****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,602,745 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gardner with the Altuve swing on that K
Buck Compton
AG
Can't pump the middle of the zone like that. Hopefully they get out with just the one run.
Beat40
If only Hand would have gotten that comebacker...
bearkatag15
AG
gross
Buck Compton
AG
Well, that's likely Cleveland's season.
bullard21k
AG
Listening to the Indians broadcast...these guys couldn't have jinxed this game any worse.

Going on and on and on how he has no blown saves all year. Great fielding pitcher. If we get out of this inning etc etc

It was cringe worthy
W
AG
methinks the AL Central is very over-rated
Beat40
Not getting that one out. Yankees making Hand pay for that.
Ag_07
AG
Wow..What a professional no biased reaction from the broadcast crew there
Buck Compton
AG
Hand is going to be kicking himself all offseason on that one.

Some people just don't have the focus for the big stage.
Beat40
Ag_07 said:

For real.
Buck Compton
AG
Ag_07 said:

Pretty sickening when you step back from it. I know we're all used to it for the Yankees, but damn... Caln down in the booth.
astros4545
AG
Yankees have 10 runs with a team xBA of .155

Indians team xBA is .305
Beat40
Buck Compton said:

Ag_07 said:

Pretty sickening when you step back from it. I know we're all used to it for the Yankees, but damn... Caln down in the booth.

I'm just glad that didn't happen against us. I think they would have talked about how much the Yankees deserve to have that happen as retribution for the last 3 years.
Beat40
astros4545 said:

Yankees have 10 runs with a team xBA of .155

Indians team xBA is .305

Eh, Indians did it to themselves with all the walks.
bearkatag15
AG
Wow that was an awful AB for Hicks. Like bad.. real bad
Buck Compton
AG
CLE going down with a whimper.
astros4545
AG
Gary Sanchez is just terrible
bearkatag15
AG
Sanchez's defense comes through again... there is life in Cleveland
W
AG
that is terrible catching
Buck Compton
AG
God, I hope that bites them. He's soooo bad.
W
AG
AL Central falls to 1-5.

where are the Royals, Tigers, and Pirates when you need them?
bearkatag15
AG
seriously you call that check swing a strike right there.. in that moment?? so weak.
Beat40
Brad Hand is going to think about that one for a long time.
bearkatag15
AG
Jansen just walked the batter in front of Yelich who is the tying run
W
AG
the AL Central and NL Central are a combined 1-8
bearkatag15
AG
W said:

the AL Central and NL Central are a combined 1-8
The Cards won today so it should be 2 wins

I actually think St. Louis wins that series
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Buck Compton said:

Ag_07 said:

What did they say?
Ag_07
AG
They just completely fanned out screaming into the mic with excitement.

Once everything settled down ARod went on to say how incredible it was and that it now stood in history as one the iconic Yankee postseason moments.

You can call a game with a big moment and show the importance of that moment without going all fanboy. It was pretty sickening. That's actually a perfect description for it.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Oh wow, that's definitely worse than I would have thought. Geez
Deluxe
AG
Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I'm with you. Put one of our starters in the pen. Because I worry having to rely on someone outside of Parades & Pressly.

The deeper the series goes the worse off we are.
We're going to need at least 6 from out starters every game it looks like.

More importantly, we're going to need the offense to give us some wiggle room.

Probably the main reason I want to play the A's, even with their stellar BP. There offense doesn't scare me as much.
The more I think about how our pitching lines up, the more complicated it gets. There's way too many variables and scenarios to create some master plan for, but I also don't think we can just roll out the starters and hope Dusty can press the right bullpen buttons and guide the ship home.

One thing I didn't realize last night is that the g1 starter will be going on 3 days rest if there's a g5. I think the teams that don't have to rely on starters to pitch bullpen innings will have a little bit of an edge in the ALDS, and a big edge in the ALCS/WS (7 games, no rest).

Agree that the deeper the series goes, the worse off we are. I think we either need our offense to start putting some big time runs on the board or get some big time relief performances from Raley, Taylor, Paredes and Pressly. If we get to the ALCS, I think James is going to have to factor in too.
CFTXAG10
AG
Ag_07 said:

They just completely fanned out screaming into the mic with excitement.

Once everything settled down ARod went on to say how incredible it was and that it now stood in history as one the iconic Yankee postseason moments.

You can call a game with a big moment and show the importance of that moment without going all fanboy. It was pretty sickening. That's actually a perfect description for it.
I was done with ARoid announcing this postseason after watching game 1 and the pitcher throws a ball that the ump calls a strike. Clearly up and out of the zone. ARoid proceeds to say that it is a strike and has some BS explanation. Broadcast partner: "So, you are saying that it is a strike, even though pitch track shows it high and clearly out of the zone?" ARoid: "Absolutely!"
AggieLit
Dan Shedd said:

Has Gurriel put on weight this year?
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

I'm with you. Put one of our starters in the pen. Because I worry having to rely on someone outside of Parades & Pressly.

The deeper the series goes the worse off we are.
We're going to need at least 6 from out starters every game it looks like.

More importantly, we're going to need the offense to give us some wiggle room.

Probably the main reason I want to play the A's, even with their stellar BP. There offense doesn't scare me as much.
The more I think about how our pitching lines up, the more complicated it gets. There's way too many variables and scenarios to create some master plan for, but I also don't think we can just roll out the starters and hope Dusty can press the right bullpen buttons and guide the ship home.

One thing I didn't realize last night is that the g1 starter will be going on 3 days rest if there's a g5. I think the teams that don't have to rely on starters to pitch bullpen innings will have a little bit of an edge in the ALDS, and a big edge in the ALCS/WS (7 games, no rest).

Agree that the deeper the series goes, the worse off we are. I think we either need our offense to start putting some big time runs on the board or get some big time relief performances from Raley, Taylor, Paredes and Pressly. If we get to the ALCS, I think James is going to have to factor in too.
This might need to be a series where you cut your losses if you get down early.

Say Greinke gets rocked in the 2nd for 4 runs. Yank him out so he's there for game 5 or ride him til his arm falls off so the BP can be saved. Don't blow Javier or Framber at that point because while its entirely possible to come back from 4-0, the odds aren't great.

You are 100% right. We need the bats to come alive and carry us for at least 1 win where we're not in constant high leverage situations.
First Page Last Page
Page 586 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.