*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,037,203 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Apparently this is Girardi from 2017 or 2018 on MLBN : "To the hitt... (pause) guy on second base"

Hmm.....when's the investigation? He's a former player and manager.....
the last of the bohemians
I haven't seen this much consolidated hate by the media towards one team.
MLB network radio compared astros to black Sox, stating they are on par.
It's obvious the media outlets are all being fed the same daily talking bits on the Astros.
astros4545
AG
Wabs said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Apparently this is Girardi from 2017 or 2018 on MLBN : "To the hitt... (pause) guy on second base"

Hmm.....when's the investigation? He's a former player and manager.....

Girardi has been honest in his criticism of the Astros

Saying they should've done a better job to stop it, he knows everyone is guilty of the same ****
irish pete ag06
AG
redline248 said:

What is significant about this Ryan Spaeder guy?
He's a twitter stat head who gathered a big following. He's a great follow if you have twitter. He's been banging this drum before the investigation even started on the Astros. The more publicity he gets the better.

Early on he was saying multiple players have texted him that the Astros are not even close to being the only one.
Max Power
AG
I'm so gd tired of the media circus I'll probably take this year off from watching baseball. Not because of the Astros, but because I'm already so tired of this crap and it's not even baseball season yet. Every single away broadcast will focus on mudslinging, I can't listen to it anymore. I've already quit reading basically every sports website out there.

If what we did is so illegal why have no players been suspended for a single game? Have they taken away anything from a single player or team that won a title and was later confirmed to have taken performance enhancing drugs...which is explicitly illegal? They can take footage of every game and likely find a player wearing a smart watch...which is prohibited.

Teams aren't playing on the same field in baseball to begin with, every single one of them does everything they can to gain an advantage...any team that says otherwise is full of it. That is the only way you could say they're on equal footing, the ones that try to win, look for every angle. The umps can't even get the strike zone right to this day, I saw some of the worst officiating in the last world series...and that should be their a team.

They figured out a way to win, period. You want to get mad at teams, get mad at the ones who make no effort to win at all, and also fleece the public to get a stadium built...like Miami, they've been nothing but a fire sale for close to 2 decades now.

Show me the analytics that can confirm that not only what Houston did gave the other team no chance at winning, but also that nothing the other team did at any point was illegal.

The reason I believe that guys like Bonds and Maguire should be in the HOF is because it doesn't matter what we know they did was against the rules, everyone knows that for every player that got caught, regardless of profile, there were more that didn't. If you can't eliminate the others from any level of guilt, spare me the holier than thou speeches and anything revolving around the sanctity of the game.

I'm glad we have an old man like Baker now, I feel good about his ability so just say "get off my porch" when the media just won't let it go.

HOUSTON VS. EVERYONE! This better light a fire under every single one of those guys still on the team, which are numerous, LET'S BE VILLAINS!
wangus12
AG
astros4545 said:

Wait the Yankees were cheating too! Why haven't I heard about this! Oh wait
wangus12
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

redline248 said:

He's a twitter stat head who gathered a big following. He's a great follow if you have twitter. He's been banging this drum before the investigation even started on the Astros. The more publicity he gets the better.

Early on he was saying multiple players have texted him that the Astros are not even close to being the only one.
This **** annoys me. Players are supposedly willing to tell some dude on twitter that other teams are cheating, but won't tell the media.

Meanwhile, a bunch of sanctimonious dbags on teams are running their mouths about how the Astros aren't being punished and how they should be stripped and tarred.

The media tarring the Astros guarantees that information will never come to light because other players will not come forward
03_Aggie
falcon09 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

"Part of" as in when the Yankees tattled on the Red Sox or "Part of" as in the Yankees were doing in too?

At the end he says "we eventually caught it". So either it dawned on him he was ratting out the Yankees and tried to cover it or he was saying it was the Red Sox.

Yankees supposedly used the bullpen phone to relay it. Not sure it was relaying out to the bullpen or bullpen relaying it to the dugout.
. . .
redline248
AG
F these bs fans and the Astro hating lawyers filing these cases.
wangus12
AG
. . . said:

15 minutes of fame.

redline248
AG
wangus12 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

redline248 said:

This **** annoys me. Players are supposedly willing to tell some dude on twitter that other teams are cheating, but won't tell the media.

Meanwhile, a bunch of sanctimonious dbags on teams are running their mouths about how the Astros aren't being punished and how they should be stripped and tarred.

