*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,031,309 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
agsquirrel97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man, if Altuve knew all those outside braking balls were coming, that is really disappointing

that he still swung at them
aTm2004
AG
Her account is private and not date/time stamps from the tweets.
Mathguy64
AG
Anyone who has ever seen Tuve flail at breaking balls away and free swinging at most everything thrown in the direction of the plate would know he's not getting any info at all.
Post removed:
by user
aTm2004
AG
Yep. We would of had game 7 in the WS if he knew what was coming. Instead...
Deluxe
AG
I don't think that specific AB proves anything. Chapman had thrown four straight balls with the fastball and threw a nice slider on the pitch before. I would have been sitting slider too.

Not saying Altuve didn't do it. But I don't think that HR proves it by any means.
aTm2004
AG
It was t just Altuve's AB. Chapman wasn't getting anywhere near the zone with his FB.
03_Aggie
I'm just getting my popcorn ready for when it transitions to the baseballs. About time to circle the wagons for MLB.
bearkatag15
AG

These are The Days of Our Lives..
agsquirrel97
AG
Deluxe said:

I've been afraid that the Commissioner's report omitted our 2019 violations in exchange for full cooperation from Crane. Hope the buzzer stuff isn't true...
Time delay on video in 2019 I thought. Not saying buzzers weren't used before, but time delay negates any signaling to batter
Ag_07
AG
So when is Congress gonna hold hearings on electronic sign stealing?
Mathguy64
AG
Ag_07 said:

So when is Congress gonna hold hearings on electronic sign stealing?

Judge can get sworn in and wag his finger at us and say "I've never used electronic information. Ever."
TMACsDaMan
Why do i feel you can play Layla and have Ray Liotta narrate on who got axed in this fiasco
aTm2004
AG
bearkatag15
AG

Yikes
agproducer
AG
bearkatag15 said:

These are The Days of Our Lives..
This is why people like Jomboy shouldn't be putting stuff out... period. He does not know how to vet sources of information. He throws **** out there to see what sticks.

****ing Twitter is the erosion of everything with people acting like they are journalists.

Another conversation for another time.

Rant over.
Panama Red
AG
03_Aggie
Pretty sure that is cover something on his tat for television.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

his is why people like Jomboy shouldn't be putting stuff out... period. He does not know how to vet sources of information. He throws **** out there to see what sticks.

****ing Twitter is the erosion of everything with people acting like they are journalists.

Rant over.
this "niece" as scooped two Beltran stories, so theres that.

Jomboy also says that any batter would have been sitting slider on Chapman
CFTXAG10
AG
Yikes.

agproducer
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

his is why people like Jomboy shouldn't be putting stuff out... period. He does not know how to vet sources of information. He throws **** out there to see what sticks.

Rant over.

Scooped and speculated can be one in the same.
Beat40
I get more angry with MLB everyday for not investigated every rumor from MLB players about other teams. They are letting one franchise take a massive hit for the sake of their league.

We deserve punishment for cheating. We absolutely do. But let's do this evenhandedly.

I also am getting more disappointed in Crane for taking this on the chin and not standing up for his organization.

Who cares if they strip the title. Let's get this crap in the open and set the record straight. Then maybe some of those self righteous owners and execs in other organizations will shut up.
Ag_07
AG
Man this is just an absolute shlt show of a cluster F.
03_Aggie
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Rant over.

Anybody want to give Jomboy an example of why knowing pitches doesn't always produce results?

Beat40
Here we go. This is the type of stuff that needs to come out.
Beat40
Ag_07 said:

Man this is just an absolute shlt show of a cluster F.

I'm glad it is. It's what happens when you can't man up from the beginning and let public opinion run your organization. I hope this all gets out there. I'm on the let it burn train.
03_Aggie
Beat40 said:

I get more angry with MLB everyday for not investigated every rumor from MLB players about other teams. They are letting one franchise take a massive hit for the sake of their league.

