*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,037,174 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
shano0603
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All these butthurt taints can lick my beanbag. All the Yankees and dodgers blaming them losing on this.

Someone answer this, is there a record of the trash cans in the playoffs?
BCSGrubber
AG
From article:

Correa: Well, usually I don't have problems when people talk about 2017 and about what happened that year because, honestly, we were wrong. Everything that happened that year was absolutely wrong, and we obviously show remorse for that because we really feel bad about everything that happened in 2017.

The problem I have is when players go out there and they don't know the facts, they're not informed about the situation and they just go out there and go on camera and just talk. With me, that doesn't seem right. It doesn't seem right at all. So when (Bellinger) talks about that we cheated for three years, he either doesn't know how to read, is really bad at reading comprehension or is just not informed at all.
BCSGrubber
AG
Altuve was clean per Correa

Correa: So when we move forward and he talks about Altuve, he says, "Jos Altuve cheated Judge out of the MVP." Cody, you don't know the facts. Nobody wants to talk about this, but I'm going to talk about this. Jos Altuve was the one guy that didn't use the trash can.

The few times that the trash can was banged was without his consent, and he would go inside the clubhouse and inside the dugout to whoever was banging the trash can and he would get pissed. He would get mad. He would say, "I don't want this. I can't hit like this. Don't you do that to me." He played the game clean.
mwm
Hey, Cody. That was quite a performance for you there, buddy. And I didn't hear one bang on a trash can lid.
tjack16
AG
I've never understood the Correa slander on this board. He's easily been one of my favorites since he got called up. Wish he was healthy more but I love having him on this team.

This week has further solidified that
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Fkn A, Correa
BCSGrubber
AG
Correa with throat punch

Cody didn't have a good World Series (Bellinger went 4-for-28, with all of his hits going for extra bases). For him to be talking about us stealing that championship, don't talk about it. You should not be talking about it. You should have done something about it. When you analyze the games, we won fair and square. We earned that championship.
Ag_07
AG
#SassyCarlos
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I take back everything bad I've ever said about correa.
agproducer
AG
I have new respect for Carlos. He is not shying away from the tough questions. I wish others would stand up like he is. Bregman needs to step up like this too.

I'm really not surprised Altuve stepped up and did the canned apology. He's the ultimate team guy, and even if he didn't participate, he knows he's the face of the team.

But, you know what? Some people aren't going to be happy until the Astros are dismantled.

**** them.

This team looks like it is going to bands together and say ****'em all. Let's win this thing!
Exsurge Domine
Definitely think there's going to be a brawl with Bauer on the mound.
Unemployed
AG
AL pitchers talking about retaliation can run their mouths knowing that they'll never have to step in the batter's box.

Either man the fk up or just shut your mouth.
MaxPower
Bauer has to throw at the Astros. Getting ejected is his best bet for not getting lit up.
astros4545
AG
AggieLit
ClickClack said:

I find it funny living in Boston now, their local media defends their teams to the grave. They are annoyingly loyal and passionate. Their press defends their teams and acts like homers.

But not Houston. We gotta eat our own and "keep it real". Good job guys. Not like the national media won't already eat us alive every opportunity they get.
I think this is partly because Houston is somewhat of a "stepping stone" in the media world, whereas Boston is a destination. If you get a job in Boston, you settle and make a career. We have had a few great sportswriters make a career in Houston (Mickey Herskowitz), but a lot more who either stayed here because they weren't talented enough to go elsewhere or who left town as soon as they could get a better job (Drellich). And the best way to get noticed by a bigger outlet is to show you're not a homer, to show you hit hard and ask tough questions and basically drive everyone crazy, which is kind of what journalism is all about.

The other thing is, sportswriters in Boston and New York are big homers because the fanbases there would roast them on a stick if they weren't. Houston hasn't shown its reporters that their lives will be misery if they don't put the team first. Gotta e-mail them and tell them what you think. They do read the e-mails. and often write back.
Mr.Bond
AG
Thank God Josh didn't use it...... That would have been an even more embarrassing .115 avg
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

n_touch
This whole time we thought it was Daniella that did it to Carlos....
Deluxe
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Correa is dominating the offseason PR tour

Pay the man!
Beat40
I'm glad Correa is fighting back. It's about freaking time for someone in this organization to defend those worth defending.

Dodgers are running their mouth because they don't have to face us this year. No threat for Cody to get beaned.
aTm2004
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Thank God Josh didn't use it...... That would have been an even more embarrassing .115 avg
bearkatag15
AG

"If you don't know the facts, then you got to shut the **** up."

- Carlos "My Nuts Hang Low" Correa

Print the shirts
agproducer
AG
Rosenthal and Drellich have been all over the reporting in this, and in some spots doing too much.

Hmm, I wonder why this article implicating the Yankees from January isn't getting more run.

https://theathletic.com/1510673/2020/01/07/mlbs-sign-stealing-controversy-broadens-sources-say-the-red-sox-used-video-replay-room-illegally-in-2018/

aTm2004
AG
Probably because nobody wants to buy a subscription for something they can get for free.
bearkatag15
AG
Mr.Bond
AG
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Hulla Baller
AG
So who used the trash can method then? Serious question
redline248
AG
bearkatag15 said:

They can all
Post removed:
by user
redline248
AG
Hulla Baller said:

So who used the trash can method then? Serious question
Marwin, the most. Correa was up there, too. Can't remember all the deets, but Gattis and Marisnick had high % of pitches with it.
BullSprig07
AG
ClickClack
AG
AggieLit said:

ClickClack said:

I find it funny living in Boston now, their local media defends their teams to the grave. They are annoyingly loyal and passionate. Their press defends their teams and acts like homers.

But not Houston. We gotta eat our own and "keep it real". Good job guys. Not like the national media won't already eat us alive every opportunity they get.
I think this is partly because Houston is somewhat of a "stepping stone" in the media world, whereas Boston is a destination. If you get a job in Boston, you settle and make a career. We have had a few great sportswriters make a career in Houston (Mickey Herskowitz), but a lot more who either stayed here because they weren't talented enough to go elsewhere or who left town as soon as they could get a better job (Drellich). And the best way to get noticed by a bigger outlet is to show you're not a homer, to show you hit hard and ask tough questions and basically drive everyone crazy, which is kind of what journalism is all about.

The other thing is, sportswriters in Boston and New York are big homers because the fanbases there would roast them on a stick if they weren't. Houston hasn't shown its reporters that their lives will be misery if they don't put the team first. Gotta e-mail them and tell them what you think. They do read the e-mails. and often write back.

Agree with you for sure on the second part. New Englanders won't put up with a local making their team look bad.
ClickClack
AG
I'm back on team Correa. Been sick of his weak stuff but him standing up and saying facts and addressing b*tchboy bellinger directly makes up for a lot.

bearkatag15
AG

Tell'em CC
ClickClack
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Tell'em CC

Deluxe
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Tell'em CC

Boom
First Page Last Page
Page 145 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.