****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,625,780 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
07ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Only posting his stuff here so we can see what was said

... but **** Jomboy
favorite part of that vid was the last 10 seconds
https://ts.la/eric59704
MosesHallRAB04
AG
07ag said:

bearkatag15 said:

... but **** Jomboy

So will a media member ask Kelley if he's
Going to throw at his former Redsox teammates heads for electronically stealing signs in 2017 and 2018? Did he throw at Betts during intrasquad games. I bet FS1 never mentioned HIS TEAMS CHEATED THE SAME WAY.
Ag_07
AG
Carlos hurt his feelings with the 'Throw your fastball bltch'

Only thing that would've made Carlos' response better would be pointing to the gold banner for all those sore losers.
Deluxe
AG
Ag_07 said:

Carlos hurt his feelings with the 'Throw your fastball bltch'

That was the best part. Bltch move to act like a tough guy, finesse him with sliders, and laugh when he makes a bad swing. Be a man and throw the heat.
Cromagnum
AG
Joe Kelly is a *****. Im amazed he wasn't tossed for his wild ass pitches.
tjack16
AG

This is who Joe Kelly reminds me of
6-4-3
AG
Let me start by saying we will just have to get used to being the villains because we did cheat and did get caught. Particularly in this drive-by, Twitter, let's-get-outraged culture, this will take awhile. No person will understand your position so you might as well embrace the hate. But Rob Manfred handled this situation very poorly, in which one organization took a public flogging early and often while other organizations (who had been warned previously) were able to scurry around and point fingers and a few personnel adjustments. Once you have a scapegoat and some scalp to show around, nobody really has the attention span or curiosity to care about what happens to the other organizations. Yes, Fiers going public forced his hand to a degree. And there is no way that Manfred was going to make this appear to be a more widespread problem unless he was forced to do so. Bad for the league that way right? But the actions were so decidedly and openly concentrated on Houston initially that it placed one of its member organizations in a spot of us against the world when it didn't have to be quite that way. It appears that at least 3 elite teams in the AL at the time we're involved in intelligence and counter-intelligence on a scale where none of the 3 trusted each other because they all knew what was going on. I hope that the lawsuit seeking release of information from MLB on the Yankees will help to some degree, because my view is that Manfred should have prosecuted the matter on a broader scale instead of putting the Astros organization on a stage like he did.
Deluxe
AG
We'll see how MLB responds (probably not at all but who knows). Assuming they don't, gotta take matters into our own hands.

Probably gotta be Bellinger to take one. Ideally I'd want LMJ or Greinke to do it. They're the staff enforcers who have history with the Dodgers. But I dunno if we want to risk suspension. Need those two desperately. And who knows if either will be on the mound later this year in LA.

Not sure how fair it is to ask one of the rookies to do it either. They're just trying to limit base runners and earn spots. None of them have anything to do with the underlying beef. Maybe one of them will take matters upon himself though. Shame Devo is hurt. He probably makes the most sense as the deliverer.
Deluxe
AG
Johnsy3
AG
Joe Kelly is such a d-bag but I'm upset Carlos bailed him out. He wasn't locating at all (unless it was at our heads) and couldn't even throw his fastball. Don't tell him to throw his fastball when he just struck you out.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Warnings will be issued before the game tonight so Astros won't have a chance to retaliate without risking suspension.

While I like his fire Carlos just needed to take his K like a man and go to the dugout. He was beat pure and simple. Escalating it ensured the Astros pitchers wouldn't have the chance to protect their hitters.
Bodhi
AG
Ag_07
AG
Did you watch it live or even the videos here in the thread?

Carlos didn't escalate anything. I think he actually handled pretty well.

As a matter of fact...Bregman didn't escalate anything, Brantley didn't escalate anything. The only Astro that remotely escalated anything was one Dusty Baker Jr.

And I applaud him for it
Deluxe
AG
In fairness, I think Carlos handled the situation well. When you strike out and the pitcher yells "nice swing b", it's impossible to just ignore it.
Deluxe
AG
Ag_07 said:

Did you watch it live or even the videos here in the thread?

Carlos didn't escalate anything. I think he actually handled pretty well.

