*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,031,214 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Last call everyone
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjholley16 said:

Did Fenway live up to the hype??
For me it did. I went back in 06 to several ballparks in the midwest / north east. Wrigley & Fenway just had a special feel to them. Obviously, they lacked a lot of newer amenities and space, but the uniqueness and history more than made it for it in my book. Both had fun atmospheres outside the stadium too. To give a comparison, Old Yankee and Shea both sucked. Shea felt like someone took a can opener to a worse version of the Astrodome. Yankee reminded me of college stadiums who had too many disjointed renovations. No special feel at all like the others.

Wrigley is on my list for sure. I loved busch stadium last year and thought new yankee stadium was insanely nice. Was supposed to go to Citi Field in NYC to see the Stros in 2 weeks
redline248
AG
Best game at the plate in Astros history?
Quote:

ASTROS: Jeff Bagwell -- June 24, 1994 vs. Dodgers
In the midst of his MVP season, Bagwell went 4-for-5 with a club-record-tying three homers off three different pitchers in a 16-4 win over the Dodgers in the Astrodome. He's one of only four players in Astros history to have 13 total bases in one game, along with Morgan Ensberg (May 15, 2005), Lee May (June 21, 1973) and Joe Morgan (July 8 1965).

The three homers came in a span of three innings, including a pair of homers in a nine-run sixth in which Bagwell became the 28th player to homer twice in one inning. Bagwell hit a towering one-out, solo homer to left field off Ramon Martinez in the sixth, and later in that frame homered off Rudy Seanez, a three-shot into the Astros' bullpen in right. Bagwell's third homer came off lefty Brian Barnes in the eighth.

"It's my biggest night ever," Bagwell said after the game. "I mean, I hit three home runs in college, but what's that, against the University of Richmond? This is the big leagues."

Bagwell hit .368 with 39 homers and 116 RBIs in only 110 games that season, breaking his hand just before baseball went on strike. -- Brian McTaggart

There is a video in the link, featuring the great Milo Hamilton
https://www.mlb.com/amp/news/each-mlb-team-best-single-game-hitting-performance.html
tjack16
AG
I might be in the minority here .... but those uniforms are my favorite Astros unis of all time besides the current ones.
redline248
AG
Everyone laughing and Biggio looks pissed
Bregxit
AG
redline248 said:

Best game at the plate in Astros history?
Quote:

ASTROS: Jeff Bagwell -- June 24, 1994 vs. Dodgers
In the midst of his MVP season, Bagwell went 4-for-5 with a club-record-tying three homers off three different pitchers in a 16-4 win over the Dodgers in the Astrodome. He's one of only four players in Astros history to have 13 total bases in one game, along with Morgan Ensberg (May 15, 2005), Lee May (June 21, 1973) and Joe Morgan (July 8 1965).

The three homers came in a span of three innings, including a pair of homers in a nine-run sixth in which Bagwell became the 28th player to homer twice in one inning. Bagwell hit a towering one-out, solo homer to left field off Ramon Martinez in the sixth, and later in that frame homered off Rudy Seanez, a three-shot into the Astros' bullpen in right. Bagwell's third homer came off lefty Brian Barnes in the eighth.

"It's my biggest night ever," Bagwell said after the game. "I mean, I hit three home runs in college, but what's that, against the University of Richmond? This is the big leagues."

Bagwell hit .368 with 39 homers and 116 RBIs in only 110 games that season, breaking his hand just before baseball went on strike. -- Brian McTaggart

There is a video in the link, featuring the great Milo Hamilton
https://www.mlb.com/amp/news/each-mlb-team-best-single-game-hitting-performance.html
I was sitting in the right field mezzanine for that game. It. Was. Awesome.
07ag
AG
tjholley16 said:

I might be in the minority here .... but those uniforms are my favorite Astros unis of all time besides the current ones.

they're the ones i grew up with, so i'm nostalgic for them. i think they look pretty sharp
https://ts.la/eric59704
tjack16
AG
I got the tail end of them and grew up mainly with the red and black. Which I don't hate as much as others do, but still navy is a better look.
astros4545
AG
redline248 said:

They were trying to rip off his jersey which would e revealed his buzzer

/Jomboy
12thmanisright
I was at the Dome for the Bags 3 HR game against the Dodgers as well! We sat in the LF bleachers a few rows up.

First humbling moment growing up occurred in that game as well (I was 11) for me. Chris Gwynn was playing LF for the Dodgers in that game and I ran my mouth all game long telling him "I bet he wishes he could hit like his brother and that he will never be as good as his brother" yada, yada.

Guy comes up in the 8th inning and smokes a HR to the LF seats just to the right of us....felt like he was aiming for me! He comes back out to his position and turns around with a **** eating grin on his face. First of many life lessons related to baseball for me.
bearkatag15
AG
Here are my pics from my trips to Wrigley, Fenway and Coors Field.

redline248
AG
astros4545 said:

redline248 said:

They were trying to rip off his jersey which would e revealed his buzzer

/Jomboy
bravo
CoachRTM
AG
Fenway was awesome. I went with one of our vendors and got the behind the scenes tour, etc. We were on the field for batting practice, went up to the Green Wall and my boss actually "caught" one of the home runs from batting practice.

There's just magic there that you can't explain. Walking through the concourse is the old brick wall that was built however long ago.

07ag
AG

boston, chicago, colorado, pittsburgh
Farmer1906
AG
How is Pittsburgh? I've heard nothing but great things about that park.
shano0603
AG
Lolpoors

Farmer1906
AG
Y'all only go to watch?

shano0603
AG
There are going to be so many more gameday photos on here. It's gonna be awesome.
07ag
AG
Farmer1906 said:

gorgeous view from the upper decks, seats were comfortable enough, city was pretty cool too.
tjack16
AG
Yankee stadium and Busch this past year. Weekend in St Louis was incredible.

gougler08
AG
07ag said:

Farmer1906 said:

gorgeous view from the upper decks, seats were comfortable enough, city was pretty cool too.
Downtown Pittsburgh as a backdrop is great, can get pierogies and Primanti's on site and weather in the summer is pretty good.

I lived there for a year and really enjoyed it more than I expected (city and park)
Farmer1906
AG
Did you feel unsafe wearing Astros gear in NY?
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Did you feel unsafe wearing Astros gear in NY?

The game I went to was Yankees vs DBacks so I didn't wear astros stuff to the stadium... but I wore my astros shirt around NYC that week and nothing happened. I probably wouldn't do it now though
Daddy-O5
AG
Astros Gear in NYC. 2014 I think - Prior to any real bad blood.

Bregxit
AG
WS Game 3 warmup

Bulldog73
AG
Yes, no, yes, yes.
Bregxit
AG
Bulldog73 said:

Yes, no, yes, yes.
I agree.
tjack16
AG
Bregxit said:

Bulldog73 said:

Yes, no, yes, yes.
I agree.

1, 4, 3 ........................................ 2
Bregxit
AG
tjholley16 said:

Bregxit said:

Bulldog73 said:

Yes, no, yes, yes.
I agree.

1, 4, 3 ........................................ 2
I am concerned that I made your ranking.
3B Paul 97
AG
2 years ago in Tampa Bay

3B Paul 97
AG
Last year in Arlington. My son in the rainbow jersey shirt.

3B Paul 97
AG
Last summer in Anaheim.
maca1028
2018 vs TB. First and only time I've sat in the diamond club.

Ag_07
AG
2018 in SF

Gap
AG
It is time to start taking real steps to getting back on the diamond.

Let's go! We need baseball back. July 4 at the latest.
First Page Last Page
Page 223 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.