*****Offical Texas Rangers 2019 Season Thread*****

467,659 Views | 4725 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Santana
AgBQ-00
AG
Don't know why but I have always liked Jason Kipnis.
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

Santana
I think Santana has proven over the last week or so that his fast start isn't a fluke. He shouldn't be going anywhere when gallo needs to come back.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Good work tonight (so far)
KT 90
AG
7-1 after 6.

KT 90
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Santana
I think Santana has proven over the last week or so that his fast start isn't a fluke. He shouldn't be going anywhere when gallo needs to come back.

Santana isn't in danger at all. He's hitting and can play positions all over the field. Guzman is showing signs of life tonight too, not sure who might get chopped if/when everyone returns healthy.

Would have to be one of DeShields/Calhoun/Guzman, barring a trade or further injuries.

MSFC Aggie
AG
"Would have to be one of DeShields/Calhoun/Guzman, barring a trade or further injuries"

If building for the future, the choice is obvious.
DallasAg 94
BALLGAME!
DallasAg 94
Nice post game, with Emily.

Santana's English isn't very good. Emily was going to interview him and Andrus came over. She said he earned the interview, and Andrus said, they were going to do it in Spanish. She said she didn't speak enough Spanish, but give her some more time.

So, Andrus said, "I will translate." So he did.
Grapesoda2525
I know that we probably have less than a 2% chance of winning the AL west, but I was very glad to see that the Astros lost tonight. I'll admit it has been frustrating lately to win, look over and see every team your competing with win night after night after night.

We have so many teams in the mix that we should be able to gain on someone when we win. But it just hasn't been happening lately.
Schall 02
AG
#TEAM
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525 said:

I know that we probably have less than a 2% chance of winning the AL west, but I was very glad to see that the Astros lost tonight. I'll admit it has been frustrating lately to win, look over and see every team your competing with win night after night after night.

We have so many teams in the mix that we should be able to gain on someone when we win. But it just hasn't been happening lately.
It doesn't frustrate me. It is just part of a 162 game season.

We are home, so we need to make the best of it.

We just need to keep winning.
gigem1223
Grapesoda2525 said:

Their thread is gold after losses. So many chicken littles. While it'd be hilarious if the miracle happened, the Stros are too good a ball club to be caught. Just keep winning series, put yourself in position to make a move to pick up a SP and then take your chances in a single game and/ or 7 game series where anything can happen.
DallasAg 94
KT 90 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Santana

Santana isn't in danger at all. He's hitting and can play positions all over the field. Guzman is showing signs of life tonight too, not sure who might get chopped if/when everyone returns healthy.

Would have to be one of DeShields/Calhoun/Guzman, barring a trade or further injuries.
I think it has to be Springs, Brett Martin (24), or Fairbanks (25).

Time for the pitching to be reduced to 12. If we add Palumbo, we'll have 7 SP capable of being going 3+ IP.

Minor: 6 1/3
Lynn: 6 1/3
Sampson: 5 1/3
Jurado: 5 1/3

Pair Palumbo with Miller and Smyly to get 6.0 IP.

That leaves 8 Outs for Minor and Lynn, and 11 Outs for Sampson and Jurado.

Give Palumbo a couple GS to see what he has, before you get a solid SP.

I think we have about a 30% chance of getting the 2nd WC, if we do nothing.
TDub
AG
DeangeloVickers
AG
Dear Joey Gallo

DallasAg 94
Ryno01 said:

Dear Joey Gallo

It just makes sense. I liked to see Odor has started taken those. Not enough for my liking, but it is an improvement.

It will force defenses to play more honest, which will only improve your overall success.

