***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,895,859 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Views of the ballpark changing each time is brilliant
Bonfired
AG
AggiEE said:

Views of the ballpark changing each time is brilliant

I'm pretending he's looking west toward Coors Field and thinking "da fuq?"
maca1028
Beat40 said:

spadilly said:

This is my favorite gag of the season so far.

Agreed...this is the only thing I like about off days.
bearkatag15
AG
Quote:

Houston Astros optioned LHP Reymin Guduan to Round Rock Express.

Here is the move on the 25 man roster for Urquidy
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Farmer1906
AG

Quote:

The 2019-20 international signing period kicks off this morning, meaning that from now until next June 15, teams are officially able to begin signing amateur talents from countries outside of the United States and Canada. Prospects aged 16 and up (assuming they turn 16 by Sept. 1 of the current period) are eligible to sign minor league contracts with teams for signing bonuses that fall within the constraints of a league-allotted bonus pool.

• The Cardinals, Diamondbacks, Indians, Orioles, Padres, Pirates, Rockies, and Royals have the highest availability at $6,481,200.
  • The Athletics, Brewers, Marlins, Rays, Reds, and Twins are next at $5,939,800.
  • A dozen teams (Angels, Astros, Blue Jays, Cubs, Giants, Mariners, Mets, Rangers, Red Sox, Tigers, White Sox, Yankees) can spend $5,398,300.
  • The Dodgers and Phillies are capped at $4,821,400, while the Nationals are limited to $4,321,400.

Fangraphs top 40 prospects

MLB top 30

Deluxe
AG
Nice. Weren't we DQ'd from signing anyone during the last cycle because we overspent in 2017-18?
Mr.Bond
AG
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Wonder who is gonna fall victim to the 40 man move? I think Deetz or AJ Reed are getting real close to being gone.
Ag_07
AG
From mlbtr

Quote:

While Boyd could make a long-term impact for the Astros, they could also use a complement now to slot in with Verlander and Cole atop their rotation. Boyd arguably didn't look up to the task in June when he allowed 19 earned runs and 10 homers in a five-start, 29-inning stretch. He still put up 41 strikeouts against five walks during that span, though, and boasts a more-than-respectable 3.72 ERA/3.57 FIP through 101 2/3 frames this season. Furthermore, with a stunning 11.42 K/9 against 1.77 BB/9, Boyd's K/BB ratio ranks fifth among starters.

The Tigers are within reason to want a prospect-driven haul for Boyd, and the Astros just may be the ones who give it to them sometime this month. However, if Detroit's dead set on getting Tucker as part of a Boyd package, it appears the club will have to look elsewhere.

Good to hear. Don't think Boyd is worth a Tucker headlined deal
bearkatag15
AG

In a heartbeat...
n_touch
Better do it before they find out about his elbow "discomfort"
Ag_07
AG
Done.

Hell for that I'll give them White and Kemp too.
Mathguy64
AG
Are the Mets that stupid?
bearkatag15
AG
I hope so. The MLB network guy that made this deal up probably doesn't realize Martin is hurt for the rest of the year more than likely.
Harry Dunne
Ag_07 said:

Done.

Hell for that I'll give them White and Kemp too.
Great trade. Do it.

Might as well give them Kemp & white too because we wouldn't have room to keep them anyway. Maybe they have a decent reliever they can throw in there.
gougler08
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I hope so. The MLB network guy that made this deal up probably doesn't realize Martin is hurt for the rest of the year more than likely.
Do the Mets care if Martin is hurt for the rest of the year assuming this is for a rebuild?
Ag_07
AG
No and worse case scenario he sits out a year for TJ and comes back.

I don't think elbow injuries are as a big deal as they were even just a couple years ago.
bearkatag15
AG
Ag_07
AG
FWIW the guy that threw this out there is just a TV personality. He's not an insider or analyst or anything.
Wabs
AG
Would love to somehow get Scherzer, but the Stros would have to give up ALOT....
n_touch
Is that measured by talent or weight?
Wabs
AG
n_touch said:

Is that measured by talent or weight?
I wish it was by weight...
Kashchei
AG
bearkatag15 said:

In a heartbeat...

