*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,031,330 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For sure.
W
AG
$2.6 MM for Diaz?

the arbitrator must be upset over the sign-stealing too
CFTXAG10
AG
Notes from Ryan Spaeder interview on 790:

- Has heard at least 8 other teams have used similar systems even though it does not incorporate trash cans
- MLB never takes responsibility like they should for dropping the ball and not addressing this sooner
- Thinks that MLB should have implicated any and all teams that are involved in any scheme
- Making the Astros the only enemy in all of this is just awful
- Says that some more information is most likely going to come out about other teams based on what he has heard....
- Timing was interesting; once Manfred said they wanted to move past this, then players come out against them
- Can tell you that Astros are not the only ones guilty of this type of conduct
- Text from MLB catcher : "like 20 tvs in the dugout, and at least one is pointed at the catcher, what did you think was going to happen"
- Thought it was odd that "8 other teams" came out in other articles after he had heard the same thing
- Heard one guy was using a friend of his with colored towels and binoculars to help with signs out in CF
- Doesn't put a lot of stock into players coming out now, because this has been news for a while. They didn't have to wait until Spring Training. Most have social media or reps to get their opinions out. Basically saying they are doing it when it is convenient and easy to pile on
aTm2004
AG
Basically saying MLB knows this is a league wide ssue, but just like everything else, they refuse to take ownership of it. Says they should have admitted it was league wide and addressed it then, but decided to use the Astros as the scapegoat.

He talked about a catcher saying there's several live feeds in dugouts, even some pointed at the catcher. Also referenced how dishonest baseball players are in general when talking about the high and mighties...referenced Pete Rose's denial, the steroid denials, etc.
Harry Stone
AG
beltran and cora are the ones that need to blow this up. they wont be back in mlb and a guy like crane probably made a deal to not use his billions to investigate other teams to keep his ring and luhnow and hinch will be back in the league.
n_touch
Harry Stone said:

beltran and cora are the ones that need to blow this up.
This is what makes no sense to me. Drug through the mud and still quite. If you commit a crime make sure you are running with these two.
irish pete ag06
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Notes from Ryan Spaeder interview on 790:

- Has heard at least 8 other teams have used similar systems even though it does not incorporate trash cans
- MLB never takes responsibility like they should for dropping the ball and not addressing this sooner
- Thinks that MLB should have implicated any and all teams that are involved in any scheme
- Making the Astros the only enemy in all of this is just awful
- Says that some more information is most likely going to come out about other teams based on what he has heard....
- Timing was interesting; once Manfred said they wanted to move past this, then players come out against them
- Can tell you that Astros are not the only ones guilty of this type of conduct
- Text from MLB catcher : "like 20 tvs in the dugout, and at least one is pointed at the catcher, what did you think was going to happen"
- Thought it was odd that "8 other teams" came out in other articles after he had heard the same thing
- Heard one guy was using a friend of his with colored towels and binoculars to help with signs out in CF
- Doesn't put a lot of stock into players coming out now, because this has been news for a while. They didn't have to wait until Spring Training. Most have social media or reps to get their opinions out. Basically saying they are doing it when it is convenient and easy to pile on

He gets it.
Texaggie7nine
This is just funny

7nine
Teddy Perkins
AG
Need dat!

JABQ04
AG
redline248 said:

F these bs fans and the Astro hating lawyers filing these cases.

Dick bags wanting an easy pay day. Pieces of ***** Probably didn't even know Houston had a baseball team before July 2017.
astros4545
AG
the last of the bohemians
The best part of this season looks like it will be the 'I'm an old man and don't give a crap what I say' quotes from Dusty Baker.
This is the one good move Crane has made in the scandal. It's almost like he knew the media storm would get worse and needed a chilled old dude to manage the team.
dshedd41
S
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/02/19/astros-world-series-2020/

Quote:

The Astros manager heard how, across the state that morning, soft-spoken Atlanta Braves outfielder Nick Markakis had said of Baker's team, "I feel like everybody over there needs a beating."

"That's cool," Baker said. "I ain't commenting on everybody's comments. So go ahead. You want to beat on us? Go ahead."
In the middle of the next question, he paused to add, "I didn't think Markakis talked too much."
"He doesn't," a reporter responded.

"Okay," Baker said. "Well, maybe he had his Wheaties."
Gig’em Aggies!
CFTXAG10
AG
03_Aggie
CFTXAG10 said:

MLB PR machine cranking up.

Or they're going contrarian to differentiate from the mob.
astros4545
AG
I can bet on whether they say "Astros" at the debate tonight

Yes +1000

No "no" bet available
dixichkn
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

"But........ but........ all the other teams let them cheat in their own stadiums!

Or something. "
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Here's where we get our redemption. It's not cool to be "woke" talking crap about the Astros because everyone is doing it.

The next phase will be being "woke" in the total opposite direction. It will be grand to see.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I also think it's interesting how absolutely nobody is talking about how manfred said that Red Sox folk had to be re-interviewed after "new information" came out. That could be big.
Deluxe
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

I also think it's interesting how absolutely nobody is talking about how manfred said that Red Sox folk had to be re-interviewed after "new information" came out. That could be big.

He also implied (though didn't technically confirm) that other investigations are taking place.
aTm2004
AG
03_Aggie said:

CFTXAG10 said:

MLB PR machine cranking up.

Or they're going contrarian to differentiate from the mob.
Or trying to get this to die down so they can manage what the BoSox may be getting.
wangus12
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

New information being that the Red Sox never cheated so the MLB gets no more bad press
irish pete ag06
AG

Dumb take is so so dumb.
iBrad
AG
It was dumb. So dumb, she apparently deleted the tweet.
astros4545
AG
Such bull**** that we are the only ones getting roasted

astros4545
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
iBrad said:

It was dumb. So dumb, she apparently deleted the tweet.

Somebody got a screen grab. What an idiot....

redline248
AG
If there is one thing Twitter does exceptionally well...it's expose and lay bare all the morons in this world.
aTm2004
AG
Ok, this is funny.

https://instagr.am/p/B8xOg6Jh7_c
astros4545
AG
Are Aggies stealing signs too?

tjack16
AG
astros4545 said:

Are Aggies stealing signs too?

On 14 hits .... prairie view is about as good as the 10u select teams defensively
Nino Brown
Wouldn't it be easier if you just used these bull**** alleged buzzers?

Meaning, the pitcher and the catcher both have buzzers and the pitching coach sends the buzz to each. No signs, no visits. Pitcher shakes off and send different signal.

Then when hitters are just reading the pitchers mechanics there's no more *****ing by guys who's teams were doing the same thing as documented.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I wish he would follow up with the Yankees splits Home vs Away
mwm
You think there's any chance Manfred will issue punishment to other teams after the regular season starts?

If yes, then I think I'd rather take the media beating now before real games start.
n_touch
mwm said:

You think there's any chance Manfred will issue punishment to other teams after the regular season starts?

If yes, then I think I'd rather take the media beating now before real games start.
He will probably retroactively suspend them for the 2017 season
First Page Last Page
Page 161 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.