****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,632,837 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maybe we'll get to see Lance PH after Dusty runs through the entire bench.

That would be the next best thing to him starting.
Deluxe
AG
Ag_07 said:

Here's why the whole control issues excuse is bogus as shlt.

He came back and threw some FBs to Brantley and Yuli that were pretty good. Yeah he walked Yuli but some of those FBs were dotting the edges of the zone.

He also came back and threw Carlos some really good breaking balls.

So don't sit here and say he was just losing control of his pitches because when he needed to he found the control.
Exactly. Be a man and take responsibility for your actions. Don't act like a tough guy, then weasel out of responsibility with an excuse that's clearly bogus.
tjack16
AG
Looks like Christian Javier is getting the start tonight
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

Our best option at this point. I'm excited to see him.
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Our best option at this point. I'm excited to see him.

Me too. I remember him looking really good in spring training
MosesHallRAB04
AG
HossAg said:

Yeah I was really hoping one of his "oh by the way" statements would have addressed that

Perez did say that the redsox, Kelley's team, was involved too. It wasn't specific but the inference was there
07ag
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

We cannot afford suspensions to our pitching staff right now, especially the main guys, but I wish like hell that Lance McCullers was pitching tonight
maybe that's why we signed fernando rodney. let him plunk a dodger tonight and take the suspension.

wonder if there are any other skeeters willing to sign up for that job also. heard they were looking at bud norris, how about roger clemens? has the double bonus of really getting under the skin of the rest of baseball fans
https://ts.la/eric59704
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Pay a guy a couple mil to be the enforcer. Come in, peg a guy, take the suspension, repeat.
Marvin
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Pay a guy a couple mil to be the enforcer. Come in, peg a guy, take the suspension, repeat.

I like this idea. "Slapshot" style.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Marvin said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

I know everyone wanted our bullpen guys to retaliate last night, but this is a point that got overlooked. We have nothing but guys in our bullpen making major league minimum who would go in debt for a few years over beaning a guy in what would likely be their first major league appearance.
Deluxe
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

I heard Roger Clemens is staying in shape...
Ag_07
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Maybe we shoulda resigned Rondon after all
Deluxe
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Marvin said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

I know everyone wanted our bullpen guys to retaliate last night, but this is a point that got overlooked. We have nothing but guys in our bullpen making major league minimum who would go in debt for a few years over beaning a guy in what would likely be their first major league appearance.
Agreed. Gotta carefully pick your spot to retaliate. Can't force it. Not fair to ask a rookie making first MLB appearance to do it. Need the right situation and hitter (likely Bellinger with no one on base).
tjack16
AG
I'm not trying to sound like a cliff jumper at all, so don't misinterpret this post.

Has anybody else's season expectations or predictions changed since opening day? Mine have with the news of JV injury, with the bullpen injuries, and the odd unknowns with Urquidy and Alvarez.

I had every expectation of us winning the World Series, and it could still happen. But my expectations have gone down a bit over the past few days. At this point I want us to win the division, play well in the playoffs, and find some good young arms for the future. I'd be very happy if each of those 3 things happen, even if it doesn't result in a ring.

I'm still very excited for this team, and the future. But I do think my expectations have lowered in light of recent events. If Urquidy and Alvarez are able to come back and be 100%, then I think we have a legit shot. Their situations are so odd that it's hard to get a grasp on when they will come back and at what capacity.
07ag
AG
can this be added to the first page starting post?

Deluxe
AG
tjack16 said:

I'm not trying to sound like a cliff jumper at all, so don't misinterpret this post.

Has anybody else's season expectations or predictions changed since opening day? Mine have with the news of JV injury, with the bullpen injuries, and the odd unknowns with Urquidy and Alvarez.

I had every expectation of us winning the World Series, and it could still happen. But my expectations have gone down a bit over the past few days. At this point I want us to win the division, play well in the playoffs, and find some good young arms for the future. I'd be very happy if each of those 3 things happen, even if it doesn't result in a ring.

I'm still very excited for this team, and the future. But I do think my expectations have lowered in light of recent events. If Urquidy and Alvarez are able to come back and be 100%, then I think we have a legit shot. Their situations are so odd that it's hard to get a grasp on when they will come back and at what capacity.
I think we can still win a WS so long as JV gets back. Just need to brace ourselves for a very bumpy road in the meantime.
tjack16
AG
Deluxe said:

tjack16 said:

I think we still can so long as JV gets back. Just need to brace ourselves for a very bumpy road the next month or two.