As a matter of fact...Bregman didn't escalate anything, Brantley didn't escalate anything. The only Astro that remotely escalated anything was one Dusty Baker Jr.

And I applaud him for it

Would be interesting to hear the Astros locker room chat on this. Wonder if Dusty told the players "y'all act like pros and I promise I'm going to make a statement"
Ag_07
AG
Wouldn't surprise me. I like it

Dusty is just an OG

MosesHallRAB04
AG
I do agree with that. Didn't mean to say Carlos did anything wrong. I was just referring to going toward the dugout followed by the benches clearing.

Maybe I'm just disappointed because I don't think the Stros have the chance to drill that chode bellinger.

And I agree dusty did his job to protect his players.
tjack16
AG
If Correa keeps at the pace he's on now, it's going to be hard to justify they springer extension over him
Panama Red
AG
He has to get his 10 hours is sleep in, so likely only saw the first 4 innings.
astros4545
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

Warnings will be issued before the game tonight so Astros won't have a chance to retaliate without risking suspension.

While I like his fire Carlos just needed to take his K like a man and go to the dugout. He was beat pure and simple. Escalating it ensured the Astros pitchers wouldn't have the chance to protect their hitters.

He just stood there
tjack16
AG
I applaud how Bregman and Correa handled it. We knew this was coming and so did they. At least Correa walked the walk with his play last night
Deluxe
AG
Quick rant:

I hate the "control issues" excuse so much. It's so obvious when a pitcher actually has control issues and when he's using it as a cover to throw at guys.

A guy with control issues is going to look a little frustrated, act distraught when a pitch gets away near a batter, and possibly even gesture a "my bad" to the batter or opposing dugout. A guy using it as cover to throw at guys is going to act exactly how Joe Kelly acted last night.

I guess two things frustrate me:

1) Why does MLB tend to buy it as an excuse?

2) If a pitcher wants to throw at guys, he needs to sack up, be a man and own it. Hiding behind "control issues" is such a bltch move.
Jackal99
AG
Joe Kelly is a ***** and his glasses look stupid.
07ag
AG

https://ts.la/eric59704
Mr.Bond
AG
Im as redneck as they come.....but WTF does Dustys quote about cows in texas mean?
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Marvin
AG
Kelly made his agenda obvious when he yawned after the first incident. He started the mouthing, he slid his foot under Brantley, he kept throwing up and in to Gurriel.

And all this from a dude that wore a Red Sox jersey and was not even involved in the '17 WS. Nothing but a little punk. He's a coward.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
CFTXAG10
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

That's my manager.
Only thing better would have been if he said "Don't start no ****, won't be no ****"
Deluxe
AG
Some surprisingly level headed reaction from ESPN:

03_Aggie
MosesHallRAB04 said:

07ag said:

bearkatag15 said:

... but **** Jomboy

So will a media member ask Kelley if he's
Going to throw at his former Redsox teammates heads for electronically stealing signs in 2017 and 2018? Did he throw at Betts during intrasquad games. I bet FS1 never mentioned HIS TEAMS CHEATED THE SAME WAY.

Someone should ask him what was all over his forearm in the 2018 ALCS. For a guy critical of stealing signs, he sure likes to use foreign substances as a pitcher.

HossAg
AG
Perez
Cromagnum
AG
Big brave man to do that **** because he knows he never has to step in the batters box.
bdgol07
AG
Level headed? Yes
Any mention of Kelly's Red Sox doing the same damn thing? Nope
Ag_07
AG
Here's why the whole control issues excuse is bogus as shlt.

He came back and threw some FBs to Brantley and Yuli that were pretty good. Yeah he walked Yuli but some of those FBs were dotting the edges of the zone.

He also came back and threw Carlos some really good breaking balls.

So don't sit here and say he was just losing control of his pitches because when he needed to he found the control.
CFTXAG10
AG
We cannot afford suspensions to our pitching staff right now, especially the main guys, but I wish like hell that Lance McCullers was pitching tonight
HossAg
AG
Yeah I was really hoping one of his "oh by the way" statements would have addressed that
First Page Last Page
Page 94 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.