By making the pitcher field that ball all the way into left field, it will also put extra wear-and-tear on the pitcher... which will benefit the hitters after you.
Grapesoda2525
Ranger broadcasts are so much more enjoyable to watch these days ( with the exception of Dave Raymond). I used to buy mlb tv so that I could avoid listening to Jim Knox. That guy was the worst! It was so frustrating and disrespectful that he would talk during the other teams at bats. The reality is that nobody cares about the couple who drove from Alaska to watch ranger games on their honey moon. Big whoop.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'd put that more on the Fox SW production team than Knox. They kept doing those "fan of the game" segments even after Jim Knox got ****canned after 2016, but unless I've just gotten so used to mentally tuning them out, I think they finally stopped this year.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
I didn't mind that stuff because Josh/TAG and then Buzz/TAG made for a great team. There have been times I've muted the tv and listened to music during the game because of how bad Dave Raymond is. Idk what it is about the guy, he just drives me up the wall. Nitkowski is alright, he's a little more into numbers and analytics than I'd like, but that's how the game is seen nowadays, and he is usually spot on with his commentary, so I don't mind it.
Mr Gigem
AG
Michael Young getting his number retired on August 31
Legal Custodian
AG
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I like Dave Raymond and Nitkowski. And, besides him being a rangers legend, I'm really getting tired of Tom Grieve. Raymond keeps dropping a lot of dirty humor in his comments that you have to pick up on (or just listen to the ticket), but him and Nitkowski make a pretty good team as far as I'm concerned. He has a very dry sense of humor which I appreciate.
TDub
AG
ABOUT TIME YOUNG HIS JERSEY RETIRED
DannyDuberstein
AG
I like CJ quite a bit. Brings some insight into types of pitches (including how they grip and throw it), how pitchers like to work, deeper analytics, etc. that no one has ever brought to their broadcasts, and he has a decent sense of humor. I'm still not a fan of Dave R, but I do find him more tolerable than I used to. Definitely prefer him over Busby, but that's a low bar. Also agree that it's past time to fully retire Tom Grieve.
DallasAg 94
The Radio crew is awesome. Nadel is outstanding.

As mentioned, Raymond is better, or more tolerable. I like CJ... I've always like the historical info Grieve brings. He has so much past Rangers knowledge and insight, that having grown up a Rangers fan, it brings to light some experiences, and reminds me of the old days of sucking.

I liked Knox. Especially the post-game stuff. But he was not something I either looked for... or missed.

But then... the broadcasts are always better when the Rangers are doing well.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, stories from the old days are probably the best thing Grieve offers. My issue with him is that he's gotten old enough and away from the inside of the game long enough that he just seems to be kind of a disconnected dinosaur. The contrast between the modern, deeper insight that CJ tries to give probably makes that stand out more. Just comes off as low energy and not all that insightful into the game in front of us.
MooreTrucker
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Ranger broadcasts are so much more enjoyable to watch these days ( with the exception of Dave Raymond). I used to buy mlb tv so that I could avoid listening to Jim Knox. That guy was the worst! It was so frustrating and disrespectful that he would talk during the other teams at bats. The reality is that nobody cares about the couple who drove from Alaska to watch ranger games on their honey moon. Big whoop.
The last "fan in the stands" piece that I remember was the little mini-DeLino that was so cute, and ended with him getting to meet and hang out with DeLino after them game. I don't remember any others.

And I definitely do NOT miss the postgame stuff with the fans and that really loud Dawn woman.
Grapesoda2525
MooreTrucker said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

The last "fan in the stands" piece that I remember was the little mini-DeLino that was so cute, and ended with him getting to meet and hang out with DeLino after them game. I don't remember any others.

And I definitely do NOT miss the postgame stuff with the fans and that really loud Dawn woman.
Dawn woman? I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but I seem to recall a very obnoxious heavy set African American woman who was always "around" during Jim knox's Post game rah rah pep chats. That crap was the worst.

The rangers broadcast is 10X more watchable then it used to be.
MooreTrucker
AG
That's her
Rossko
AG
Is there a way to get the Stranger Things hat for tonight without the theme night ticket? Once again I have tickets from a ticket plan on the same night as a theme night and would have to buy separate tickets to get the goods. Why do they do this??
TXAggie2011
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

It'd have been cheaper to have a little more chill...
gigem1223
Rougie is so so bad. If management had any balls, Calhoun or Santana would go to 2nd once Gallo gets back
Quincey P. Morris
AG
The rookie needs some interview practice.
AggieDPT
AG
Up 3-0. Swings through fastball, bunts foul ball 4, then swings and misses at ball 4
gigem1223
Welp...time to go back to an opener for Sampson?
First Page Last Page
Page 68 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.