*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,037,218 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
agproducer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know it's a crap stadium, but I saw the Stros in Oakland.

Stassi and Fisher hit jacks.

I got in for $1.

Alex Bregman
AG
agproducer said:

I know it's a crap stadium, but I saw the Stros in Oakland.

Stassi and Fisher hit jacks.

I got in for $1.

Looks like an absolutely beautiful day though, sunny and 75
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Time to have the talk with him. The talk every father must have with his son at one time or another.....

How to properly bend the brim of his cap
3B Paul 97
AG
I promise you his game playing cap has the bend. I'm ok with this one as is says "HOUSTON " under the bill, so it is made to keep flat.
bearkatag15
AG

These are mirror images of each other. Crazy
agdaddy04
AG
Man I loved Bourn and Pence. When those guys were traded in the same year I lost all hope for awhile. 2015 brought it all back though. It was some lean years there. Now I'm just ready for some damn baseball.
ClickClack
AG
Fenway and ALCS game 5 in NY this past year.

Fenway much better experience.

iBrad
AG
As easy as it is to post pics now, I anticipate an increase in rule #1 compliance. Which brings to mind, who was the poster that posted all of the bikini pics of his wife several years ago?
07ag
AG
wednesday 11am, mlb network will be airing dodgers/astros game from june 24, 1994, bagwell's 3 home run game
https://ts.la/eric59704
ClickClack
AG
iBrad said:

As easy as it is to post pics now, I anticipate an increase in rule #1 compliance. Which brings to mind, who was the poster that posted all of the bikini pics of his wife several years ago?

Hmmm
Marvin
AG
Let's see if I do this right...

Mrs. Marvin and I touring the Arch before watching our Astros at Busch last year.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Marvin
AG
Spring training in West Palm.
Marvin
AG
One more... my daughter and I at Kaufman last year. She still holds a couple of hitting records at CMU in Missouri. Raised her right to be repping an Aggie baseball shirt.
agdaddy04
AG
KC hat??
Mr.Bond
AG
agdaddy04 said:

KC hat??

When in Rome I'd presume
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Marvin
AG
agdaddy04 said:

KC hat??

Yeah, I get a hat at every stadium just to collect. Usually a secondary logo.... and I only wear it if the Astros are not playing.
MaxPower
Showing pics of the daughter on texags? Bold move cotton.
k20dub
AG
W
AG
the only person that could stop Michael Bourn from scoring 100 runs per season...was Dave Clark. He was terrible in the third base box. If Gary Pettis had been the third base coach...Bourn would have scored 150 a couple of years
W
AG
Bourn had some strange statistical years or just bad luck.

in 2009...he had 173 hits, 63 walks, and 61 stolen bases...hitting in the leadoff position with blazing speed...and did not score 100 runs.

in 2011...he had 193 hits, 53 walks, and 61 stolen bases...still did not score 100 runs.

where are the RBI guys when you need them?
agproducer
AG
It was actually sunny and about 65 degrees. It got warm in the sun, but a breeze would hit you to cool you off.
bearkatag15
AG
On of the best regular season games of 2017.

Pahdz
I remember leaving when we were down huge to go to the pool, then coming back to see us with a lead
k20dub
AG

JABQ04
AG
I love this game. I left to go grocery shopping about the time we were down 8-2. For the few things I needed and checked the score in the checkout line and saw it was like 8-6. By the time I got to my car it was tied up. Came home and cracked open so newly bought beers and finished the game at the neighbors. Ever since then, I've never felt we were out of a game until the final out.
Big Bucks
AG
During that comeback I told my then nine year old son that he was watching a special team and games like this just aren't supposed to happen. Glad dad was right for once.
Ag_07
AG
How has this not been mentioned?

CFTXAG10
AG
So still on the path to have the season start July 4th weekend. No more 50-50 revenue split. Players paid on a sliding scale based on the amount of $ they make.

mazag08
AG
In honor of the shortened season, the Astros thread initial post will be shortened by the same % of content.
bearkatag15
AG

yeah this doesn't seem like a good plan.
CFTXAG10
AG
I would like to see how much of a cut we are talking here for the higher paid guys before I cast judgment on the proposal.

Getting less money because you make too much money? Sounds familiar.
Farmer1906
AG
It's not dissimilar to what the NFL did. They have more money to all the lowest paid players so they had #s on their side. All those with a mega contract didn't get a proportional raise when they added a game. I assume it'll be countered. They'll figure it out soon.
astros4545
AG
Farmer1906 said:

It's not dissimilar to what the NFL did. They have more money to all the lowest paid players so they had #s on their side. All those with a mega contract didn't get a proportional raise when they added a game. I assume it'll be countered. They'll figure it out soon.

Yep
Class warfare
CFTXAG10
AG
Too much $$$$ at stake even with a pay cut. If they want to be airing the season opener by July 4th they need to have this done by the end of the week. Give guys enough time to report and get something resembling a mini-spring training going. At least guys are able to come in for workouts and treatment now.
bearkatag15
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 224 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.