Luhnow and Linch Suspended 1 year

10,718 Views | 121 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Orlando Ayala Cant Read
suburban cowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The MLB deep-state at work.

NY, BOS, & LA can't have the lowly Houston Astros in the World Series every year.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
vette said:

Forgiven_Ag said:

MLB trying protect big markets like LA and NYC. They don't like seeing teams like the Astros or Royals win

This is such a loser's mentality.

Well, I am a Aggie from Houston. Pretty much the only way to rational our mediocrity anymore
Proposition Joe
Bones08 said:

I'm not sure what the point is of this punishment. Because if I'm a front office that is trying to win at all costs then this doesn't deter me much at all.

This was a small price to pay for a World Series.

I think the point was to make a point. If there punishment was light, or there was no punishment, then other teams would say "why not?".

If the punishment for a coach that notably said to stop it multiple times (but ultimately didn't enforce it) is a 1-year ban then the next team that does it will know they are looking at year+ long suspensions if caught.

This punishment was a good deterrent.
bigcat22
AG
All this talk of lowly Houston when it's the 7th largest media market in the country. it's not like it's the Marlins, Padres or Rays...
wbt5845
AG
This is an A&M website, right?

https://student-rules.tamu.edu/aggiecode/
Beat40
Here's my problem with everything.

MLB clearly was fine with implementing rule changes changes before the 2019 season and calling it done. They clearly didn't want to do anything.

I've lost respect for the MLB in all of this.

As an Astros fan, I don't know exactly how I'd feel if it were another team, but I can say I'd probably feel the same way as now, even if it was the Rangers.

I say that because I think Bonds and Clemens should be in the HOF and think the MLB was absolutely culpable in the steroid era.
diehard03

Quote:

If it helped lead to a World Series, where do I sign up?

Yes, it's awesome to have a disclaimer mentioned every time someone references that championship going forward.

I would have thought that Houston fans would understand this, with their "Jordanless era" titles.
pasquale
AG
Players involved should get suspensions too
Beat40
wbt5845 said:

Do you like Josh Hamilton?
DrZ
AG
After reading the report from MLB. Cora may be gone permanently. The report says he and the players were completely responsible. Luhnow didn't know but should have. AJ had nothing to do with implementing it but let it happen and didn't stop it.

South Platte
diehard03 said:

Quote:

Yes, it's awesome to have a disclaimer mentioned every time someone references that championship going forward.

I would have thought that Houston fans would understand this, with their "Jordanless era" titles.
That's three asterisks, for those of you scoring at home . . . .
Bones08
AG
diehard03 said:

Quote:

Championships are awesome. Championships with disclaimers are also awesome.
Marvin
AG
wbt5845 said:

Indeed... and Ranger fans that cheered for their 'roided up Ruben Sierra, Jose Canseco, Juan Gonzalez, Rafael Palmeiro and Alex Rodriguez would surely agree. Right?
Beat40
South Platte said:

diehard03 said:

Quote:

That's three asterisks, for those of you scoring at home . . . .
Two of which are put on by others outside of Houston. Why should we feel bad about those?
Bones08
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Bones08 said:

I'm not sure what the point is of this punishment. Because if I'm a front office that is trying to win at all costs then this doesn't deter me much at all.

This was a small price to pay for a World Series.

I think the point was to make a point. If there punishment was light, or there was no punishment, then other teams would say "why not?".

If the punishment for a coach that notably said to stop it multiple times (but ultimately didn't enforce it) is a 1-year ban then the next team that does it will know they are looking at year+ long suspensions if caught.

This punishment was a good deterrent.
Hmm maybe. I could see this being the warning shot that the MLB shot out and that going forward any future incidents of cheating would be met with a big big hammer.

I just hope that the MLB makes this known.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Whoever I bet last year on the Astros beating the Rangers by at least 10 games, same bet this year, with the punishment. Double or Nothing
Texas A&M
diehard03 said:

Quote:

Somebody doesn't know their NBA history and the abilities of Vernon Maxwell.
diehard03

Quote:

Championships with disclaimers are also awesome.

it's fun to say, but no one actually believes this.
wbt5845
AG
Beat40 said:

wbt5845 said:

Do you like Josh Hamilton?
wbt5845
AG
Marvin said:

wbt5845 said:

Indeed... and Ranger fans that cheered for their 'roided up Ruben Sierra, Jose Canseco, Juan Gonzalez, Rafael Palmeiro and Alex Rodriguez would surely agree. Right?

Danny Vermin
The Houston Asterisks . Nice , and deserved, name change.
Bubba smollett
diehard03 said:

Quote:

except they weren't Jordan less?all the other teams had a chance to win to why didn't they?
BMX Bandit
Luhnow & Hinch fired
aggiedata
AG
diehard03
Quote:

except the weren't jordan less? Correct all the other teams had a chance to win to why didn't they?

The fact that you're hanging onto a technicality proves the point.

Technically, Jordan was on the Bulls in 95.

Technically, Houston won the WS in 2017.

No one cares about the first one. No one will care about the 2nd one.
Muy
AG
This is incredibly embarrassing for them.
45-70Ag
AG
aggiedata said:

Damn
Bubba smollett
diehard03 said:

Quote:

except the weren't jordan less? Correct all the other teams had a chance to win to why didn't they?

LOL no one outside of the mouth breathers on this board will says this or believes this. I was just pointing out your made up bull*****

you must be pissed that there are two Rockets World Champions banners hanging in Toyota Center?
Mike Elko
AG
Annnd, it gets even better. What a disgraceful organization.
Texas A&M
diehard03 said:

Quote:

By 'technically' do you mean that Jordan only averaged 31 points in his series against Orlando in the playoffs?
Or, do you mean that they 'technically' didn't have Rodman yet?
TarponChaser
What a load of horsechit.

The Saints stood by Sean Payton and it's paid off. Crane should have done the same.
HTownAg98
vander54 said:

Chalupa Batman said:

Cromagnum said:

Now do Boston.

Reports are Cora will probably get the same

I've heard worse

Cora might get banned for life. Given that he was likely doing it in 2018 as well, this would help explain why the Red Sox weren't swinging at any of Verlander and Cole's offspeed stuff in the ALCS.
BMX Bandit
TarponChaser said:

What a load of horsechit.

The Saints stood by Sean Payton and it's paid off. Crane should have done the same.
"paid off" by making it to one NFC Championship game since?
jellycheese
AG
I wonder if the commissioner let Jim Crane off with the understanding that he would fire Jeff and AJ.
Bones08
AG
I wonder if there was some sort of compromise/agreement between the Astros and MLB. Agree to fire Luhnow and Hinch for a lesser punishment and gives the Astros a PR bump by them taking matters in their own hands.

Edit: Is there an echo in here?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.