*****Offical Texas Rangers 2019 Season Thread*****

468,546 Views | 4725 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
bigcat22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Grapesoda2525
Danny Vermin said:

When I watch games, I follow certain players from the field to the dugout and how they interact with teammates. Odor seems to be a very good teammate who has a special bond with each and every one of them. I hope he turns it around as he really seems like a very good guy .
That's the big problem I see.

Odor seems to be so socially ingrained into the team that everybody is willing to overlook his poor performance because they like the guy. It's unfortunate because he's still a drag on the team no matter how you slice it.
Old Tom Morris
Great to hear if he really is staying clean. Glad they are putting him in this quickly.

I'll also never get over what should have been a The Natural-esque storybook ending to game 6.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
I knew it was bad, but Seattle is 10-24 since their 13-2 start. Good lord that's miserable. We've definitely endured some bad times as Rangers fans but I don't know if I could deal with how bad Seattle has been the last 18 years
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Also I'm really glad Josh got the early nod for the Rangers Hall of Fame. I'll never forget watching that 2008 home run derby with my dad while we were on vacation in Florida. Just one of those memories that will always stick with me.
Danny Vermin
Odor is getting warm.
Front Range Ag
AG
Hopefully this is correct. If so, we can all be happy for him and the team.
Front Range Ag
AG
I realize that Brocail has already been kicked a few times here - and rightfully so - but the graphic just shown indicated that Perez leads the AL in ERA by lefty starters. Good grief.
Old Tom Morris
Twins pitching coach was with U of Arky last year. I've seen reports on cleaning up Martin's arm slot. Brocail was so worthless
Front Range Ag
AG
It's obviously very difficult to bring a pitching prospect up through the system. How outrageously frustrating must it be to have a quality hurler on staff but not have the instructional competency to maintain, much less, improve them.
Front Range Ag
AG
I really dig this recent version of Mike Minor.
KT 90
AG
Willie should be in the lineup tonight. As hot as he is, no excuse to sit two games in a row, both facing rhp's.

KT 90
AG

KT 90
AG
Shelby Miller with a good inning out of the pen. Maybe we can get some decent innings out of him coming out if the bullpen. He wasn't getting it done as a starter.

bigcat22
AG
KT 90 said:

Willie should be in the lineup tonight. As hot as he is, no excuse to sit two games in a row, both facing rhp's.

Not saying I agree but below is the reasoning

bigcat22
AG
Love Joey's confidence here

Grapesoda2525
Danny Vermin said:

Odor is getting warm.
2 of his home runs were off Mike leake who is terrible. 1 was off a royals position player. 1 was off Kennedy with the royals who is a washed up starter. 1 was off mikolas from the cardinals who was throwing the most centered pitches I've ever seen. 1 was off a reliever from the pirates whose ERA is over 10.00

Our whole team hammered all of these guys. The rangers will use it as an excuse to keep him up and say he's doing good, but I also look at the quality of pitcher when a hitter is struggling to try and gauge if he's really breaking out of a slump. Odor has been mainly hitting off scrubs.
KT 90
AG
bigcat22 said:

KT 90 said:

Not saying I agree but below is the reasoning

I saw that tweet after I posted. I look at it this way: we aren't making the playoffs this year, you have a young prospect as hit as he can get, and we sit him two games in a row vs a rhp? Wth... play him and see what we have. He can either earn a spot for next year, or at least increase his trade value if he establishes himself as a mlb hitter.

KT 90
AG
KT 90 said:

Shelby Miller with a good inning out of the pen. Maybe we can get some decent innings out of him coming out if the bullpen. He wasn't getting it done as a starter.

Inning two didnt go nearly as well for Miller. Although Choo didn't do him any favors by butchering a ball in LF

DallasAg 94
KT 90 said:

bigcat22 said:

KT 90 said:

I saw that tweet after I posted. I look at it this way: we aren't making the playoffs this year, you have a young prospect as hit as he can get, and we sit him two games in a row vs a rhp? Wth... play him and see what we have. He can either earn a spot for next year, or at least increase his trade value if he establishes himself as a mlb hitter.
I don't think there is any way Willie isn't at the MLB level, next year.

More short-sighted... we need Choo, Pence, Santana and Forsythe to boost their numbers, increasing their trade value. Ideally... 2, 3... maybe all 4 get traded for prospects.
TXAggie2011
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Odor is under-performing. By the end of the season... Odor will have more GPs and produced more Runs, RBIs, and HRs than both Santana and Forsythe.
He most probably will.

