*****Offical Texas Rangers 2019 Season Thread*****

467,645 Views | 4725 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
DeangeloVickers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have they always done these Father's day hats? Man they look awful.

DeangeloVickers
AG
Choo choo
DannyDuberstein
AG
Ryno01 said:

MLB is now taking pretty much any occasion to make a special occasion hat to sell merch.
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525 said:

I'm rooting for New York to win the AL East anyway. Going to Yankee stadium with that lineup in a winner take all wild card game seems like a death sentence. Our best chance would probably be Tampa bay and hope our bats are hot that day. The angels have played them well this weekend, so it's possible.
Who would you rather face:

Charlie Morton (TB): 15GS, 2.37
Chris Sale (Bos): 15GS, 3.49
Tanaka (NYY): 14GS, 3.58
Smokes With Cigarettes
Pence should be an allstar.
Schall 02
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Ryno01 said:

MLB is now taking pretty much any occasion to make a special occasion hat to sell merch.

Proceeds go to fight cancer. I hope they sell out.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2019/06/16/tie-dyed-blue-caps-ribbons-across-mlb-for-fathers-day-2019/

"Proceeds from the sale of Father's Day merchandise will go to the Prostate Cancer Foundation as well as Stand Up To Cancer."
KT 90
AG
DOH! Pence looks like he just pulled a groin. Being removed from the game.

At least there is a spot for Calhoun now, but that's not the way we wanted to do it.

KT 90
AG
Pence looked like he may need a IL stint after watching the replay. Mazara supposed to have an MRI tomorrow as well. THat might be two on the IL tomorrow.

KT 90
AG
I believe Gallo is approx 1 week away from what I have read. Calhoun should be ready tomorrow I believe, he was on a rehab assignment already this weekend.

DallasAg 94
One of the things I can't say enough about...

One of the things I love about Santana is his willingness and ability to do whatever the Rangers ask of him.

SS > RF

He doesn't need to hit .300, nor be a GG fielder. He just needs to be "available" for whatever the Rangers need of him.
Grapesoda2525
I heard a rumor that the rangers were planning to play gallo at first and demote condor to the minors. It makes sense because Guzman can't hit. The injuries might have changed that plan tho.
KT 90
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

I heard a rumor that the rangers were planning to play gallo at first and demote condor to the minors. It makes sense because Guzman can't hit. The injuries might have changed that plan tho.

Yep. The injuries likely gave him more time to work things out. I believe they said earlier he was 0 for his last 17, and then he got out again, so 0 for 18 I believe. Ouch.

Grapesoda2525
KT 90 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Yep. The injuries likely gave him more time to work things out. I believe they said earlier he was 0 for his last 17, and then he got out again, so 0 for 18 I believe. Ouch.

I heard 1 hit on this road trip. How can you go to both Fenway and the great American ballpark back to back and not get any hits? Both are definitely hitters parks. Pathetic.
KT 90
AG
Yikes, stepped away for a bit and now Rangers are down 11-3...

KT 90
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

KT 90 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

I heard 1 hit on this road trip. How can you go to both Fenway and the great American ballpark back to back and not get any hits? Both are definitely hitters parks. Pathetic.

yeah, they said his last hit was in Fenway, and then it's been an o'fer since then.

DallasAg 94
I don't know about sending Guzman down. I saw Woody said they had no intention of moving Gallo back to 1st.
bigcat22
AG
To say Guzman is struggling would be an understatement. Also a little depressing is that after this winning road trip we will have actually lost ground in the WC race

KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

I don't know about sending Guzman down. I saw Woody said they had no intention of moving Gallo back to 1st.

How recent was that? Seems like Gallo might be safer from re-injuring himself at 1B than in the OF (at least for a while). Won't have to unload on a big throw at first like he would have to at times from the OF.

KT 90
AG
KT 90 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

How recent was that? Seems like Gallo might be safer from re-injuring himself at 1B than in the OF (at least for a while). Won't have to unload on a big throw at first like he would have to at times from the OF.

But with (apparently) Mazara and Pence injured for at least a short spell, should be plenty of outfield spots in the short term anyway. Gives Guzman a little time to snap out of it.

DallasAg 94
KT 90 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Yesterday.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/06/rangers-notes-gallo-pitching-gardewine-petricka.html
Chapa96
AG
Is there not going to be an A&M night this year?
Mr Gigem
AG
As of right now, there won't be
gomerschlep
AG
Well why would there be? It's only the largest University in the State with a huge alumni base. I bet SFA night really fills the stands though
DannyDuberstein
AG
AP - if you can share, what does the financial arrangement tend to be on this kind of thing? Obviously it helps get some extra butts in the seats on the summer weekday doldrum days. Curious if that aspect is part of the problem for us.

And why are we such a PITA about it? I know this isn't the first year that's been a challenge, but the others always got worked out. I assume this one is doubtful if not a definite no now.
powerbelly
AG
gomerschlep said:

Well why would there be? It's only the largest University in the State with a huge alumni base. I bet SFA night really fills the stands though
Apparently, A&M is hard to work with on these things (mentioned earlier in the thread.)
Mr Gigem
AG
A&M basically said they don't see any benefit in doing it
MooreTrucker
AG
Our suck marketing department strikes again.
DannyDuberstein
AG
AccidentProne said:

A&M basically said they don't see any benefit in doing it
Does the school have to pay? Kind of loony since it doesn't seem like much work.
PatAg
AG
You'd think they would care more about the DFW area, it contributes a large % of the student base
Mr Gigem
AG
Not really. It's all done through FSSW, who has like third tier media rights or something like that, and has the ability to use the A&M logo. Just have to agree on a date with the school, and A&M was uncommitted to it and decided not to do it this year. Doesn't make any sense. I know.
DallasAg 94
Any word if the Astros are still doing these and whether or not A&M has one with the Astros?
KT 90
AG
Calhoun is back and in the lineup tonight. Pence to the DL.

Santana is starting in RF as Mazara is getting a day or two off rather than a DL stint.

PatAg
AG
KT 90 said:

Calhoun is back and in the lineup tonight. Pence to the DL.

Santana is starting in RF as Mazara is getting a day or two off rather than a DL stint.

hopefully he can pick up right where he left off
Schall 02
AG
AccidentProne said:

Not really. It's all done through FSSW, who has like third tier media rights or something like that, and has the ability to use the A&M logo. Just have to agree on a date with the school, and A&M was uncommitted to it and decided not to do it this year. Doesn't make any sense. I know.

Aggie jokes write themselves.
KT 90
AG
3-0 Rangers after 4 innings.

First Page Last Page
Page 67 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.