I agree. I just don't think this season is "World Series or bust" like it was last year when we knew we had the best team.

Maybe I'm wrong for thinking that, or just down about last night. I feel like it's a rational thought, I'm just happy we have a great group of players who are fun to watch, and are clearly playing for each other.
Deluxe
AG
I agree with that. Could be a long term blessing to be able to get all our young pitchers some extended looks and it's fun as a fan to watch them develop, even if it means some tough regular season losses. It's definitely a different mindset than we had the last three years and I'm ok with that. It's a privilege to have the best team three years in a row. Runs like that don't last forever. The good news is that with some re-calibration, we could be right back at the top in another year or two.
Mr.Bond
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Im as redneck as they come.....but WTF does Dustys quote about cows in texas mean?
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Ag_07
AG
That's a fair take.

Me personally I don't ever think the expectation is to win the WS. It's incredibly hard and as big as a crap shoot as the MLB playoffs are I have a hard time expecting to win the WS.

Throw in the short season, new manager, and all the other craziness my expectation was to win the division and make a deep run in the playoffs as one of 3-4 top contenders.

I don't think that's changed.
07ag
AG
tjack16
AG
True as well. If we don't win the World Series .... I just hope the dodgers or Yankees don't win.

I cant imagine anything worse at this point than either of those two fanbases with a World Series title
Mr.Bond
AG
07ag said:

Ah got it. thanks
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

07ag
AG
tjack16
AG
I hope mine gets cut in half by a Springer Dinger tonight
Mr.Bond
AG
Do they tell you where?

Teddy Perkins
AG
tjack16
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Do they tell you where?

Nope. Just told me be on the lookout for it on AT&T sports net and to watch for an email about picking it up after the season. I assume It's in right field because that's where they were putting the new ones after the weekend.
Mathguy64
AG
Nothing to see. Move along boys. Ol Rob checked the interns phone.
ClickClack
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

As if Jomboy would ever break something bad for the yankees.

We all know things were happening elsewhere, especially BOS and NY. Why? Because Beltran and Cora were the ones who came up with this whole thing. It's pretty ridiculous to think otherwise, as if they just decided to stop their plan when they moved up.

But yeah, everyone pile on the Astros. Not like we weren't just a ****ing good team anyway the past several years, with stellar pitching. People act like we had a bunch of scrubs and just started dominating out of nowhere because we cheated. I'm not convinced it even made a difference, or that we were able to use it in the playoffs anyways.

But yeah the Astros are the evil empire. Not the Yankees.
WES2006AG
AG
Everyone needs to stop giving Jomboy clicks. Who cares what that asshat has to say.
Bulldog73
AG
Pay me the league minimum, I'd be happy to plunk a dodger, yankee, bo sock with my 68 MPH heat. It might come on 3-0, 0-0, or 0-2 (only if they laughed as my 4 seam change up made it's way through the zone on some accident). Just make sure when they come charging the mound, the boys have my back.
n_touch
Bulldog73 said:

Pay me the league minimum, I'd be happy to plunk a dodger, yankee, bo sock with my 68 MPH heat. It might come on 3-0, 0-0, or 0-2 (only if they laughed as my 4 seam change up made it's way through the zone on some accident). Just make sure when they come charging the mound, the boys have my back.
Take a punch and then sue them. They have already set up that throwing a ball at someone is ok and nothing should be done about it.
03_Aggie
ClickClack said:

Teddy Perkins said:

As if Jomboy would ever break something bad for the yankees.

We all know things were happening elsewhere, especially BOS and NY. Why? Because Beltran and Cora were the ones who came up with this whole thing. It's pretty ridiculous to think otherwise, as if they just decided to stop their plan when they moved up.

But yeah, everyone pile on the Astros. Not like we weren't just a ****ing good team anyway the past several years, with stellar pitching. People act like we had a bunch of scrubs and just started dominating out of nowhere because we cheated. I'm not convinced it even made a difference, or that we were able to use it in the playoffs anyways.

But yeah the Astros are the evil empire. Not the Yankees.

They hate us 'cause they ain't us
Ag_07
AG
Exactly.

The Dodgers are just sore losers who are pissed they don't have what we have.

Guaranteed if they win 2017 GM 7 they aren't pissed and mouthing off and throwing at our guys.

They're simply pissed that we have the banner and they don't. Nothing more to it than that
First Page Last Page
Page 95 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.