I'm just saying its amazing that its so hard for you to say "Odor is under-performing" that you first thought to write novels about why an OPS 350 points higher than Odor's (in just as many plate appearances) "isn't all that great compared to Odor" or whatever you said...

Like, it's amazing someone is so caught up in Rougned Odor that they can't say "Odor is under-performing but I have faith, and by the way, Logan Forsythe is killing it."
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

KT 90 said:

bigcat22 said:

KT 90 said:

More short-sighted... we need Choo, Pence, Santana and Forsythe to boost their numbers, increasing their trade value. Ideally... 2, 3... maybe all 4 get traded for prospects.
Choo and pence ? Yes trade them if we can get something decent.

Keep the other 2. I don't want to see the team totally gutted. We have the best lineup in the majors.
DallasAg 94
TXAggie2011 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Odor is under-performing. By the end of the season... Odor will have more GPs and produced more Runs, RBIs, and HRs than both Santana and Forsythe.
He most probably will.

I'm just saying its amazing that its so hard for you to say "Odor is under-performing" that you first thought to write novels about why an OPS 350 points higher than Odor's (in just as many plate appearances) "isn't all that great compared to Odor" or whatever you said...

Like, it's amazing someone is so caught up in Rougned Odor that they can't say "Odor is under-performing but I have faith, and by the way, Logan Forsythe is killing it."
So, you thought I believed Odor's .150 BA was a solid performance? You are being obtuse if you thought I was pleased with his performance.

Of course you agree that he will. Even Grape believes he will, and he'll continue to rationalize it by memorizing every HR Odor hits and trying to diminish it's impact.
TXAggie2011
AG
I'm not it's amazing you thought or didn't think Odor was putting on a solid performance.

I'm saying it's amazing how you go about discussing Rougned Odor and his performance.
TXAggie2011
AG
Like, of course you didn't think .150 was a solid batting average.

But it's so hard for you say that and then not argue about guys hitting .300+.

And really, whatever, it's fine. This is a dumb argument even by this thread's standards.
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Keep the other 2. I don't want to see the team totally gutted. We have the best lineup in the majors.
Pence and Forsythe are FAs after the season.

The next couple of weeks will be interesting. We are 2.5 GB in the WC and we are as good as any other middle-of-the-road team, right now.

We have a ton of holes, especially in the rotation. Was the Shelby Miller appearance tonight a final farewell or an attempt to try to lose a game (tongue-in-cheek)?! We need at least 2 legit SPs.

I think the Rangers should go:
Mike Minor
Lance Lynn
LeClerc/Opener- Drew Smyly
Jurado/Adrian Sampson
Phillips Valdez (Currently AAA)

If we can get some success, maybe we stay in the hunt through June. It will be interesting to see who gets Keuchel and Kimbrel.

If we can't find 2 SPs, Santana is the only one worth keeping. I would like for us to keep Santana. I've said it many times, I was really impressed with his post-game interview, in which he said the 1st thing he did when called-up was to think the coaches and staff for giving him this opportunity. He then basically said he'd do whatever the Rangers asked him to do, if it meant he was on the team.

Those are the personal stories I latch to.

I was one of the few Martin Perez supporters for YEARS, defending him. The contract he originally signed with the Rangers was very favorable for the Rangers. Perez' agent had expressed importance to get his family out of Vz and JD offered him a contract earlier than he should have. In the contract was a signing amount which would provide for Perez to get his family out of Vz. I put much of his failure on Brocail, who failed Perez at every turn. Happy for his success and the Rangers had him on the cheap.
DallasAg 94
TXAggie2011 said:

And really, whatever, it's fine. This is a dumb argument even by this thread's standards.
It certainly got dumb.
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Pence and Forsythe are FAs after the season.

The next couple of weeks will be interesting. We are 2.5 GB in the WC and we are as good as any other middle-of-the-road team, right now.

We have a ton of holes, especially in the rotation. Was the Shelby Miller appearance tonight a final farewell or an attempt to try to lose a game (tongue-in-cheek)?! We need at least 2 legit SPs.

I think the Rangers should go:
Mike Minor
Lance Lynn
LeClerc/Opener- Drew Smyly
Jurado/Adrian Sampson
Phillips Valdez (Currently AAA)

If we can get some success, maybe we stay in the hunt through June. It will be interesting to see who gets Keuchel and Kimbrel.

