*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,037,310 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They won 78 last year. I think they've made improvements. 85 is likely too high, but I could see .500. More of a stretch goal for them.
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

The more I think about, the more I expect this division to be pretty tough. I think we'll still win it and be a very clear favorite, but I could see LAA, TEX, & OAK all win 85+. The Angels have a very good line up and it just got better. They keep adding arms and it just may work out somewhat.

Agreed. I'm already dreading the lazy narratives at the end of the year if our 100 win streak gets snapped.
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

Farmer1906 said:

The more I think about, the more I expect this division to be pretty tough. I think we'll still win it and be a very clear favorite, but I could see LAA, TEX, & OAK all win 85+. The Angels have a very good line up and it just got better. They keep adding arms and it just may work out somewhat.

Agreed. I'm already dreading the lazy narratives at the end of the year if our 100 win streak gets snapped.
Has 4 100 win seasons happened before? I know 3 has about a half dozen times.
DVC2010
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Deluxe said:

Farmer1906 said:

Has 4 100 win seasons happened before? I know 3 has about a half dozen times.

It has not.
bearkatag15
AG
Projected Stats!!!!

gougler08
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Projected Stats!!!!

It'd be 40 if we hadn't been caught
Deluxe
AG
That Angels offense is gonna be pretty salty
EagleAg19
CFTXAG10 said:

C'mon guys, I hate the dodgers as much as anybody but how in the hell do y'all fall for this? Those are two very different watches.
the last of the bohemians
Why would you wear a watch to play baseball?
Buck Compton
AG
the last of the bohemians said:

Why would you wear a watch to play baseball?

Then cover it up, the speak into it? Only when cheating.

So, that's pretty accurate to the watch the 1B Coach has on. What's this guy smoking?
EagleAg19
He's a coach
AustinCountyAg
SW-14 said:

Did this just now pop up? Why wait till spring training is about to start to have surgery?

A lot of times they will have them wait it out during the off season to see if the injuries will heal on their own without surgery. I'm guessing this is what they tried to do, and it did not heal. Either way IDNGAF.

**** the yankees
Wabs
AG
Are the self righteous Dodger fans going to root for Betts and Price?? I mean they did come from the cheating Red Sox....
n_touch
YNWA_AG
AG

They are releasing an excerpt of the interview at 5PM tonight
k20dub
AG
"I tried to stop it, but I should've done more. I accept the penalty from the commissioner. I will learn from my mistakes."

Hinch 2020 Redemption tour begins...
Post removed:
by user
Deluxe
AG
third coast.. said:

Wait the org. Gave fake rings to people?

Red Sox employees were confused why the team hosted a replica ring night during the offseason. Then they realized the rings were for them.
Post removed:
by user
Beat40
third coast.. said:

Deluxe said:

third coast.. said:

Wait the org. Gave fake rings to people?

Red Sox employees were confused why the team hosted a replica ring night during the offseason. Then they realized the rings were for them.

Come on......
JD Martinez really hampering the cash flow.
linkdude
AG
Newssssssss
Deluxe
AG
Beautiful
Kashchei
AG
"Hank Aaron thinks players involved in Astros sign-stealing scandal should be banned for life"

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/hank-aaron-thinks-players-involved-in-astros-sign-stealing-scandal-should-be-banned-for-life/

Hey Hank:

Mathguy is right on. Everyone, especially MLB and the media, can suck my dick. Astros are gonna go out and mash this season.
Mathguy64
AG
Hank, got any greenies left over from the day?
Deluxe
AG
That's one step below a lazy narrative. I'd just call that ignorance.
. . .
Verducci: A.J., I'm gonna ask you a question that every fan I think has asked since this story broke. It's more difficult for you because it's way more meaningful. The Astros won the World Series in 2017. Based on what we know now, what we know from the commissioner's investigation, is that championship tainted?

Hinch: It's a fair question. Everyone will have to draw their own conclusion. I hope over time & the demonstration with the talents of this team, the players, the careers that are being had, we have some of the best players in the entire sport all together on the same team. I hope over time it's proven that it wasn't but I understand the question. It's a fair question and people are gonna have to draw their own conclusions. Unfortunately we opened that door as a group and that question may never be answered. We may never know. We're gonna have to live and move forward and be better in the sport. Unfortunately no one can answer that question. I can't pinpoint what advantages or what happened or what exactly would have happened otherwise but we did it to ourselves.
Kashchei
AG
I think 2018 and 2019 answered the question. And 2020 will too.
CFTXAG10
AG
Man I wanted 2017 so damn bad, especially in game 7. It was mentioned here that winning in 2019 couldn't top 2017, but I think 2020 could come pretty damn close to feeling that good for different reasons....
k20dub
AG
. . . said:

Verducci: A.J., I'm gonna ask you a question that every fan I think has asked since this story broke. It's more difficult for you because it's way more meaningful. The Astros won the World Series in 2017. Based on what we know now, what we know from the commissioner's investigation, is that championship tainted?

Hinch: It's a fair question. Everyone will have to draw their own conclusion. I hope over time & the demonstration with the talents of this team, the players, the careers that are being had, we have some of the best players in the entire sport all together on the same team. I hope over time it's proven that it wasn't but I understand the question. It's a fair question and people are gonna have to draw their own conclusions. Unfortunately we opened that door as a group and that question may never be answered. We may never know. We're gonna have to live and move forward and be better in the sport. Unfortunately no one can answer that question. I can't pinpoint what advantages or what happened or what exactly would have happened otherwise but we did it to ourselves.

Here's the clip from that transcript.

Mr.Bond
AG
Jeebus
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Hinch is breaking code...
Ag_07
AG
Hey AJ I know the answer...NO

I'm not gonna type it out again but there's lots that went down in 2017 that didn't have Jack shlt to do with sign stealing.
spadilly
S
Hinch looks beat down.
Mathguy64
AG
Hinch is playing the sorry, contrite former manager hoping he will get to be a manager somewhere next year. It's the cards he got dealt. He would be better off spending this year in Tahiti safe from prying media and nCoV2019.
Hinch should have let these guys play the year out and show people they are no fluke before commenting on 2017...but I'm guessing he is following the instructions of his agent
First Page Last Page
Page 127 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.