****2020 Official Houston Astros We Don't Have To Cheat To Beat You Season Thread****

1,625,395 Views | 30284 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Beat40
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have close to zero expectations of us pulling off 4 wins in a row. I just want us to show fight and make it an interesting series. Take it to 6 games at least and let's get more Springer and Brantley before they potentially leave.
Boiling Denim
Worried for Altuve tbh

Those yips with that contract...trouble ahead
AustinCountyAg
not saying the Stros have no chance to come back and shock the world, but watching Tuve' and Springer last night and the two games before they look mentally drained and completely frustrated.

It's sad to watch the team as a whole in this series. Starting pitching has been fantastic, the team has put great at bats together and put the ball in the play (hard), and they literally have nothing to show for it. Baseball.
agproducer
AG
Boiling Denim said:

Worried for Altuve tbh

I'm not. Altuve is a pro. He's short arming his throws. I wouldn't be surprised if he was trying to play through an undisclosed arm or shoulder injury like he did with his knee in 2018.
rak1693
AG
I'm optimistic that we can win tonight's game. The series, not so much. But at least we're down to the Rays instead of the yanks. That's the glimmer of positivity I hold onto.
Hi, Im Brett
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

We were all around to see Boston do it. No reason we can't.

Hall of famer on the bump for the good guys tomorrow. Let's make history.

Any other team in history down 0-3 would have to win 2 of the last 4 games on the road in a crazy atmosphere. These teams are not traveling and are playing in an empty stadium.

Obviously it is still a difficult task, but I have to imagine the odds this year are a little better.

Not to mention, if the Astros can find a way to win the next 2 games and gain some momentum, the Rays will start feeling A LOT of pressure. They will not have a home stadium to go back to with loud fans to get their adrenaline pumping and reset.

Find a way to beat Glasnow on full rest and the floodgates could possibly open. Astros have seen their top dogs multiple times now and have already been making pretty good contact.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Is it likely? No. He'll no it's not. Is it possible? Absolutely.

I can be a cynical mf during the games, but I'm not giving up hope until the last out.

A chip and a chair.
bluefire579
AG
As the great Yogi Berra once said, "It ain't over 'til it's over"
Farmer1906
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Is it likely? No. He'll no it's not. Is it possible? Absolutely.

I can be a cynical mf during the games, but I'm not giving up hope until the last out.

A chip and a chair.

This

So much this
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Calling it now; tonight we catch all breaks, win 10-2 or something ridiculous like that, probably the same tomorrow...only to have their Angels return for the end of the series, lets see if we cna overcome the angels at that point
tjack16
AG
I mean if the Rays can win 3 in a row, so can we.
AggieLit
What was the story of the 2004 ALCS? How did the Red Sox get so far in a hole? Were the games close? Bad luck?
n_touch
agproducer said:

Boiling Denim said:

Worried for Altuve tbh

I'm not. Altuve is a pro. He's short arming his throws. I wouldn't be surprised if he was trying to play through an undisclosed arm or shoulder injury like he did with his knee in 2018.
If he is playing with an undisclosed injury that is hurting him on the field the DH him and put in Diaz. Last night's game is on the Manager and Coaches if he is injured.
JABQ04
AG
Wematanye we lift up our bats to your name.

spadilly
S
AggieLit said:

What was the story of the 2004 ALCS? How did the Red Sox get so far in a hole? Were the games close? Bad luck?

I don't remember the first two scores, but Game 3 (in Fenway) was 19-8 Yankees. New York had ALL the momentum going into game 4.
tjack16
AG
AggieLit said:

They were dominated pretty bad in game 3. It seemed like they got all the breaks in games 4-5 which flipped the series. Both extra inning walk offs. Then dominated games 6 and 7

Game 5 really flipped the series. They tied it in the 9th and Ortiz walked it off in extras. Then they got Schilling in game 6 with the bloody sock game
Big Al 1992
AG
Perfect time to rewatch the 30 For 30 Four days in October. Could foreshadow things to come...
BCSGrubber
AG
Red Sox took a lot of shots before Game 4 to loosen things up
JABQ04
AG
BCSGrubber said:

That's my plan for tonight.
agproducer
AG
JABQ04 said:

BCSGrubber said:

I started feeling better after drinking too!
Deluxe
AG
We just need to put a little bit of doubt in their minds and see what happens. They don't really have the look of a team that's like "F yea, we're up 3-0 on the cheaters!" right now. They seem more realistically relieved that most of the big 50/50 plays this series have gone their way.

Maybe that string continues tonight and they get the sweep, but all it takes is one game to turn the tide completely. They've got Glasnow going tonight but most of the bullpen elites have been used multiple times already this series and we've put pressure on all of them. I still have hope.
JABQ04
AG
agproducer said:

JABQ04 said:

BCSGrubber said:

I started feeling better after drinking too!

Since I'm off tomorrow I plan on getting to the point the outcome doesn't matter.
spadilly
S

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Deluxe said:

We just need to put a little bit of doubt in their minds and see what happens. They don't really have the look of a team that's like "F yea, we're up 3-0 on the cheaters!" right now. They seem more realistically relieved that most of the big 50/50 plays this series have gone their way.

Maybe that string continues tonight and they get the sweep, but all it takes is one game to turn the tide completely. They've got Glasnow going tonight but most of the bullpen elites have been used multiple times already this series and we've put pressure on all of them. I still have hope.

I see the complete opposite. I see a team that doesn't care who they are playing and are extremely confident in their scheme, coaching and talent.
Deluxe
AG
I agree that they're confident. You can be confident and also acknowledge that you've been fortunate up to this point.
mwm
mwm said:

I've got a feeling that Altuve will redeem himself today and the rest of the series.
Boy. Was I ever wrong about that one.
n_touch
Deluxe said:

I agree that they're confident. You can be confident and also acknowledge that you've been fortunate up to this point.
That can add to the confidence you have. Just like here people saying its Karma from the baseball Gods, the Rays can start thinking the same thing. Being confident and then believing that on top is not good for who they are playing. They will take more chances with the belief they will come out on top.

Edit: I hope I am wrong, but I have a feeling this is the last game of the year for the good guys.
tjack16
AG
mwm said:

mwm said:

I've got a feeling that Altuve will redeem himself today and the rest of the series.
Boy. Was I ever wrong about that one.
I think we all were. I've never seen him this bad in the field... nobody could have predicted it. At least he's been hitting this postseason
mwm
The Astros just got a mention in the hearings on the confirmation of Judge Barrett. Senators Cruz & Sasse had a brief banter.
Farmer1906
AG

What a ****ing idiot
n_touch
What was said?
agproducer
AG
Lame.
mwm
Farmer captured Sasse's very inappropriate comments above. He needs to keep his comments limited to something he knows something about. Baseball is obviously one that Sasse should not be commenting on or trying to use as an example.
ClickClack
AG
I'm pretty sure fancy boy in the suit knows very little about baseball, based on the minute of listening to his drivel. But he read about the Astros and wants to jump on that bandwagon!
mwm
Playing Little League when you're 9-10 years old doesn't qualify him as an "expert" on baseball matters. He sounds like a rangers fan.

Someday, when he retires from politics, he'll make a great reporter for espn. What a bunch of yahoos those people are.
First Page Last Page
Page 751 of 866

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.