*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,030,672 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Carlos Gomez is joining the blast party on twitter:

aTm2004
AG
Gomez's buzzer was so violent it buzzed off his helmet.
Proposition Joe
No one liked Teixeira in Texas either, he's always come off as pompous.
Beat40
Today has been a fun day. So many people want to see us get a worse penalty than what we got.

I predict we are going to get beaned a lot at first. I hope we take those bases and hit 2-run bombs in the next AB.

I also think the first series with the A's is going to be chippy. I really want to see a Fiers and LMJ match-up. I bet LMJ yells something at Fiers while he's on the mound.

Sounds like the Cleveland series has a chance to get chippy too.

This is going to be a wild year at first, then I think it settles down. If we make it to the postseason again and perform well, I think things are going to go off the charts bonkers.
Deluxe
AG
Dumb move by Clev. Now he's gonna get a juicy suspension if he hits anyone on our team. At least he got to be a tough guy on Twitter tho.
Marvin
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Carlos Gomez is joining the blast party on twitter:

Man, I feel for you Carlos. Those indifferences can really eat you up...
Marvin
AG
Deluxe said:

Dumb move by Clev. Now he's gonna get a juicy suspension if he hits anyone on our team. At least he got to be a tough guy on Twitter tho.

I agree with a previously stated strategy. Plunk the first batter, plunk the second batter, buzz the third. That should get the bench cleared, then you can hunt out a pencilneck like Clevinger in the back of the scrum and remind him how snitches get stitches.
Teddy Perkins
AG

First I've heard from any of the players. Not much substance though, mostly the "focusing on next year and winning" line.

agproducer
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

First I've heard from any of the players. Not much substance though, mostly the "focusing on next year and winning" line.
Looks to me like the Astros PR/crisis comms team prepped Josh for the interview. Classic PR tactic of the "I don't know, we're not here to talk about that. We're here to focus on what's going on tonight."
Nino Brown
Let me get this straight yet again. Beltran plays for Yankees in 15 when Yankees were accused of using technology to cheat. Beltran goes to Astros and gets Cora hired. Cora goes to Sox and cheats.

How dumb do some people think the public is to not realize things continued in NY after Beltran left NY? This is not a Yankees obsession to state the obvious. They were all doing this **** hence why the Yankees were accusing the Astros of whistling and the Astros were spying on the Yankees.
Texaggie7nine
Some of the yankee fans I've interacted with on Twitter admit that the Yankees were doing it and that's where Beltran got it from. But they say the Yankees stopped after the warning in 2017 while the Astros did not.
7nine
Deluxe
AG
Nino Brown said:

Let me get this straight yet again. Beltran plays for Yankees in 15 when Yankees were accused of using technology to cheat. Beltran goes to Astros and gets Cora hired. Cora goes to Sox and cheats.

How dumb do some people think the public is to not realize things continued in NY after Beltran left NY? This is not a Yankees obsession to state the obvious. They were all doing this **** hence why the Yankees were accusing the Astros of whistling and the Astros were spying on the Yankees.

The better question is why the Yankees hired him back as special adviser for the 2019 season if they knew his MO?
Nino Brown
Well, sounds like we need to be just as obsessed with our teams as they are and sit up and watch hundreds of hours of video during the Yankees 2017-2019 seasons lol.
Nino Brown
Exactly. Takes a rare find to find someone who will rat out the Yankees since they have the most money coming in and going out. Always follow the dollar
the last of the bohemians
The hornets nest has been stirred
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Nino Brown
In other news, when Babe was pointing in the stands before his home run he was actually pointing at a Yankees scout and was thanking him for giving him the signal using a sign and binoculars of what pitch was coming. Technology at the time was limited
the last of the bohemians
BS, everyone knows that spyglasses were the first tools of sign stealing
Big Al 1992
AG
Altuve - they'd ripped his jersey off the game before - alas no buzzer. He didn't want them to do it again.

And interesting how he still hit .320 when Astros were losing 100 games - was he getting buzzed or hearing loud bangs then??
bilbobag
Side note to this Beltran "she's not related to our family" niece...

Older dudes with young side pieces have, on occasion, referred to those young ladies as their niece when they ain't really related... know what I mean?"
aTm2004
AG
Nino Brown
Laughable how openly the media is trying to keep ANY attention off the Yankees...where Beltran came from and returned in 2018. Come on Carlos, open up and let it burn.
Nino Brown
https://www.google.com/amp/s/elitesportsny.com/2020/01/16/mlb-hypocrisy-failing-to-investigate-new-york-yankees-makes-no-sense/amp/

How many jobs are at stake if the Yankees are punished severely first? More importantly, why did these threats from the MLB come out after the fact? The MLB can not completely open pandora's box and recover.

Much like JFK, we will never find out the entire truth, we can't.
Big Al 1992
AG
As much as I'd love to believe this is Carlos B going scorched earth on his burner acct I doubt he would say this

falcon09
AG
Nothing about Springer avoiding arbitration with a 1 year deal? Reported at $21M.
. . .
It's there...P86
falcon09
AG
Damn, I only went 5 pages to 87...
themissinglink
AG
It was confetti... Yankees fans from the last decade wouldn't recognize it though

BullSprig07
AG
Did anything concrete come out today about buzzers or cheating in 2019 or did this all happen because of Beltran's fake niece?
ClickClack
AG
themissinglink said:

It was confetti... Yankees fans from the last decade wouldn't recognize it though

Good lord. It has officially gotten out of control
Post removed:
by user
Nino Brown
If Reddick was using a buzzer he sucks way worse than we realized. Come on man
Nino Brown
Even heard earlier one reporter stating that the "fake tweet" could of come from a player within the Astros organization. The spin away from the Yankees is mind boggling but not really when so many make money of the Yankees...you know, **** like mortgages and all.
AgsMyDude
AG
Reddit is losing their minds

https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/epo0ru/_/
RO519
AG

First Page Last Page
Page 91 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.