*****Offical Texas Rangers 2019 Season Thread*****

468,782 Views | 4725 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
Mr Gigem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wbt5845 said:

AccidentProne said:

Alvarado Times said:

AccidentProne said:

FYI, if you are a half season ticket holder, we've started booking appointments for selecting your seats in the new ballpark. If your rep hasn't contacted you about it, I would consider contacting them and getting it set up. Appointments will start on the 20th. The sooner you can get out, the better inventory you'll be able to select from.

I get it... its your job... but I cant imagine trying to pimp new stadium tickets... while management trots out this shotshow of a team

I've generated over $2Million in sales so far. It has been wildly successful.

And that'll be over $2.001 MM after we meet in a couple of weeks!
I'm thinking full season, home plate field suite for you. 11 year contract.
KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

You do good work... as a peddler... a sales person... a corporate representative... and an evangelist.

We give you crap, and you take it in stride.

You are still just getting the discount code. No free tickets

DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
Rangers are at 39 Games.

When do we start to see some of the kids, in so much that the Rangers retain service time?

Quote:

According to league rules, an MLB regular season lasts 187 days; if a player spends 172 of those days on a major league roster or injured list, he earns a year of service time.
Specifically, I'm looking at Calhoun. 48 Games... not sure how many days that includes. I suspect his sudden availability is nearing?! .304, 8 HR, .416 OBP.

I'm ready to get some of these trade chips moved...
Rossko
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

KT 90 said:

Tyler Phillips just got moved up to AA. Emanuel Clase moves there recently too. Clase is the one throwing 98-100 as a closer.
Thanks for the heads up.

Looks like Phillips pitched tonight:
5.0 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO

Very serviceable line for a 21 year old debut @ AA.
Don't forget Cole Winn who was recently assigned to Hickory to get his professional career started!
KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Rangers are at 39 Games.

When do we start to see some of the kids, in so much that the Rangers retain service time?

Quote:

According to league rules, an MLB regular season lasts 187 days; if a player spends 172 of those days on a major league roster or injured list, he earns a year of service time.
Specifically, I'm looking at Calhoun. 48 Games... not sure how many days that includes. I suspect his sudden availability is nearing?! .304, 8 HR, .416 OBP.

I'm ready to get some of these trade chips moved...

I've seen a couple of the beat writers and Scott Lucas hint that they are going to need to find a way to make room for Calhoun. He has raised his average quite a bit the past few weeks, and most of those HR's are recent as well. Not sure how they do it though, will be interesting. They could trade Pence while he is hot, but we'd be losing a RH bat and adding yet another LH bat. Need to find a way to move one of the LH bats somehow. We'd have to virtually give Choo away, given that money he is still due.

bigcat22
AG
There just might be a spot open for Calhoun as this morning I read where JD mentioned a demotion to the minors is not out of the question for Odor. Woody also echoed that by saying it's a results oriented league...
Front Range Ag
AG
bigcat22 said:

... a demotion to the minors is not out of the question for Odor. Woody also echoed that...

Thank goodness they're at least considering that. It really does make the most sense. Santana was doing great when he was getting regular opportunities. He can play second and hit from both sides.

I really do understand the desire to work with Odor, but it just doesn't make sense to essentially concede his spot in the lineup each day if Calhoun is out-performing him and there is a competent replacement at second sitting on the bench.
DallasAg 94
Rossko said:

Don't forget Cole Winn who was recently assigned to Hickory to get his professional career started!
Looks like he gets the GS on Thurs.
KT 90
AG
Odor had two hits and a walk last night, they aren't sending him down until he has another multi game hotness streak.

On a side note, Calhoun has been getting occasional reps at 2nd base lately, so it's possible. Who can play short while Elvis is out, just Cabrera? If Cabrera moves to SS, can Odor handle 3B if Calhoun plays 2B?

Of course Forsyth's fits into the equation as well...

DallasAg 94
bigcat22 said:

There just might be a spot open for Calhoun as this morning I read where JD mentioned a demotion to the minors is not out of the question for Odor. Woody also echoed that by saying it's a results oriented league...
On the morning after a 2-3, BB night for Odor.
DallasAg 94
A lot will hinge on the Andrus injury.

Delino has only been down for 4 games and likely not headed back, soon.

Others on the 40?
Position:
Calhoun (OF)
DeShields (OF)
Granite (OF)
Tocci (OF)
Trevino (C)
Wisdom (1B/3B)

We don't have anyone on the 40 (not on the 25), that can play MIF.

Asdrubal and Santana could play SS. Put Andrus on the IL, bring up Wisdom.

I don't see how they send Odor down, without another roster move to the 40. It was dumb to make the hollow threat by JD and Woody. I don't see the point, other than to lose the trust of the player.
bigcat22
AG
Found Woody's exact quote regarding Odor.

Quote:

It's a really tough thing he's going through. I don't know what the future holds, but we'll cross that bridge when and if we feel like we have to. It's a tough one for me, but at some point, if there are no results, you have to make decisions, tough ones, I don't know if we are at that point, but it's something we have to think about, talk about.

