****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,632,571 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tonight's game is on ESPN. Anybody know if it will also be a regular local broadcast on AT&T Sports Southwest whatever?
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
07ag
AG
Bulldog73 said:

Pay me the league minimum, I'd be happy to plunk a dodger, yankee, bo sock with my 68 MPH heat. It might come on 3-0, 0-0, or 0-2 (only if they laughed as my 4 seam change up made it's way through the zone on some accident). Just make sure when they come charging the mound, the boys have my back.
I'd do it for the free jersey
https://ts.la/eric59704
dshedd41
S
Yes, it will be
Gig’em Aggies!
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
lunchbox
Ag_07
AG
Makes me wonder A) why is Elias moving this guy and B) who the hell is he gonna pluck from us?
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Yeah. Hard to get excited about someone choosing a player when he knows the system so well
Marvin
AG
With the Rodney and Norris news, I was half-expecting the Astros to bring LaTroy Hawkins out of retirement. I'll take this as a good thing.
CFTXAG10
AG

Marvin
AG
Ag_07 said:

Makes me wonder A) why is Elias moving this guy and B) who the hell is he gonna pluck from us?

I can't imagine it will be anyone of much value. He wasn't on the Orioles 40-man roster... let that fact sink in.
lunchbox
Marvin said:

Ag_07 said:

I can't imagine it will be anyone of much value. He wasn't on the Orioles 40-man roster... let that fact sink in.
I think the point was that Elias could know more about the Houston farm system than Click. There may be some hidden gem that Elias has his eye on.
Deluxe
AG
Looks like he was really solid in 2017-18. Spent some time on the IL last year with a back injury and struggled.
Quote:

Velazquez was outrighted off the Orioles' 40-man roster last week and has now found a new home in Houston. The 31-year-old right-hander struggled to a 5.43 ERA in 34 appearances at the major league level last season, but the Astros' pitching staff has been ravaged by injuries through the first week of the 2020 campaign. For now, Velazquez will report to the team's alternate training site in Corpus Christi.

HossAg
AG
Dan Shedd said:

Yes, it will be

Thank goodness
redline248
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Mr.Bond said:

Im as redneck as they come.....but WTF does Dustys quote about cows in texas mean?

I'm a few pages behind, so apologies if someone finally answered it...

Dusty basically is saying Springer will come around and start hitting...b/c there are, in fact, cows in Texas.

Kind of like "does a bear sh-t in the woods?"
TREX01
Elias hasn't been with us for 2 years. Lots of new faces in our system and if its a PTBNL that puts it as someone who came into the system in the last year so it wouldn't be anybody that he had any dealings with when he was with us.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
TREX01 said:

Elias hasn't been with us for 2 years. Lots of new faces in our system and if its a PTBNL that puts it as someone who came into the system in the last year so it wouldn't be anybody that he had any dealings with when he was with us.
It's a PTBNL to get around the rule that you can only trade guys on the 60-man. The 'later' will be after that restriction is lifted.
Big Al 1992
AG
tjack16 said:

I'm not trying to sound like a cliff jumper at all, so don't misinterpret this post.

Has anybody else's season expectations or predictions changed since opening day? Mine have with the news of JV injury, with the bullpen injuries, and the odd unknowns with Urquidy and Alvarez.

I had every expectation of us winning the World Series, and it could still happen. But my expectations have gone down a bit over the past few days. At this point I want us to win the division, play well in the playoffs, and find some good young arms for the future. I'd be very happy if each of those 3 things happen, even if it doesn't result in a ring.

I'm still very excited for this team, and the future. But I do think my expectations have lowered in light of recent events. If Urquidy and Alvarez are able to come back and be 100%, then I think we have a legit shot. Their situations are so odd that it's hard to get a grasp on when they will come back and at what capacity.

Dodgers as much as we loathe them are still a good team. Astros walked 2 runs in. Correa just missed a 2 run double by inches and when was the last time Bregman made 2 errors in a game? And we still had a chance.

