*****Offical Texas Rangers 2019 Season Thread*****

466,953 Views | 4725 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
gigem1223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Excited about the start for Gallo. He's been clutch. The bats may make this season more fun than originally thought.
bbattbq01
AG
This must be the latest we've been over .500 in four or five years?
Front Range Ag
AG
Who knows how all of it will feel a few months from now. The offense seems to be a little more patient and that could only help. The pitching needs to settle in but that was to be expected. For now, it's good to take an early series against a good team.

On a note unrelated to the Rangers, Josh Donaldson continues to make poor decisions regarding personal appearance.
bbattbq01
AG
bbattbq01 said:

This must be the latest we've been over .500 in four or five years?

Looked it up... last time we were over .500 was sept 9 2017. Very brief spell before before heading back to 4th place and final record of 78-84.
bbattbq01
AG
First opening series win since 2014.
DallasAg 94
Got invited to the game, at the last minute.

What a great game. Surrounded by Cubs fans. They were actually pretty cool. Many of them said they normally root for the Rangers, except when the Cubs come in town... transplant converts.

They were boisterous, but fun. High Fiving. Then the Rangers went up, and we tried to get them to High-5 and they laughed. Then the Cubs tied it, and they tried to High5 us. We obliged. Then the Rangers won and they High5'ed us. Great game.

The concourse was probably 20 degrees colder than the seats. 3rd Base side was nice and sunny. I will have a sunburned right side of my face, and a pale wintery left side of my face.... so, if you see, I'm "that guy." The 1B side started clearing out around the 5th. As the shade made it's way to us, it became very cold. I can see why those on the 1B side left early.

One thing for sure... these guys look like they are having fun and giving it everything they have. It isn't forced, but relaxed and you just get the sense they could explode at any given time. The pitching needs some work.

As mentioned... Not sure where we will be in a month, but this team is going to be worth watching, not for the Ws, but for the effort.

What an absolutely crazy game. Hamels and Strop... two more former Rangers Pitchers implode.

#DrawingMeIn.
jtstanley4621
AG
Great to send what sounded like a too large amount of Cubs fans that went to the game home with an L on top of a series L.
Baby Billy
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BvuFrBAAk-o
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Was at the game yesterday and it was, in the end, one of the most satisfying Rangers games I have been to in a long time.

Too many Cubs fans, but, as I explained to my 8 year old on the way home, it just shows how great it is to live in Texas. Most of the Cubs fans that I met were transplants. Why the hell dont they still live in the Chicago area? Because Texas is awesome. I'm disappointed that more Texas fans didn't show up but to be fair, NASCAR was in town so quite a few people were likely at the race. Tickets were plentiful, I bought ours Saturday morning and got third row down the LF line on the lower deck.

The game was great. When Delino came up with the bases juiced in the 4th, I expected a great disappointment. The pay off was one of the best feelings I've had at a baseball game in a while. Mazara's triple to tie the game in the 8th was huge. Cabrera's HR off the foul pole was surprising as I thought it was going to end up foul in my lap.

Overall, I think we are going to be a fun team to watch offensively and a frustrating team to watch on the mound.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
This team definitely has the makings to be like the Texiera/Blalock/Soriano teams where every game felt like it was 12-10
Blindside05
AG
PWestAg18 said:

This team definitely has the makings to be like the Texiera/Blalock/Soriano teams where every game felt like it was 12-10

And if we are going to suck, that's how I'd like it to be. At the very least we would be entertaining
Mr Gigem
AG
Of course Springer hits a lead off HR
Baby Billy
AG
Drew Smyly strikes out George Springer on 3 pitches to start the game!

April Fools
gigem1223
Watching Smyly pitch these first two innings has been painful. Averaging 10 pitches per out. He may not even make it through 3.
Mr Gigem
AG
More like Frowny
DallasAg 94
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Overall, I think we are going to be a fun team to watch offensively and a frustrating team to watch on the mound.
You know... I agree offensively they are going to be fun.

But, I don't see the pitching as being frustrating. I was asked about Kyle Bird, by one of the Cubs fans... I had confused him with Kyle Dowdy, and said "I think he is the guy that we picked up during Spring Training, that was released in the offseason and picked up and released by another team before that.

He asked who our good pitchers were, and I said, "Jose LeClerc. That's it. We have one legit MLB pitcher."

When I think about the pitching, I know it is bad, so it makes it easier to stomach. Would I rather have Darvish or Hamels, each making $20M and get blasted? Or Drew Smyly or hasn't pitched in like 3 years, making $8M, get blased? And an $8M we took, in order for the Cubbies to exercise Hamels' option for $20M.

I have no delusions our pitching is going to be effective, so any game they can keep us in, is like a Win.
DallasAg 94
gigem1223 said:

Watching Smyly pitch these first two innings has been painful. Averaging 10 pitches per out. He may not even make it through 3.
This is that "Opener" role, we've heard about.
DallasAg 94
Kyle Bird optioned. First of many moves that will be required this week.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Attendance is really light.
Mr Gigem
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

Attendance is really light.

It's Monday night against a team tied for last place
aggietony2010
AG
The midget is angry. Time to toss him.
bert harbinson
AG
Altuve *****ing about the most inarguable called third strike ever.
Mr Gigem
AG
I would sit Choo for the rest of the game after that. If he hustles down the line as soon as he hits that ball, he's safe by a mile. Poor effort
gigem1223
Really could care less to see Forsythe at 1B again, unless Guzman needs a day off. Guzman is a good young player and needs everyday at bats, even if it's against a lefty.
gigem1223
Elvis's approach tonight has been terrible. Swinging at every pitch. Far from what it has been of late.
gigem1223
Astros *****ing about called strikes being actual strikes. Their fan base is rubbing off on them.
KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Kyle Bird optioned. First of many moves that will be required this week.

He'll be back soon. We are going to kill our bullpen this year. None of the retread starting pitchers seem to be capable of going 5 decent innings. Going to be a lot of tired arms in the bullpen.
Fenrir
Or vice versa. This iteration of the Astros have been whiny little *****es longer than most atsros gear currently in circulation.
gigem1223
I wanna talk ta Sampson!
DannyDuberstein
AG
Old man yelling at clouds, but it drives me crazy to pass up what should be a free baserunner to start an inning
Cappo
AG
Lots of crying tonight by Astros bats
gigem1223
Well the disciplined plate approach of seeing more pitches lasted all but one series....
Cappo
AG

Buford T. Justice
AG
I'm missing something apparently.
The season just started, and the game is versus the Astros. I realize that it's cold, but this is substantiating my belief that the new ballpark should have a max capacity of 35,000.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Cold and a school night. Comes with the territory in weekday games. Dropping from the current 49k to the planned 41k should be about right.
First Page Last Page
Page 5 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.