If we can't find 2 SPs, Santana is the only one worth keeping. I would like for us to keep Santana. I've said it many times, I was really impressed with his post-game interview, in which he said the 1st thing he did when called-up was to think the coaches and staff for giving him this opportunity. He then basically said he'd do whatever the Rangers asked him to do, if it meant he was on the team.

Those are the personal stories I latch to.

I was one of the few Martin Perez supporters for YEARS, defending him. The contract he originally signed with the Rangers was very favorable for the Rangers. Perez' agent had expressed importance to get his family out of Vz and JD offered him a contract earlier than he should have. In the contract was a signing amount which would provide for Perez to get his family out of Vz. I put much of his failure on Brocail, who failed Perez at every turn. Happy for his success and the Rangers had him on the cheap.
We shouldn't make trades that hurt the farm. Gotta build it up.

It Would be nice if we could find or acquire a cheap starter who is decent. Gives you 5 innings and 3-4 runs on average. The only thing we can't afford is some spare like Miller going out there and giving up 9 runs in 2 innings.

Our offense is top notch and should be able to keep us in games with most teams.
TXAggie2011
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

It certainly got dumb.
Don't be a jackass; you're not half as funny and insightful as you think you are
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525 said:

It Would be nice if we could find or acquire a cheap starter who is decent. Gives you 5 innings and 3-4 runs on average. The only thing we can't afford is some spare like Miller going out there and giving up 9 runs in 2 innings.

Our offense is top notch and should be able to keep us in games with most teams.
For sure... we can't afford to lose anything on the Farm.

The only decent starter we could acquire, IMO, would likely have a terrible contract. There are a few guys struggling, or injured, overpaid... Seems like an abundance of SPs are injured.

First and foremost, Miller needs to go. He is averaging just over 3 IP/App and more than 1ER/IP. 35 ER in 30.1 IP.

I think we need to find and add a SP from internal.

I'm curious on Phillips Valdez and a handful of others in the minors. I'm not convinced Jurado or Sampson has more than 2X through the order.

Huang, Pedro Payano, heck, give Tim Dillard an appearance. Probably too soon, but worth

There are a dozen, or so guys to take a flyer. I forget the AAA guy that just opted out of his contract last week... think it was a NL team.

I wonder how many teams are in contact with Keuchel. Where he goes will likely eliminate 3-4 teams from each the AL and NL from believing they have a chance. That could further open up some availability.
DallasAg 94
TXAggie2011 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

It certainly got dumb.
Don't be a jackass; you're not half as funny and insightful as you think you are
That wasn't a poke at you, and it wasn't meant to be funny.
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

For sure... we can't afford to lose anything on the Farm.

The only decent starter we could acquire, IMO, would likely have a terrible contract. There are a few guys struggling, or injured, overpaid... Seems like an abundance of SPs are injured.

First and foremost, Miller needs to go. He is averaging just over 3 IP/App and more than 1ER/IP. 35 ER in 30.1 IP.

I think we need to find and add a SP from internal.

I'm curious on Phillips Valdez and a handful of others in the minors. I'm not convinced Jurado or Sampson has more than 2X through the order.

Huang, Pedro Payano, heck, give Tim Dillard an appearance. Probably too soon, but worth

There are a dozen, or so guys to take a flyer. I forget the AAA guy that just opted out of his contract last week... think it was a NL team.

I wonder how many teams are in contact with Keuchel. Where he goes will likely eliminate 3-4 teams from each the AL and NL from believing they have a chance. That could further open up some availability.
I saw an update on volquez recently. I think it said MRI was negative and he is starting to rehab again. It still feels like a return is a long shot, but it's possible.

I don't care if I'm being a selfish jerk about the lineup and the players on it. This ranger team has been the most entertaining since probably 2011. We are putting up runs like crazy.
TXAggie2011
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

It certainly got dumb.
That wasn't a poke at you, and it wasn't meant to be funny.
Its a general comment you've been told before by others. Turn that light bulb off.
Grapesoda2525
Another weird thing I've noticed about odor is it seems like everyone on the team gets offdays except for him.

TheAngelFlight
The smash ball stuff is going to get old, if not just because the number of games that become uninteresting after 3 innings.

First Page Last Page
Page 39 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.