If JV is back and gets us 6-7 wins and is healthy for playoffs we will still be top 3 team to beat. George isn't going 1-150, he'll come around. Air Yordan will be back. Urquidy will be a great #4 pitcher option. I'm still gonna enjoy every minute while this team's core is intact and the window is open.
lunchbox
TREX01 said:

Totally get it - I was expounding on the comment of the previous poster...
R-Dog
AG
I am so sick and tired of the "World Series was stolen from us" narrative. They act like we were a little league team beating the '27 Yankees....that it was a foregone conclusion they would have won otherwise.

Remember, you did lose 2 of the 4 games at home where the Astros would not have had access to any video

Don't hit .205 for the series and you might have won.

Don't have your closer gack all over himself in game 2

Don't throw the ball into the dugout in the 1st inning of game 7

Don't waste bases loaded nobody out in game 3 and only get 1 run,,,on a double play ball

McCullers gave you 7 baserunners in the first 3 innings of game 7 and you peed down your leg and got nothing and went 1 for 13 with runners in scoring position.

How many more? How many chances did you have to just "do your job" where any video sign stealing had nothing to do with it and you didn't do it. Go home and cry me a river.
Marvin
AG
lunchbox said:

TREX01 said:

Totally get it - I was expounding on the comment of the previous poster...

Eh, I'll trust Click to do us right. These deals usually have a "choose from this group" agreement, so it's not like Elias gets to hand pick a stud. It will be comparable value, so a PTBNL is not in my top 20 concerns regarding the Astros moving forward.
Deluxe
AG
Our little buddy Cody struck out 17 times in 28 ABs with a .565 OPS during the 17 world series. Of course he's seizing this chance to blame someone else for his failure.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
R-Dog said:

They act like we were a little league team beating the '29 Yankees.
1929 Yankees: 88-66 2nd place in the AL East
bullard21k
AG
Can somebody help me with the exact timeline.

Wasn't manfords report and video evidence confirm that the video cheating didn't continues
into the playoffs?
Ag_07
AG
R-Dog said:

I am so sick and tired of the "World Series was stolen from us" narrative. They act like we were a little league team beating the '29 Yankees....that it was a foregone conclusion they would have won otherwise.

Remember, you did lose 2 of the 4 games at home where the Astros would not have had access to any video

Don't hit .205 for the series and you might have won.

Don't have your closer gack all over himself in game 2

Don't throw the ball into the dugout in the 1st inning of game 7

Don't waste bases loaded nobody out in game 3 and only get 1 run,,,on a double play ball

McCullers gave you 7 baserunners in the first 3 innings of game 7 and you peed down your leg and got nothing and went 1 for 13 with runners in scoring position.

How many more? How many chances did you have to just "do your job" where any video sign stealing had nothing to do with it and you didn't do it. Go home and cry me a river.

n_touch
bullard21k said:

Wasn't manfords report and video evidence confirm that the video cheating didn't continues
into the playoffs?
Doesn't matter. You are wanting facts when none of them matter unless they paint the Astros in a bad light.
tjack16
AG
Deluxe said:

Our little buddy Cody struck out 17 times in 28 ABs with a .565 OPS during the 17 world series. Of course he's seizing this chance to blame someone else for his failure.

He also went 1-16 in the 2018 World Series

Big Game Belli
amercer
AG
n_touch said:

bullard21k said:

into the playoffs?
Doesn't matter. You are wanting facts when none of them matter unless they paint the Astros in a bad light.

Everyone thinks we were still cheating in the 2019 playoffs, so clearly the report that we knocked it off for the 2017 playoffs didn't sink in.
amercer
AG
No Springer tonight?
Teddy Perkins
AG

TED in the lead off spot.

tjack16
AG

R-Dog
AG
Sorry...little typo there...fixed it.
bullard21k
AG
n_touch said:

bullard21k said:

into the playoffs?

No completely agree. But I'm just making sure I had that correct...

Video cheating was stopped well before the playoffs started in 2017 confirmed?
Deluxe
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

TED in the lead off spot.
Dusty continues to push all the right buttons
CFTXAG10
AG
I still think both teams get warned at the outset. They may not have talked to Dusty or Dave, but probably told the umps to handle it.

amercer
AG
If I remember correctly they didn't do it in the playoffs (too loud to hear the bang? ), but they did continue into the 2018 regular season before stopping when they decided it didn't work.

I don't think it ever made much difference, but you can't really sugar coat the fact that they were trying to cheat.
First Page Last Page
Page 96 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.