I was thinking that was real until I saw "hypothetical". Damn.
Farmer1906
AG
He's got another 2 years of control after this year. It would be hard to say no.
bearkatag15
AG
17 Above Average Hitters Who Could Be Available This Month

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/07/17-above-average-hitters-who-could-be-available-this-month.html

Quote:

First Basemen/Designated Hitters
  • Jose Abreu, White Sox (.351 projected wOBA) As a player about to hit free agency on a non-contending team, you'd think Abreu would be a prime candidate to be traded by the White Sox. However, interest is mutual in keeping the 32-year-old in Chicago, and that seems the most likely outcome.
  • Brandon Belt, Giants (.347) Though underpowered for his position, Belt gets on base and can still help an offense. The obstacle to a trade is his contract, which still has more than $37MM remaining through 2021. He also has a limited no-trade clause that allows him to block deals to ten teams.
  • Justin Smoak, Blue Jays (.347) Smoak is best utilized in a platoon, since he doesn't hit well against left-handed pitching. He'll have less than $3MM left on his contract at the trade deadline and is a strong candidate to be traded.
  • Miguel Cabrera, Tigers (.345) Cabrera's power hasn't shown up this season, and he'll require a DH spot. But the real impediment is the $142MM owed to him through 2023, plus a full no-trade clause. It seems impossible the Tigers could find a way to unload that contract, even if an accomplished veteran hitter like Cabrera could help a contender.
Outfielders
  • Yasiel Puig, Reds (.348) As rough as Puig's year has been, from May 3rd onward he's hitting .275/.335/.534 in 194 plate appearances. A case could be made that he's the best hitter available this month, though with playoff odds of 6.9%, the Reds might hang around just enough to prevent a Puig trade. He's a free agent after the season.
  • Michael Conforto, Mets (.347) The Mets have similar playoff odds to the Reds, and may be reluctant to punt on their season unless that changes. Even then, trading the 26-year-old Conforto with two years of control remaining seems unlikely.
  • Nicholas Castellanos, Tigers (.344) A free agent after the season, Castellanos is very likely to be traded this month. At the deadline he'll have about $3.3MM left on his contract. Castellanos continues to struggle defensively, but he's clearly an above-average hitter.
  • Trey Mancini, Orioles (.334) Mancini, 27, is having what appears to be a breakout year and probably should have represented the Orioles at the All-Star Game. He's controlled through 2022, so the Orioles should be in no rush to trade him if the offers aren't impressive. But teams seeking a controllable corner outfielder/first baseman will certainly be calling on Mancini.
  • Jorge Soler, Royals (.333) Perhaps the most remarkable stat about the oft-injured Soler is that he's played in every single Royals game this year. A healthy amount of time at DH plays a part in that. Soler could wind up with 40 home runs if he stays healthy, though he's not hitting for average or drawing walks this year. He still brings undeniable right-handed power, and he's controlled through 2021.
  • Starling Marte, Pirates (.333) Since returning from a collision-related injury on April 30th, Marte is hitting .295/.340/.485 in 257 plate appearances. He's also the only player here who profiles as a regular in center field. Marte can be controlled affordably through 2021. However, the Pirates don't seem inclinedto give up on their season, so Marte and the rest of their outfielders will probably stay put.
  • Mitch Haniger, Mariners (.329) Haniger, recovering from a ruptured testicle, is not expected back until after the All-Star break. The Mariners control him through 2022 and seem unlikely to rush him back in late July to make such a crucial trade.
  • Domingo Santana, Mariners (.327) Santana has two years of control remaining, and the Mariners will likely prefer to keep him in their outfield with Haniger as they try to contend in the near future. But with Jerry Dipoto at the helm, I had to list Santana here.
  • Corey Dickerson, Pirates (.323)
  • Melky Cabrera, Pirates (.321)
Infielders
  • Derek Dietrich, Reds (.329) As with Puig, the Reds may be close enough to contention (and the offers unimpressive enough) that they ride with the players they have rather than execute a sell-off. But with Scooter Gennett back, the Reds could at least consider trading him or Dietrich this month.
  • Tommy La Stella, Angels (.321) The Angels' surprising All-Star is under team control only through next year, and the club's playoff odds sit at 2.2%. Given that La Stella only just hit his way out of bench duty with a stellar half-season, the Halos would likely have a hard time cashing him in for notable prospects.
  • Wilson Ramos, Mets (.321) If you're seeking an offensive-minded catcher, Ramos is your guy. The Mets could try to unload the $13.5MM still left on his contract, though they'd have to hand over the reins to Tomas Nido full-time at least for the rest of the season.

Ag_07
AG
I don't think that's enough for NY.

But how far would you go? Say they don't want Corbin because of the elbow scare. Would you be ok giving Tucker, Baukauskas (sp?), and Fisher?

I would. Hell...I'd give a hell of a lot for that combo.
bearkatag15
AG

Bye AJ Reed
Mathguy64
AG
He clearly misspelled "Tyler White"
EastCoastAgNc
AG
I'm shocked it took this long for him to be dfa'd. He hasn't contributed ever.
dshedd41
S

Gig’em Aggies!
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Basically he gone
Mathguy64
AG
With that slash line in the PCL? He should be.
bearkatag15
AG

Awesome timing.
Ag_07
AG
I just glanced at the schedule.

How in the hell are we not playing baseball on the 4th of July?
First Page Last Page
Page 493 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.