli is under contract 1 more year and he'll be 37 in June.

Jones is going to get the first crack at it. Not sure who else would.
First Page Last Page
Page 125 of 130

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.