*****Official 2019/2020 Houston Astros offseason thread*****

1,031,328 Views | 9892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Jackal99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aTm2004 said:

If so, he should give her a good spankin'.

Oh, I bet he does that anyway.
Deluxe
AG
Ag_07 said:

Gibbons has been elected 52 times in his managerial career. Good for 13th all time.

And I'm guessing a few of those were against Arlington.
Deluxe
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Deluxe said:

When opposing teams inevitably throw at Altuve/Bregman, which manager option would be mostly likely to order our pitcher to retaliate? I'm thinking Bannister.

Yeah I saw on Twitter we need to Hire Bannister and trade for Puig so we can win all the fights.

It's very good thought. I like the idea of bringing in some enforcers. Puig would be good depth. Maybe we could bring in Farnsworth as a bench coach too.
dshedd41
S
Sign-Stealing Around the League -SB Nation
http://www.crawfishboxes.com/2020/1/20/21070757/sign-stealing-scandal-houston-astros-yankees-red-sox-brewers-cubs-phillies-mets-dodgers-rangers-mlb
Gig’em Aggies!
Jackal99
AG
Deluxe said:

Ag_07 said:

Gibbons has been elected 52 times in his managerial career. Good for 13th all time.

And I'm guessing a few of those were against Arlington.

FTAR
Wabs
AG
dshedd41 said:

http://www.crawfishboxes.com/2020/1/20/21070757/sign-stealing-scandal-houston-astros-yankees-red-sox-brewers-cubs-phillies-mets-dodgers-rangers-mlb
"I have no reason to believe it extends beyond the Astros." - Rob Manfred

What ****ing BULL*****
E
AG
I love how Yu Darvish is questioning things, didn't we light him up in his own stadium?

We also won 2 of the 4 games in Los Angeles, I think most doyer fans forget that as well...
Wabs
AG
E said:

I love how Yu Darvish is questioning things, didn't we light him up in his own stadium?

We also won 2 of the 4 games in Los Angeles, I think most doyer fans forget that as well...
Most fans of other teams see their team as squeaky clean in all of this. Especially the self-righteous *******s in NY.
Marvin
AG
dshedd41 said:

That was a good read. Too bad baseball won't punish ALL cheaters.
Mathguy64
AG
Great summary article Dan. I have zero confidence that Rob Manfred wants to do anything. And it really to me shows just how over reactive Crane was given Manfred's reluctance to do anything but whitewash this.
aTm2004
AG
E said:

I know. Hell, even MLB Network was showing how he was tipping his pitches after game 7.
. . .
Post removed:
by user
CFTXAG10
AG
Its just mind-blowing how much the players and media are blatantly ignoring the facts

-This wasn't done on the road (still a great road team the last three years)
-Sign stealing is legal, doing it with electronic methods is not. Most players thought it was more of a distraction than anything
-We didn't cheat AT ALL in 2018 and 2019 and still went to the ALCS (lost against a team that was cheating) and WS (lost against a team that is mentioned for alleged cheating)

GTFO with this self-righteous, "Oh now I know why you did so good against me" bull****, we have a great lineup that would have done the same to you with or without the cheating. There is a reason we are projected for the third highest win total in baseball this coming year. Get your head out of the sand.

/rant over
aTm2004
AG
This is going to be the cry of all pitchers the Astros light up for the next couple of years. I hope our pitchers say the same after every away loss.
dshedd41
S
Thanks, I didn't write it,, but still an interesting article
Gig’em Aggies!
Wabs
AG
Somebody that's on Twitter needs to blast these guys when the Astros shell them next season. Basically say......"oh, I thought they were only hitting you because they cheated. Looks like you just suck".
BullSprig07
AG
As self-righteous as this comes off, the fact that some players are being so vocal about this leads me to believe that electronic sign stealing was likely not being done in every club house.

Bulldog73
AG
That or it's a "whew, they took the fall for everyone" and a smelt it dealt it situation.
bearkatag15
AG

Lets have some positivity on the board... some highlights from our new backup catcher.
Post removed:
by user
bearkatag15
AG

Hopefully this means Dusty won't be the pick...
ClickClack
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Its just mind-blowing how much the players and media are blatantly ignoring the facts

-Sign stealing is legal, doing it with electronic methods is not. Most players thought it was more of a distraction than anything
-We didn't cheat AT ALL in 2018 and 2019 and still went to the ALCS (lost against a team that was cheating) and WS (lost against a team that is mentioned for alleged cheating)

GTFO with this self-righteous, "Oh now I know why you did so good against me" bull****, we have a great lineup that would have done the same to you with or without the cheating. There is a reason we are projected for the third highest win total in baseball this coming year. Get your head out of the sand.

