*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,036,427 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
03_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He overvalues himself and his opinion.
astros4545
AG
03_Aggie said:

He overvalues himself and his opinion.

Only good thing he ever did was chunk that baseball over CF after being pulled

Still can't believe someone did that
ClickClack
AG
TLDR. Don't care about your thoughts Bauer. Go pitch.
spadilly
S
n_touch said:

Yes. How much!
dshedd41
S
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2876382-dodgers-p-ross-stripling-says-hed-intentionally-hit-astros-batters-amid-scandal
Gig’em Aggies!
W
AG
a little easier to say that now...since the trade to the Angels fell through

. . .
bearkatag15
AG
Would be nice if the team specific media members would let this line of questioning die off a bit. Don't need the same questions and answers everyday from the players.
irish pete ag06
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Would be nice if the team specific media members would let this line of questioning die off a bit. Don't need the same questions and answers everyday from the players.
Exactly.

I say again. Please let the Red Sox get hammered just like us. We need the Boston media which is a tad stronger than ours to go after everyone else. We need a Red Sox Jomboy (who is really just baseball Alex Jones in my opinion)
tjack16
AG
bearkatag15 said:

No you know Chandler Rome will ask these questions every day this season
dshedd41
S
I'm going to be in the minority here, but I think a very simple and effective solution would be just to ban all technology. It would eradicate all this mess and further speculation.
Gig’em Aggies!
bearkatag15
AG
I can see it now... Bregman hits a walk off RBI double off an off speed pitch vs the A's in a game in May at home. First question from Rome is "do you believe you would have hit a HR in the same situation in '17 with the assist from the trashcan banging?"
ClickClack
AG
I find it funny living in Boston now, their local media defends their teams to the grave. They are annoyingly loyal and passionate. Their press defends their teams and acts like homers.

But not Houston. We gotta eat our own and "keep it real". Good job guys. Not like the national media won't already eat us alive every opportunity they get.
safety guy
AG
If the Astros were smart they would bring in several wrestling heels to talk to them about the psychology of being viciously demeaned night in and night out while on the road. The reality is that the Astros are going to be good for business on the road as opposing fans whipped up by the media and player rhetoric are going to come out in droves to be able to join in on the spectacle.
Deluxe
AG
"The facts are still coming out"

Clearly JV knows something.
Jackal99
AG
safety guy said:

If the Astros were smart they would bring in several wrestling heels to talk to them about the psychology of being viciously demeaned night in and night out while on the road. The reality is that the Astros are going to be good for business on the road as opposing fans whipped up by the media and player rhetoric are going to come out in droves to be able to join in on the spectacle.

Well, Reddick is friends with Ric Flair.
iBrad
AG
This whole sign stealing ordeal is a case study on the pitchfork mentality that social media drives and the national media latches onto to drive traffic to their "news" sources. Facts don't matter. All the implications of other teams don't matter. It's "be interesting, not accurate" at its finest.
safety guy
AG
ClickClack said:

I find it funny living in Boston now, their local media defends their teams to the grave. They are annoyingly loyal and passionate. Their press defends their teams and acts like homers.

But not Houston. We gotta eat our own and "keep it real". Good job guys. Not like the national media won't already eat us alive every opportunity they get.
You got that exactly. The Houston media, whatever we have, needs to grow a pear and start openly talking about the specific teams mentioned in various reports. Someone should have asked crane in front of the national media if he was upset that the Yankees and Dodgers were targeting them when they have been rumored to be doing the same thing. There was the first question that referenced other teams but it was not specific. We need to go on the offensive and start calling out other teams. But most our media want to move into a national position so they wont rock the boat and go along with the perceived story. Just disgusting.
bearkatag15
AG

I'm ready for 52 HRs, .315 BA, 135 RBI

aTm2004
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I can see it now... Bregman hits a walk off RBI double off an off speed pitch vs the A's in a game in May at home. First question from Rome is "do you believe you would have hit a HR in the same situation in '17 with the assist from the trashcan banging?"
Bregman: "Probably, but the one thing for certain is I'll be hitting a HR tonight while I'm banging your girl...call me, Babe! <winks>"
CFTXAG10
AG
Ready for a full season of Air Yordan

AustinCountyAg
Chandler Rome needs to STFU with the same damn buzzer questions everyday.
bearkatag15
AG
Ag_07
AG
ClickClack said:

The issue is that as far as sports media goes LA, BOS, NY are the top. That's where all these guys wanna be. Once they're there they don't need to make a name for themselves.

Nobodies like Rome need to make a name for themselves and get noticed in order to get there so until they do they'll do whatever it takes for pub.

He's a worthless hack who's in it for himself. Reporting anything worthwhile is way down on his list of priorities.
. . .

Deluxe
AG
. . . said:

Predictable opinion is predictable
45-70Ag
AG
lol at asking for league protection.
Just get up there and deal with it.

Can't say screw you we are champs and then say please protect us.
Deluxe
AG
Irish_Man said:

Who said "screw you, we are champs"? Pretty sure everyone on the 2017 Astros has issued an apology.
astros4545
AG
Irish_Man said:

And if someone ends up in the hospital and dead?
. . .
CC!

aTm2004
AG
BullSprig07
AG
Attaboy!
Ag_07
AG
I cannot wait to see LMJ pitch this year.

He's gonna be a piss and vinegar filled banger spinning machine.

Seriously this is a big year for him and I expect him to step up and be a stud.
CFTXAG10
AG
Correa is dominating the offseason PR tour
45-70Ag
AG
astros4545 said:

Irish_Man said:

And if someone ends up in the hospital and dead?

You think someone is taking it that far?
First Page Last Page
Page 144 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.