*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,036,389 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wonder if he'll actually say something.
Beat40
Now this offseason is getting fun. Yankees fans gonna push this thing so far it comes back to them.
bearkatag15
AG
Deluxe
AG
bearkatag15 said:

If any of this buzzer stuff is true, Manfred comes out looking almost as bad as the Astros. If you're going to represent that the Astros didn't cheat in 2019, you better be damn sure they didn't or damn sure the truth will NEVER surface if they did. If it comes out 3 days later the Astros cheated in 2019, that's so bad.
Texas A&M
Mathguy64
AG
Did I miss the claim about LeMahieu wearing something telling him to hit a 2 run HR in the top of that inning? Surely he knew what pitch Osuna was throwing.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Mathguy64
AG
Manfred is going to kill Mike Fiers for opening this door.
gig them
AG
Beat40 said:

Now this offseason is getting fun. Yankees fans gonna push this thing so far it comes back to them.

Exactly what I was thinking. This random source that they love and trust immediately followed up with some pretty nasty gleyber allegations.

At some point they need to decide if these random internet people are reliable.
bearkatag15
AG

The end.... lmfao
Deluxe
AG
dshedd41 said:

I think there's a chance Bauer could be severely punished for this (assuming it's not proven true). It's totally conduct detrimental to the league to pour gasoline on a rumor that would be absolutely devastating for baseball.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Nm... I finally clicked on the video. Nice work!
Mathguy64
AG
That's pure gold. Covered Blue parachute award to you sir!
agproducer
AG
And another one. I was drinking a Topo when I watched that and nearly choked while laughing.
wangus12
AG
mathguy86 said:

Manfred is going to kill Mike Fiers for opening this door.

Would have been funny if all the Astros interviewed implicated that Fiers was the original mastermind behind the stealing
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Just the little bit and bites about why some people have breakout years is enough to fuel some fires.

Heck, maybe this stuff can explain the recent trend toward increased HR numbers even more than changing the ball.
n_touch
Quote:

Heck, maybe this stuff can explain the recent trend toward increased HR numbers even more than changing the ball.

This bothers the crap out of me. Baseball says sign steing is bad because it can change the outcome of the game but the constantly jack with the balls they supply and change the outcomes of fanes themselves.
Texaggie7nine
Don't they do "mic'd up" on players like they do in the NFL for TV? Could that be mics?
7nine
. . .
n_touch
Get out of her with a logical explanation.

They should redo the system for next year. Small shock to tell the pitch coming and when you flail at a bad pitch a longer shock higher shock as punishment. Altuve would come out pf his shoes in the 1st everynight.
wangus12
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

iamtheglove said:

Here's how to shut down all the chirping - the Astros go out and win the 2020 World Series.

At this point... I think it would be even sweeter than the first time.

My God the league will implode when it happens
. . .
CFTXAG10
AG
Doesn't surprise me. I view Altuve with the same level of purity as Biggio. The guy wouldn't do that ****.
Teddy Perkins
AG
BCSGrubber
AG
So I assume he is calling Bregman a BB (***** boy)?
BullSprig07
AG
I sure hope so. If the Chapman Homerun rumor is ever proven that one would sting so bad.

My son adores Altuve, wears his jersey multiple times a week. His favorite gift from me this Christmas was an Altuve poster that he stares at every night. I want to believe so bad that he's somehow above all this.
TMACsDaMan
Mike Fiers is the Joseph Valachi of baseball
amercer
AG
Bergman's bat carrying stunt broke about a million sacred unwritten baseball rules, so everyone was going to come after him regardless. This has just made it open season
agproducer
AG
BCSGrubber said:

So I assume he is calling Bregman a BB (***** boy)?
I think he's talking to LMJ. LMJ has had some back and forth with Clevinger and Bauer on Twitter.
CFTXAG10
AG
Manfred gonna have ballparks pat down and scan players as they enter the field of play to start the game and during the 7th inning stretch
Texaggie7nine
I have a confession to make. I thought Mike Fier's crazy beard was a photoshop. I thought someone did it when he gave up 6 runs in a game or had a 6 ERA or something. He actually wore that in real life??

7nine
Marvin
AG
Indians are in for exhibition games on 3/23 and 3/24. Maybe Clevinger and McCullers can settle it then. Unfortunately we won't see peckerhead Bauer this year.
CoachRTM
AG
I'm enjoying the anarchy at this point.
ccaggie05
AG
What a ****show this is turning into. Burn it all down at this point.
n_touch
Trade for Bauer and get him with Strom. At the end of the season with better numbers float out the rumor he cheated and watch his head explode
First Page Last Page
Page 90 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.