I think this approach may prove to be a mistake and backfire on Manfred. I think this was an attempt to appease the masses and put this to bed.l but his action has not satisfied the Internet masses.
aggiegriff09
AG
Hope we become the worlds biggest whistle blowers.

Unwritten rules don't apply to the general public. Put it out in the open and the pitchforks come out of the closet.

Clean the game up, or watch it die. Hell, it already is, average fan age is FIFTY THREE.

So tired of hearing everyone outside of Houston acting self righteous and how their teams don't do this. Just BLOW.THE.DAMN.WHISTLE

Let's see everyone stomach those punishments just like we did. Let's see the MLB handle that.
Beat40
Boston media is going to go nuts if they get the same penalties as the Astros.

MLB may have stepped in it if they do that and let the Yankees walk away scot free without an investigation.

I don't see those around the Red Sox let this thing go, especially with Beltran as a special advisor in 2019 to the Yanks.
agproducer
AG
Beat40 said:

We deserve punishment for cheating. We absolutely do. But let's do this evenhandedly.

I also am getting more disappointed in Crane for taking this on the chin and not standing up for his organization.

Who cares if they strip the title. Let's get this crap in the open and set the record straight. Then maybe some of those self righteous owners and execs in other organizations will shut up.
That's something I don't get. The owners pay Manfred. Crane helps pay Manfred, but his business/club is the one that's singled out after allegations from other clubs. The Astros have said they know of 8 other teams cheating, so they were keeping up with the Joneses. That doesn't make the cheating right, or excusable, but MLB, investigate the other teams.

If Crane knew of the 8 other teams, why not fight back and reveal that info? Is he trying to appease MLB or the other owners? Why accept the punishment, and then just try to go back to business as usual? I'm fine with him firing Luhnow and AJ. It sucks, but I get what he was trying to do.

But, why would you let your club be the scapegoat when you KNOW others are doing it?
BullSprig07
AG
I don't see how there isn't more chatter about Beltran being an obvious connection to this going on in NY too.
Deluxe
AG
agproducer said:

Beat40 said:

That's something I don't get. The owners pay Manfred. Crane helps pay Manfred, but his business/club is the one that's singled out after allegations from other clubs. The Astros have said they know of 8 other teams cheating, so they were keeping up with the Joneses. That doesn't make the cheating right, or excusable, but MLB, investigate the other teams.

If Crane knew of the 8 other teams, why not fight back and reveal that info? Is he trying to appease MLB or the other owners? Why accept the punishment, and then just try to go back to business as usual? I'm fine with him firing Luhnow and AJ. It sucks, but I get what he was trying to do.

But, why would you let your club be the scapegoat when you KNOW others are doing it?
If there's any truth the buzzer rumor, then we have our answer. Manfred covered that up in exchange for full cooperation from Crane.
Ag_07
AG
For me personally what other teams did or didn't do doesn't change anything about the circumstances the Astros are in.

We got caught breaking rules we weren't supposed. Man up, take the punishment, accept the consequences, and move on and handle business.

Let others twits like Jomboy and Beltran's burner accounts do the kicking and screaming.
Marvin
AG
Beat40 said:

Boston media is going to go nuts if they get the same penalties as the Astros.

MLB may have stepped in it if they do that and let the Yankees walk away scot free without an investigation.

I don't see those around the Red Sox let this thing go, especially with Beltran as a special advisor in 2019 to the Yanks.

That is our best hope to not making the Astros a scapegoat. Boston will burn the earth flat if it stops after them.

Yes, the Astros cheated and deserved to be punished. Fine. Now go and hammer every other team that did it as well. A trophy should not be the prerequisite for being penalized.
tjack16
AG
I hope the Red Sox get popped with similar or harsher penalties. Their media will cause a riot and they have more pull than we do. That could get more teams investigated
First Page Last Page
Page 88 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.