And while he had a good game last night, he came into the game in a 6 for 53 slump and had the lowest average (.137) of any player in the majors with at least 100 plate appearances...
MSFC Aggie
AG
Elvis to the IL.....Calhoun called up, and will be DHing tonight
KT 90
AG

Quote:

Texas Rangers transactions: Elvis Andrus has been placed on the injured list with a strained hamstring, and Wei-Chieh Huang has been optioned to AAA Nashville. To take their place on the active roster, the Rangers have recalled outfielder Willie Calhoun and pitcher Jeffrey Springs.
Okay, let's get the easy part out of the way...Huang pitched yesterday, the Rangers need a fresh arm in the pen, and so Springs is back. Shawn Kelley is expected to be activated tomorrow, so Springs' stay in the majors could be brief, or the Rangers could keep him up and do something with one of the other arms when Kelley is officially activated.
The more interesting part...Elvis left yesterday's game with a tight hamstring, though he said afterwards he didn't think it was a major issue. That being said, with the roster situation and it being a hamstring, it was always possible the Rangers would err on the side of caution and put him on the i.l. to make sure he didn't aggravate it and make it worse. No word yet on the severity of the strain.
I thought the most likely move if Elvis went to the i.l. would be to have Delino DeShields come back up. However, instead, it appears that the Rangers are going to give Willie Calhoun a shot.Calhoun received significant praise this spring for being in better shape and generally doing a lot more to earn a roster spot than he did last spring, but ended up getting sent down due to a numbers situation. He has a .304/.416/.557 slash line for Nashville in 32 games this year, and has played well enough that he has reasonably earned a look in the majors.
Calhoun has also been playing a little at second base, his position when he was with the Los Angeles Dodgers, which means that his presence here could put some pressure on both Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara, neither of whom have put up good numbers so far this season. Calhoun is in the lineup today, and we shall see how he responds to playing time.

KT 90
AG
Thank goodness KC is throwing a righty tonight, check out all the LH bats in the lineup:

Choo LF
Calhoun DH
Nomar RF
Gallo CF
Cabrera 3B
Odor 2B
Forsythe SS
Guzman 1B
Mathis C

KT 90
AG

Mr Gigem
AG
KT 90 said:

Thank goodness KC is throwing a righty tonight, check out all the LH bats in the lineup:

Choo LF
Calhoun DH
Nomar RF
Gallo CF
Cabrera 3B
Odor 2B
Forsythe SS
Guzman 1B
Mathis C

Mr Gigem
AG
Calhoun!
powerbelly
AggieDPT
AG
Hope he puts major pressure on getting Odor sent down
bigcat22
AG
Front Range Ag
AG
The tv broadcast feature a box titled "turning point" and recapped Odor's night last night. Who thinks that is a good idea?

The guy is barely hitting 0.150 and they flaunt the first multi-hit night he's had since who knows when.

Predictably, they look stupid when he promptly has one of his trademark terrible at-bats.
KT 90
AG
Guzman with the bomb

_lefraud_
AG
Odor ain't getting sent down. If you don't want to see him in the lineup, he needs to be "injured" or do something that makes management want to trade him.

Neither is likely.
Grapesoda2525
Doorbell said:

The tv broadcast feature a box titled "turning point" and recapped Odor's night last night. Who thinks that is a good idea?

The guy is barely hitting 0.150 and they flaunt the first multi-hit night he's had since who knows when.

Predictably, they look stupid when he promptly has one of his trademark terrible at-bats.
Good lord,

Our broadcast is a bunch of idiots. The big stink went 0 for 5 tonight against a pitcher that lefties have been demolishing all over mlb. Undoubtedly, Odor will be in the lineup tomorrow and have another favorable matchup, but I've been skeptical of the guy for the last 3 years or so.

Odor is a big drag on the team right now. Forsythe, Santana, and possibly even "free" Willy Calhoun can all do better. Not sure about Calhoun, but Santana and Forsythe have played circles around Odor so far this year. It's not even close.
Baby Billy
AG
Can't Calhoun play 2B?
Jimtim1216
S
They moved him to 2B in the last couple of weeks in Nashville. Apparently he started out as a 2B in the Dodger's organization, too.
KT 90
AG
Rangers have an afternoon game today and get to face another RHP, Homer Bailey. So look for them to put out another lefty heavy lineup like we did last night.

KT 90
AG
Jimtim1216 said:

They moved him to 2B in the last couple of weeks in Nashville. Apparently he started out as a 2B in the Dodger's organization, too.

He played there "some" in the last few weeks, but it wasn't a full time move to 2b. It at least gives more options for him: OF, 2B, DH. No idea how well he fields at 2b though, I'm assuming average at best since he got moved to the OF previously with the Dodgers.

Grapesoda2525
Odor definitely deserves to go down to the minors and get time to fix himself. If Calhoun, Mazara, and forsythe all stay hot, things could get interesting when Andrus gets back.
Baby Billy
AG
KT 90 said:

Jimtim1216 said:

He played there "some" in the last few weeks, but it wasn't a full time move to 2b. It at least gives more options for him: OF, 2B, DH. No idea how well he fields at 2b though, I'm assuming average at best since he got moved to the OF previously with the Dodgers.

It can't be worse than Odor.
KT 90
AG
If Emily Jones tweets it, it's has to be ok to post here;

KT 90
AG

alvtimes
so if the longstanding nickname for a low batting average is .200 (mendoza line)...... and Odor continues at his .150 pace..... will the Odor line replace the Mendoza line??????
First Page Last Page
Page 35 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.