The media tarring the Astros guarantees that information will never come to light because other players will not come forward

Kind of what I was getting at. What clout does he have with MLB? For that matter, this whole thing kicked off with Athletic article citing Fiers. THAT SAME ARTICLE implicated other teams and baseball appears to have completely ignored it.
Deluxe
AG
Hopefully the judges in these lawsuits are reasonably minded enough to understand how disastrous that precedent would be.
wangus12
AG
I'd be lying in that if that gave these season ticket holders up to 75k each and I was a season ticket holder in 2017, I'm not passing up 75k. I'm not that rich
Deluxe
AG
And where does it stop? Could Red Sox and Yankees season ticket holders also sue for refunds in 2017? Could Giants season ticket holders sue for Bonds-era refunds? Could come up with 1000+ more examples just like this. Huge can of worms.
Ag_07
AG
So what exactly are these lawsuits saying? What's the problem?
redline248
AG
Ag_07 said:

So what exactly are these lawsuits saying? What's the problem?

Yeah. What damages are being claimed?
CFTXAG10
AG
Without getting into the legal description of each "Count" (we would be here for a while) these are the ones they are hitting on (4 of them)

(1) Fraud by Concealment
(2) Breach of Contract
(3) Violation of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act
(4) Unjust Enrichment

One of the main arguments they hammer over and over is that they wouldn't have bought the tickets or paid as much for them if they knew the Astros were cheating
wangus12
AG
Deluxe said:

And where does it stop? Could Red Sox and Yankees season ticket holders also sue for refunds in 2017? Could Giants season ticket holders sue for Bonds-era refunds? Could come up with 1000+ more examples just like this. Huge can of worms.
Agreed. The precedent it could possibly set would screw not only the Astros, but a lot of clubs.
CFTXAG10
AG
I read through it (wish I had not) and it is basically what I like to call "legal throw-up" where an attorney will file a suit with a whole bunch of ridiculous claims hoping something will stick.

And my favorite part has to be the demand for a jury trial. I would love to sit through a voir dire like this where you are trying to find jurors in HARRIS COUNTY that won't be impartial or biased.
Deluxe
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I read through it (wish I had not) and it is basically what I like to call "legal throw-up" where an attorney will file a suit with a whole bunch of ridiculous claims hoping something will stick.

And my favorite part has to be the demand for a jury trial. I would love to sit through a voir dire like this where you are trying to find jurors in HARRIS COUNTY that won't be impartial or biased.
I have not read it but that's basically exactly what I would have expected. Guessing the Bohlsinger lawsuit follows the same strategy.
htxag09
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Without getting into the legal description of each "Count" (we would be here for a while) these are the ones they are hitting on (4 of them)

(1) Fraud by Concealment
(2) Breach of Contract
(4) Unjust Enrichment

One of the main arguments they hammer over and over is that they wouldn't have bought the tickets or paid as much for them if they knew the Astros were cheating

Can I sue A&M for some of the Fran and Sherman years. I wouldn't have bought season tickets had I known we'd suck ass
CFTXAG10
AG
aTm2004
AG
htxag09 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

(1) Fraud by Concealment
(2) Breach of Contract
(4) Unjust Enrichment

Can I sue A&M for some of the Fran and Sherman years. I wouldn't have bought season tickets had I known we'd suck ass
This!
mwm
Over the last month or so, there has been a boat-load of bulletin board material for Dusty to use this season. He won't lack for something to talk about with his players.
Wabs
AG
I went to a Yankees game in 2009. I went under the presumption that their third baseman was playing by the rules. Come to find out, he was roided up and I feel that I was lied to when I bought the ticket. Pay me $1M and we'll call it a day.
redline248
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Not that I care too much, but I'm curious what the arbitrator used to decide Diaz was worth more this year. He was hurt a for a large part of the season and didn't contribute much once he was healthy.
Deluxe
AG
Wabs said:

I went to a Yankees game in 2009. I went under the presumption that their third baseman was playing by the rules. Come to find out, he was roided up and I feel that I was lied to when I bought the ticket. Pay me $1M and we'll call it a day.

Correct
CFTXAG10
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

redline248 said:

Gonna be on 790 w/ Clanton and Wexler at 4pm

n_touch
Wabs
AG
Ag_07
AG
Wouldn't it be something if his camp used Correa's injury history to up his own value?

Like...Look Correa is gonna get injured and they're gonna need me to play more than $2MM worth of games. Here just look at the time he's missed the past few years. It's a given.
aTm2004
AG
wangus12
AG
Please please please drop some names. Would be funny as hell
Wabs
AG
wangus12 said:

Please please please drop some names. Would be funny as hell
They'll press him but he ain't mentioning any names...
First Page Last Page
Page 160 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.