/rant over

This is my biggest gripe about this. I honestly think we'd have been just as good without all this. It's being made out to be much bigger and a bigger advantage than it ever was. People love a good pile-on though.
Texaggie7nine
I can't honestly say I would be acting any different than all the haters are if it was the Yankees or Dodgers that this happened to.
7nine
Marvin
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

/rant over

Sure are a lot of "perfect" players coming out of the woodwork. Gotta think those league-wide 4.75 ERA records will be below 2.00 now that the Houston Astros have been stripped of all their talent and ability.
k20dub
AG
Nothing to add, just popping in to say **** Mike Fiers!
BMX Bandit
Frok
AG
There is gonna be a lot of pressure on Astros hitters to perform this year. Imagine one of them doesn't hit as many home runs this year. What do you think everyone is going to say?

k20dub
AG
Frok said:

There is gonna be a lot of pressure on Astros hitters to perform this year. Imagine one of them doesn't hit as many home runs this year. What do you think everyone is going to say?

These guys are going to face ridicule unlike anything sports have ever seen. Will be booed at every away game, especially the first month of the season. Will be heckled and asked about the scandal ad nauseam by reporters and fans all year.
agproducer
AG
k20dub said:

Frok said:

These guys are going to face ridicule unlike anything sports have ever seen. Will be booed at every away game, especially the first month of the season. Will be heckled and asked about the scandal ad nauseam by reporters and fans all year.
Regardless of what they say, it's going to be a major distraction -- especially on the road.
the last of the bohemians
The group think against the Astros is such a great microcosm of how effective main stream media can get the ordinary, I don't want to think extra about anything, person to buy into whatever agenda they spit out. The truth will come out, eventually, about all the teams, players, and coaches involved. It may take several years, but it will.
Pahdz
Absolutely, I live in MN and it's absurd how everyone is repeating every rumor as gospel
JCA1
AG
Frok said:

Bregman has historically started pretty slow. If he does that this year, he's going to hear it and nobody will even acknowledge his typical slow starts.

The commish is such a nozzle. Acts like it's the most important issue in baseball but not actually important enough to risk the ire of the players' union.

Wabs
AG
Of course the Astros did themselves no favors by cheating the way they did, and I for one think the punishment was just and needed. MLB initiated this investigation based on allegations by a former player, and then released the findings that set off a pitch-fork mob against the Astros. They could have fined/punished the Astros and kept alot of the details out of public view (like they often do with Boston, NY, etc.).

There are PLENTY of allegations against other teams, by current and former players, and even league officials. It would be a pretty ****ty deal and grossly unfair if MLB doesn't give each allegation the "Astros style" investigation. Go in, interview people, collect evidence, release the report with names, and hand out punishment. If they don't it's complete bull**** and a clear indication that they are willing to let the Astros take complete blame.
agsquirrel97
AG
Wabs said:

Of course the Astros did themselves no favors by cheating the way they did, and I for one think the punishment was just and needed. MLB initiated this investigation based on allegations by a former player, and then released the findings that set off a pitch-fork mob against the Astros. They could have fined/punished the Astros and kept alot of the details out of public view (like they often do with Boston, NY, etc.).

There are PLENTY of allegations against other teams, by current and former players, and even league officials. It would be a pretty ****ty deal and grossly unfair if MLB doesn't give each allegation the "Astros style" investigation. Go in, interview people, collect evidence, release the report with names, and hand out punishment. If they don't it's complete bull**** and a clear indication that they are willing to let the Astros take complete blame.
You think any player will ever talk again? Do you think any management organization will encourage players to be open and honest like the Astros allegedly told their players to be?

Hell no. Everyone has seen the pitchfork mob and ruined careers. No one is saying **** moving forward. Investigations are useless at this point. Red Sox aren't gonna talk, and no one else will.
First Page Last Page
Page 100 of 283

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.