*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,036,993 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
ClickClack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Water Turkey07 said:

I don't see how there isn't more chatter about Beltran being an obvious connection to this going on in NY too.

Exactly. He was what, a "special advisor" for them? Does anyone honestly believe he wasn't doing the exact same stuff? Ludicrous.
bluefire579
AG
Beat40 said:

Boston media is going to go nuts if they get the same penalties as the Astros.

MLB may have stepped in it if they do that and let the Yankees walk away scot free without an investigation.

I don't see those around the Red Sox let this thing go, especially with Beltran as a special advisor in 2019 to the Yanks.
You're completely overestimating the media with Boston. There's a hierarchy in sports reporting:

• New York and L.A.
  • Bay Area and upper east coast teams (Boston, Philly, etc.)
  • Middle America

The media will sacrifice Boston in a heartbeat, particularly if it favors New York
agproducer
AG
Ag_07 said:

For me personally what other teams did or didn't do doesn't change anything about the circumstances the Astros are in.

We got caught breaking rules we weren't supposed. Man up, take the punishment, accept the consequences, and move on and handle business.

Let others twits like Jomboy and Beltran's burner accounts do the kicking and screaming.
I'm not suggesting the Astros shouldn't "Man up, take the punishment, accept the consequences, and move on and handle business." I'm saying if I'm Crane and my team was punished when I knew other teams were also doing the same thing, I'd raise hell to make sure the others were investigated deeply as well to truly root out everything.
PhatMack19
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Yikes

JDUB08AG
AG
I'm not saying the buzzing thing is true, but I honestly don't know what to believe anymore.
bearkatag15
bearkatag15
AG

Beltran's burner account lol
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Beltran's burner account lol
Yes!
bearkatag15
AG
Hershey97
mathguy86 said:

I'm sure the next domino to fall will be Judge for his blatant use of illegal technology in the dugout during the 2019 ALCS.

Any day now.
Paper printouts?
JDUB08AG
AG
PhatMack19 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Yikes

If the buzzer thing was 2019, this is a 2017 jersey...
spadilly
S
So confetti is a buzzer and necklaces are wires now?
aTm2004
AG
Deluxe
AG

Same account that outed Bregman and Altuve...
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I really hope the buzzer thing isn't true, only because I look forward to the next 2 weeks of every internet person finding every pic of every player with some easily explainable bump or Jersey flaw and calling it a buzzer.

03_Aggie
aTm2004 said:

The indirect dilemma they are creating. They accuse Altuve of cheating last year in the ALCS against them.

They just spent big money on a guy from that exact team. Think they are going to release him because he was aware of it and did nothing about it?
Mathguy64
AG
Burn baby, burn. Disco inferno!
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Deluxe said:

Whoever that is, is going scorched earth. I'm here for it.
irish pete ag06
AG

I'm here for this.
Deluxe
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Deluxe said:

Whoever that is, is going scorched earth. I'm here for it.
#metoo

Carrabis retweeted a Gary Sheffield Jr tweet saying it's the burner account of a player...
Mathguy64
AG
Ron Manfred should step down. He knew some of this was going on and did nothing to stop it.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander there Rob. Come on buddy. Do the right thing. Cora and Beltran did.
bearkatag15
AG
iamtheglove
Here's how to shut down all the chirping - the Astros go out and win the 2020 World Series.
irish pete ag06
AG
iamtheglove said:

Here's how to shut down all the chirping - the Astros go out and win the 2020 World Series.

At this point... I think it would be even sweeter than the first time.
Farmer1906
AG
iamtheglove said:

That will shut nothing down. It will probably cause more talk.
agproducer
AG
No Astro player is above reproach, but this "buzzer" stuff that's trending on Twitter is dumb, and it's continuing to perpetuated by Yankees fan.

It seems to me they are trying to keep any focus off the Yankees.

Also, if the buzzer stuff is true, that sucks. MLB has already come out and said it found no cheating in 2019.

MLB already got its pound of flesh. Yankees fans are bitter because they couldn't beat us.

Screw them all.

Burn it down. All of it.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Yankee fan in the office is using 2017 home/road splits to argue that they clearly got cheated in the 2017 ALCS. He doesn't have an explanation for the Yankees splits though:

Home: 19 runs in 3 games
Road: 3 runs in 4 games

2017 Playoffs:
NYY 6-0 at home, 1-6 on the road

The Astros cheated, but don't throw around stats.
aTm2004
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Deluxe
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

Yankee fan in the office is using 2017 home/road splits to argue that they clearly got cheated in the 2017 ALCS. He doesn't have an explanation for the Yankees splits though:

Home: 19 runs in 3 games
Road: 3 runs in 4 games

2017 Playoffs:
NYY 6-0 at home, 1-6 on the road

The Astros cheated, but don't throw around stats.
Don't even give the time of day to anyone using statistical circumstantial evidence as proof of cheating. You can slice the stats up a number of ways to prove any point.
PhatMack19
AG
WES2006AG
AG
aTm2004 said:

bearkatag15 said:

That would be great if that is the case. He has always seemed like the kind of guy who needs a burner account.
aTm2004
AG
agproducer said:

No Astro player is above reproach, but this "buzzer" stuff that's trending on Twitter is dumb, and it's continuing to perpetuated by Yankees fan.

It seems to me they are trying to keep any focus off the Yankees.

Also, if the buzzer stuff is true, that sucks. MLB has already come out and said it found no cheating in 2019.

MLB already got its pound of flesh. Yankees fans are bitter because they couldn't beat us.

Screw them all.

Burn it down. All of it.
The only way to get this under control would be for Manfred to come out and say they have credible allegations against the Yankees and Dodgers, and you'll see this dry up.
agproducer
AG
Btw, S0_blessed1 or QT on Twitter -- the account is deleted.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
WES2006AG said:

aTm2004 said:

bearkatag15 said:

That would be great if that is the case. He has always seemed like the kind of guy who needs a burner account.

When you think about it, his career is kind of like a good reliever's burner career.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
This stuff is turning in to basically baseball Qanon.....and it is awesome! I love baseball but BURN IT DOWN!!! My favorite is Beltran's burner account discussing 2019 Yankees
First Page Last Page
Page 89 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.