*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,030,932 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ClickClack said:

CoachBarnett said:

I agree, I kinda feel like they were just the scapegoat. Did Cora get a permanent ban or a one year like Hinch?

He got the perma

No punishment has come out
tremble
AG
God I hope the players are motivated to just skull **** the rest of the league. **** all these sanctimonious *******.
redline248
AG
Quote:

It wasn't even against the rules at the time.

Why do people keep making this claim? It Absolutely was illegal. Both before and after Manfred's memo, which is why he fined the Yanks and Red Sox in 2017 when he released the memo.
agproducer
AG
redline248 said:

Quote:

It wasn't even against the rules at the time.

Why do people keep making this claim? It Absolutely was illegal. Both before and after Manfred's memo, which is why he fined the Yanks and Red Sox in 2017 when he released the memo.

Read the rule book. It was not in there at the time.
astros4545
AG
This right here, ladies and gentlemen,
Is the greatest Astro if all time

n_touch
There is a line there though. Even players are confusing what was legal and illegal when talking about it. Codebreaker was and still not illegal. The only illegal portion is the live relaying of the signal.

MLB did not do a good job in breaking down in the report where exactly the rules were broke and it has created some confusion.
W
AG
agproducer said:

Read the rule book. It was not in there at the time.
that's right. A "memo" is not a rule

Harry Dunne
I've got a lot of respect for Altuve, Kemp & Reddick. I ripped Reddick in particular a lot for his declining performance over these past few years but I can't tell you how much respect I have for a guy that in spite of being "all in" and struggling badly refused to cheat.
Farmer1906
AG
He was in the middle of his best season ever in 2017. He probably didn't feel the need to cheat.

Seems like there are a lot of CC fans. The most hated guy on these threads is now pretty popular.
htxag09
AG
He has the balls to say what everyone is thinking
Harry Dunne
You're making a big assumption in order to not give the man the respect he deserves.

A lot of Astros were in the middle of their best seasons ever in 2017 and they still did it. Nobody in that lineup "needed" to cheat.
BCSGrubber
AG
He also put the target on his back instead of the rest of the guys. Ballsy move.
Harry Dunne
BCSGrubber said:

He also put the target on his back instead of the rest of the guys. Ballsy move.
His back is probably already injured just from having the target on it.
the last of the bohemians
I can't wait till the Yankees come to htown, that will be some playoff atmosphere baseball
Deluxe
AG
the last of the bohemians said:

I can't wait till the Yankees come to htown, that will be some playoff atmosphere baseball

Maybe for them. They still have to beat us before it's a real rivalry.
the last of the bohemians
We all Carlos when he is healthy. So, yeah we don't like him 50% of the time
Wabs
AG
astros4545 said:

This right here, ladies and gentlemen,
Is the greatest Astro if all time

You're 100% correct. The best Astro of all time. I've been around team sports my whole life and the one thing I know is that adversity galvanizes teams. They're all in this together. They're all going to hear the boos and vitriol together this season. They have something to prove. These are very talented baseball players and they're about to prove it again. I'll be happy to be along for the ride.
W
AG
Farmer1906 said:

He was in the middle of his best season ever in 2017. He probably didn't feel the need to cheat.

Seems like there are a lot of CC fans. The most hated guy on these threads is now pretty popular.

there are ways to win back the fanbase. This is one of them.

also gutsy for Correa to take on the Yankees and Dodgers...two franchises that might be able to pay him what he's going to want after 2021

W
AG
the last of the bohemians said:

kind of interesting that the Astros & Yankees are not playing each other in spring training...despite both being in the grapefruit league

aTm2004
AG
WW for language.

Farmer1906
AG
Im not trying to take anything away from him. It's always tough to go against the grain. Credit to him, but it may have been easier when he's in a groove.
dave94
AG
safety guy said:

If the Astros were smart they would bring in several wrestling heels to talk to them about the psychology of being viciously demeaned night in and night out while on the road. The reality is that the Astros are going to be good for business on the road as opposing fans whipped up by the media and player rhetoric are going to come out in droves to be able to join in on the spectacle.

You think more people are gonna come to games just to boo the Astros?
Big Al 1992
AG
The way spring training has started for the Astros makes me think Manfred and co are gonna go light on the Red Sox. It's all anyone is talking about and baseball doesn't want this part 2. In their mind, baseball only has room for one villain.
And it's like SMU death penalty - no one got hammered after that and no ones gonna get it like Houston did. Sickening. Hope I'm wrong.
dixichkn
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

The way spring training has started for the Astros makes me think Manfred and co are gonna go light on the Red Sox. It's all anyone is talking about and baseball doesn't want this part 2. In their mind, baseball only has room for one villain.
And it's like SMU death penalty - no one got hammered after that and no ones gonna get it like Houston did. Sickening. Hope I'm wrong.

You're not. They'll totally let the Red Sox slide. Come on.......that's an east coast darling. You kidding?

As far as the Yankees and Dodgers, they remind me a lot of the sips who pointed fingers at us and SMU, UH, TCU back in the dying days of the SWC and said "cheater.......that's the only way you can win. You'll never find dirt on us." Well yeah........know what it takes to find dirt?

An investigation.

And that ain't happening. The dirt has already been swept under the rug and that's exactly where it's staying.
ClickClack
AG
n_touch said:

ClickClack said:

CoachBarnett said:

I agree, I kinda feel like they were just the scapegoat. Did Cora get a permanent ban or a one year like Hinch?

He got the perma

No punishment has come out

Trying to mess with him, since he's hopping on and off the fan wagon. Thanks for the help guys.
Texaggie7nine

7nine
Ag_07
AG
So that's his response? Ugly fckn face? Sweet burn brah!!!!

I'm calling this one. I'm gonna go with Carlos 1 and Cody 0
Post removed:
by user
45-70Ag
AG
When the astros are at the plate against any dodger pitcher, that's going to be entertaining.
W
AG
Bellinger is a career .178 hitter in the postseason in 145 plate appearances including a whopping 52 K's.

he's been terrible...and not just in the 2017 WS.

should not be talking

Drip99
AG
W said:

Bellinger is a career .178 hitter in the postseason in 145 plate appearances including a whopping 52 K's.

he's been terrible...and not just in the 2017 WS.

should not be talking

Yes he should probably worry about just making contact before attempting to control ball flight.
agsquirrel97
AG
Ag_07 said:

So that's his response? Ugly fckn face? Sweet burn brah!!!!

I'm calling this one. I'm gonna go with Carlos 1 and Cody 0
Wabs
AG
Ok, so let me get this straight. The Red Sox got caught using technology (Apple watches) to steal signs in 2017. This (along with Yankees using YES cameras) prompted MLB to release a memo to the whole league. Then the Red Sox continued to cheat in 2018. Doesn't this make them a repeat offender?? They should get a harsher punishment that the Astros, no?
Deluxe
AG
FWIW, Jeff Passan said on the Section 10 podcast a few weeks ago that the punishment would be in line with the Astros punishment (pending what infractions the investigation yields obviously). The mortal sin from Manfred's standpoint is incompliance with the 9/25 memo and the Red Sox would be multiple offenders. We'll see how it shakes out though. I won't be surprised with anything.
Mr.Bond
AG
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

First Page Last Page
Page 147 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.