*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,025,940 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
n_touch said:

I still question the whole dugout thing from this years playoffs. Why did he act so spooked and try to hide it. Not saying what he was doing was illegal but he made it look shady.
Someone said it earlier, but the fact that Judge only ever hit 20 HRs in the minors before smacking 52 HRs in his rookie season during which the Yankees were caught cheating which was thing followed by 2 years of less than 30 homers. I know he was injured, but I still think a rookie hitting 52 is getting outside help
redline248
AG
wangus12 said:

n_touch said:

I still question the whole dugout thing from this years playoffs. Why did he act so spooked and try to hide it. Not saying what he was doing was illegal but he made it look shady.
Someone said it earlier, but the fact that Judge only ever hit 20 HRs in the minors before smacking 52 HRs in his rookie season during which the Yankees were caught cheating which was thing followed by 2 years of less than 30 homers. I know he was injured, but I still think a rookie hitting 52 is getting outside help

In 18 and 19 he hit a homer every ~15 and 14 AB, respectively . In 17 it was every 10. Looks like he missed some time with injury the last 2 years, but that's at least enough of an outlier to warrant greater scrutiny.
redline248
AG
In comparison, Alvarez hit 27 last year, at about a homer every 11.6 ABs. Yordan's average and OBP were both a lot better than anything Judge has ever done, with the exception of Judge's .422 OBP in 17.
wangus12
AG
Forbers writer (who teaches and presumably lives in LA) says we should be banned from the postseason. Sadly, I could see Manfred fold and do this to appease people.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2020/02/19/rob-manfred-must-suspend-houston-astros-from-the-2020-postseason/#3896f71e6c51
CFTXAG10
AG
wangus12 said:

Forbers writer (who teaches and presumably lives in LA) says we should be banned from the postseason. Sadly, I could see Manfred fold and do this to appease people.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2020/02/19/rob-manfred-must-suspend-houston-astros-from-the-2020-postseason/#3896f71e6c51
There is absolutely no way in hell he would consider doing that.
rak1693
AG
That wouldn't go over well because the MLBPA would be up in arms. The players are untouchable essentially
Wabs
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

wangus12 said:

Ok, then I guess the Yankees and Red Sox get the ban, too? I mean they both cheated and were officially punished by MLB. And the Red Sox have more to come.
Beat40
CFTXAG10 said:

wangus12 said:

Yup. Players association would be over that so fast it wouldn't even be funny.
astros4545
AG

Witch Hunt
aTm2004
AG
wangus12 said:

If he did that and Crane sat back and continued to take it like a *****, this town would burn. At some point, Crane has to find his balls in that giant mansion on Inverness and begin pushing back and turning on the proverbial lights.

Seriously, Ass Chin has to be the biggest fan of the Astros right about now.
agproducer
AG
. . . said:

"And yet it's easy to get carried away, to believe the addition of technology to standard action somehow makes it more severe."

From the Passan article: "Because cheating is not just part of baseball. It's woven into the game's DNA."

I'm just sayin.'
07ag
AG
. . . said:

Lebron has weighed in...

Reminded me of:

https://ts.la/eric59704
tjack16
AG
wangus12 said:

I'd rather have the 2017 title vacated. I truly believe this 2020 team has a chance to win it all and it might be our last full chance for a while due to potentially losing Springer, Correa, and guys like JV and Greinke getting out of their primes.

If we win this year, then at least baseball can't say our only title is tainted or with an asterisk
bearkatag15
AG

Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Move him to first. Yuli is going to be gone soon.

I am sure Ted and Reddick will be splitting some time. That leaves opportunities for Myles and whoever else can crack the roster. Diaz can probably play a little LF if he had to.
aTm2004
AG
WES2006AG
Wabs
AG
Hypocrites being outed left and right
rak1693
AG
My ultimate hope is Manfred has to do what Goodell did back in 2016 with Super Bowl LI. Unleash punishment on a team that cheated and then later hand them the trophy. Except our moment will be sweeter after the media and self-righteous teams throwing a fit about our punishment.
Texaggie7nine
Quote:

Then Stanton followed with, "If I knew what was coming in '17, I probably would have hit 80 home runs." Stanton hit 59 homers, drove in 132 runs and posted an OPS of 1.007 in 2017 and was named the NL MVP with the Marlins.
7nine
Beat40
I wish one of these media guys, when a player says the other players should be banned, would remind them the players were given full immunity. Then should ask them if they plan to take that up with the MLBPA.

But, that will never happen because of narrative and Houston media guys suck.
Wabs
AG
Beat40 said:

I wish one of these media guys, when a player says the other players should be banned, would remind them the players were given full immunity. Then should ask them if they plan to take that up with the MLBPA.

But, that will never happen because of narrative and Houston media guys suck.
Local beat writers of other teams won't ask that question because they know the sensitive little sissies will get pizzed and not allow them access anymore.
bearkatag15
AG

Soo OK Hughes is a weird dude
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
astros4545
AG
tjholley16 said:

wangus12 said:

I'd rather have the 2017 title vacated. I truly believe this 2020 team has a chance to win it all and it might be our last full chance for a while due to potentially losing Springer, Correa, and guys like JV and Greinke getting out of their primes.

If we win this year, then at least baseball can't say our only title is tainted or with an asterisk
Harry Stone
AG
Here's the thing. If mlb can prove no other team cheated in 2017, maybe you take it away...maybe. But you wont be able to because its already documented the Res Sox did it. therefore whats the purpose since youre not going to give it to another club. As a city, we needed that championship and taking it away will devastate a city that clang onto it. Since its known others were cheating it shouldnt matter that we did, but what does matter is the fans needed it and still do.
Ag_07
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Soo OK Hughes is a weird dude

Here's hoping he's better than the last weird guy we added.
Wabs
AG
It will be interesting to see if there are calls to strip Boston's 2018 title after the report is released. There's no way MLB would do that, and any call to strip the Astros can just be answered with "ok, strip titles away from any team that has been fined/punished in the year they won the WS". Oh, you're not going to do that? Ok, then GFY.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Better than Greinke? That'd be cool.
rak1693
AG
And if you vacate the title, wouldn't you have to vacate each individual win in the postseason, thereby changing the whole stat book (W/L for pitchers on both teams, ERA, BA, and way more). Where does it end? It's essentially going down a rabbit hole
Ag_07
AG
Haha! That would be cool.

But I was thinking Biagini.
amercer
AG
Expecting that Red Sox report any day now, huh?
astros4545
AG

redline248
AG
What is significant about this Ryan Spaeder guy?
CFTXAG10
AG
Apparently this is Girardi from 2017 or 2018 on MLBN : "To the hitt... (pause) guy on second base"

falcon09
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

"Part of" as in when the Yankees tattled on the Red Sox or "Part of" as in the Yankees were doing in too?
First Page Last Page
Page 159 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.