*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,037,295 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
iBrad
AG
CFC
CFTXAG10
AG
Call off the WPB Fire Department, Correa is putting out the Fiers....

Ag12thman
AG
Carlos Correa !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ordering 2 jerseys today.
agdaddy04
AG
Not sure I would've said last week it'd be Carlos speaking up before Alex.
Beat40
Here is the situation I'm hoping for at the moment:

All star game is in dodger stadium this year. I want an Astro pitcher on the mound with Bellinger at the plate.

Dusty is the manager, so we can select someone like Cy Sneed and run him out there for that AB. Would be glorious to see Bellinger get beaned in the Allstar game in dodger stadium.
irish pete ag06
AG
bearkatag15 said:

"If you don't know the facts, then you got to shut the **** up."

- Carlos "My Nuts Hang Low" Correa

Print the shirts

Holy damn hell yes. Yes. Fight back. Embrace it. Apology tour doesn't work.
Beat40
agdaddy04 said:

Not sure I would've said last week it'd be Carlos speaking up before Alex.

I'm not sure Alex is going to speak up. He wanted to be one of the faces of baseball before this. I do think he's concerned with his image more than most.

I think with him we're going to see it on the field.
AustinCountyAg
Any takers on who hits the first home run of the season and goes to the camera in the dugout to rip open tgere jersey and show no buzzers?
Kashchei
AG
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28709104/two-california-little-leagues-ban-use-astros

Quote:

It's not good to be a member of the Houston Astros these days. In fact, for two Little Leagues based in California, nobody will be a member of the Astros.

The Long Beach Little League and the East Fullerton Little League have both banned the use of "Astros" from their teams this year after the major league team was found to have illegally stolen signs en route to winning the 2017 World Series over the Los Angeles Dodgers.

"Parents are disgusted," Long Beach Little League president Steve Klaus told the Orange County Register. "They are disgusted with the Astros and their lack of ownership and accountability. We know there's more to this scandal. What's coming tomorrow? With the Astros, you've got premeditated cheating."

The Long Beach Little League is considering a permanent ban of the name after this season.

"Our mission statement has the words 'character' and 'integrity,'" Klaus told the Register. "It's hard to develop integrity and character when you see [cheating] at the top level."

Jesus H Christ. **** Kalifornia. **** the media. **** everybody. With this coverage you would think the Astros were running a child prostitution ring from the dugout while wearing blackface and kicking puppies.

I hope the Astros come out and ass **** everybody this season.
Deluxe
AG
Will be interesting to see if they do the same thing for the Red Sox later this month
wangus12
AG
**** we need to get a hype man for CC dropping bombs
permabull
AG
Ag_07
AG
Honestly Carlos is playing his cards perfectly.

He's lost a ton of credibility with the fans, the organization, and I'm sure the clubhouse the last few years with his injuries and what not and he's making a lot of that back with this situation.

He's nailing it right now!
n_touch

aTm2004
AG
Texaggie7nine
What's fun is I'm a Man City fan as well.
7nine
Wabs
AG
Carlos not taking this **** anymore. I hope Crane is taking notes.
htxag09
AG
Ag_07 said:

Honestly Carlos is playing his cards perfectly.

He's lost a ton of credibility with the fans, the organization, and I'm sure the clubhouse the last few years with his injuries and what not and he's making a lot of that back with this situation.

He's nailing it right now!

With this and the fact he works out at my gym, team Correa all the way.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
dshedd41
S
http://www.mlb.com/news/carlos-correa-on-criticism-of-astros
Gig’em Aggies!
aTm2004
AG
LMJ is the Donald Trump of the Astros.

dixichkn
AG
Kashchei said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28709104/two-california-little-leagues-ban-use-astros

Quote:

It's not good to be a member of the Houston Astros these days. In fact, for two Little Leagues based in California, nobody will be a member of the Astros.

The Long Beach Little League and the East Fullerton Little League have both banned the use of "Astros" from their teams this year after the major league team was found to have illegally stolen signs en route to winning the 2017 World Series over the Los Angeles Dodgers.

"Parents are disgusted," Long Beach Little League president Steve Klaus told the Orange County Register. "They are disgusted with the Astros and their lack of ownership and accountability. We know there's more to this scandal. What's coming tomorrow? With the Astros, you've got premeditated cheating."

The Long Beach Little League is considering a permanent ban of the name after this season.

"Our mission statement has the words 'character' and 'integrity,'" Klaus told the Register. "It's hard to develop integrity and character when you see [cheating] at the top level."

Jesus H Christ. **** Kalifornia. **** the media. **** everybody. With this coverage you would think the Astros were running a child prostitution ring from the dugout while wearing blackface and kicking puppies.

I hope the Astros come out and ass **** everybody this season.
Exactly. This millennial poozy BS right here.......I swear to God, I'm starting to wonder if this whole thing with Dodger fan isn't just manifestation of a huge case of Texas envy. Your state is an absolute lib sh**hole and the 2/3 of your population that hasn't already migrated to Austin knows it.

Look, I get it. The Astros cheated and you're pissed. I don't blame you. I would be too. But the completely overwrought, overdramatic BS in the name of victimization is absolutely laughable. "Guy's careers were ruined. They lost their jobs and went home and committed suicide solely because of the Astros". "We need to be putting 98mph heaters in every single one of their earholes!" Are you effing kidding me? Play the game and kick our ass, now that "everybody is clean". Am I wrong here?
Pahdz
I literally love Carlos Correa
MaxPower
What I don't get is the Dodgers just traded for Betts, who played for the cheating Red Sox when they won the WS against....the Dodgers.
dixichkn
AG
W
AG
I'm warming up to an extension for Correa

Frok
AG
Carlos Correa is my favorite Astro now.
Thinice
W said:

I'm warming up to an extension for Correa

Long term plan;

Lock him and Springer up, don't let Crane speak to anyone.
Bulldog73
AG
No doubt, I'd suggest offering him an extension right now, but panty waisted Crane would probably apologize for the optics of it.
MenOfKyle
AG
Correa's interview really opened my eyes a lot to this situation. I was done with the Astros when the scandal came out, today he broke everything down for a clearer understanding of the unfolding of events in the 2017 WS. By no means am I saying the didn't do anything wrong, but I have a clearer understanding of things and I am a proud Houston Astros fan once again! Let's Go 'Stros!
k20dub
AG
CoachBarnett said:

Correa's interview really opened my eyes a lot to this situation. I was done with the Astros when the scandal came out, today he broke everything down for a clearer understanding of the unfolding of events in the 2017 WS. By no means am I saying the didn't do anything wrong, but I have a clearer understanding of things and I am a proud Houston Astros fan once again! Let's Go 'Stros!

Flexbone
CoachBarnett said:

What a bunch of weak bull*****

EVERYONE is doing this. It wasn't even against the rules at the time.
MenOfKyle
AG
I agree, I kinda feel like they were just the scapegoat. Did Cora get a permanent ban or a one year like Hinch?
ClickClack
AG
CoachBarnett said:

I agree, I kinda feel like they were just the scapegoat. Did Cora get a permanent ban or a one year like Hinch?

He got the perma
First Page Last Page
Page 146 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.