***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,020 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Agnzona
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trading prospects? At some point some Tripple A guys are going to need to be sold off. Either we sour a bit on a few or we just don't see them having a spot to play with the current team makeup. Either way you want to trade them while their value is high.
This front office seems to always make the right moves. With that in mind who are a few that might be shipped out by the trade deadline?
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
agsquirrel97
AG
Going into Oakland for a quick 2 game series, 1/2 game back of the Mariners for the division lead, 1 game back of the Rays for the League lead, and 2.5 games in front of the A's.

Better bring the bats!

In absentia lucis, Tenebrae vin****.
. . .
Farmer1906 said:

DVC2010
AG
I'm not happy the guy broke his toe, but I'm remembering Keuchel's sleeping injury, and I'm just glad that nonsense doesn't only happen to us.
redline248
AG
That sounds painful.
shano0603
AG
Agnzona said:

Trading prospects? At some point some Tripple A guys are going to need to be sold off. Either we sour a bit on a few or we just don't see them having a spot to play with the current team makeup. Either way you want to trade them while their value is high.
This front office seems to always make the right moves. With that in mind who are a few that might be shipped out by the trade deadline?

I somewhat agree. We have Alvarez, Tucker, Straw and Fisher all AAA right now. As well as Seth Beer coming along. At some point you've gotta do something.
Marvin
AG
I'm not advocating for this, but I wonder what is Marisnick's trade value? Maybe not a lot individually but you'd think something worthwhile if paired with a prospect like Alvarez or Buskauskas. Would that net a solid upgrade at DH?

(WAR and other silly numbers aside, that is... lol)
Ag_07
AG
I'll take Jake with our rotation at DH over a legit DH.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
astros4545 said:

What is the franchise win streak record again?

11 or 12?

Oh what the hell man.

We lose tonight and Bregman tears his bicep.
Marvin
AG
Ag_07 said:

I'll take Jake with our rotation at DH over a legit DH.

And I might agree with you, but my question related to what would the comparison look like? What type of player would that combo be worth, as an example?

Jake saves runs and has even hit some so far. I don't expect it to continue but even a .240 average would be great. I'm more curious as to what that combo equates to strictly in offensive production in terms of a DH. Maybe nothing of better value, but maybe so...
Marvin
AG
I only brought that scenario up because somebody has to go if Luhnow makes a trade this year, right? Kemp, White and Marisnick would each have to clear waivers and accept a demotion... maybe I'm wrong on that.
jkag89
EastCoastAgNc said:

astros4545 said:

11 or 12?

Why is tempting the arbitrary and vindictive baseball gods still not a reason to flag a post on TexAgs?
Harry Dunne
astros4545 said:

11 or 12?
Nice.

Were you the guy that asked what the consecutive games HR streak was a few days ago?

. . .
Ag_07
AG
Harry Dunne said:

astros4545 said:

11 or 12?
Nice.

Were you the guy that asked what the consecutive games HR streak was a few days ago?

Or the one who asked if anyone had ever swept an ALDS and an ALCS?
MosesHallRAB04
AG
. . . said:

Farmer1906 said:

Shades of Jeff Kent hurting himself while washing his truck.

And to go further back Ken Caminiti had a DL stint for a back injury. He got piss drunk, possibly high on coke, and fell out of a deer stand.
Farmer1906
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

. . . said:

Farmer1906 said:

Shades of Jeff Kent hurting himself while washing his truck.

And to go further back Ken Caminiti had a DL stint for a back injury. He got piss drunk, possibly high on coke, and fell out of a deer stand.

The Kent story was a lie.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
It was something dumb though wasn't it? Maybe I missed the part about it being a lie
Harry Dunne
IIRC 4-wheeler or dirt bike and he lied because those things were listed specifically in his contract as things he was not allowed to do.
Eso si, Que es
Marvin said:

I'm not advocating for this, but I wonder what is Marisnick's trade value? Maybe not a lot individually but you'd think something worthwhile if paired with a prospect like Alvarez or Buskauskas. Would that net a solid upgrade at DH?

Jake is #2 on team right now in wRC+ at 165. He BB% above 10%. I would prefer Reddick to be shopped around before Jake.

But to answer your question, yes, I think we get more than a rental DH for Jake + prospect.

With a great DH, I think Jake is a solid everyday starter in this lineup. He can be the 9 hole between Chrinos and Springer. Can he continue to be patient at the plate is the question? He is still striking out 24% and that needs to improve.
txagbq2009
AG
Didn't Moises Alou get hurt jumping out of a window because he was stepping out on his wife, or he was with some girl and her husband came home? I seem to remember them talking about something like that when I was a kid. Maybe I'm imagining it
B-Company 2009
Ag_07
AG
We could on for days.

Hunter Pence fell through a closed glass door.
Bonfired
AG
Kaz Matsui

Anal fissure

That is the only thing I'll ever remember about his stint in Houston.
cap-n-jack
Ag_07 said:

Harry Dunne said:

astros4545 said:

11 or 12?
Nice.

Or the one who asked if anyone had ever swept an ALDS and an ALCS?

Or the worst. The dude who talks about a 0-0-0 line score before it's over.
Post removed:
by user
Marvin
AG
Dumbest injury I ever heard- Steve Sparks dislocating his shoulder trying to rip a phone book in half.

The anal fissure some years back was a new one...
Deluxe
AG
Bonfired said:

Kaz Matsui

Anal fissure

That is the only thing I'll ever remember about his stint in Houston.

I remember that Ed Wade gave him a 3 year/$16.5 million deal
. . .
Farmer1906
AG
He was trying to do tricks on his motorcycle.
Marvin
AG
Watching the Twins on MLB. Marwin is batting .167 so far, which is still higher than Castro's .143. It's early but woof for the former Astros.
Farmer1906
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

Marvin said:

Jake is #2 on team right now in wRC+ at 165. He BB% above 10%. I would prefer Reddick to be shopped around before Jake.

But to answer your question, yes, I think we get more than a rental DH for Jake + prospect.

With a great DH, I think Jake is a solid everyday starter in this lineup. He can be the 9 hole between Chrinos and Springer. Can he continue to be patient at the plate is the question? He is still striking out 24% and that needs to improve.

I don't think Jake or Reddick are going to get you much in a trade. It's all about the prospect. Let's tap the brakes on Jake. We're looking at 26 ABs. He's done this before. The start of 2017 he had a 974 OPS for the first month. The rest of the year (before injury) he had a 795 OPS which is still solid. But then 2018 happened where he was flat out terrible. Over 7 years Jake has had 1500+ PA. He is what he is.
Agnzona
Jake is more valuable to us than he is as trade bait IMHO.
Deluxe
AG
For those not sold on Jake, just remember that JD Martinez was a 700 ops player in 1000 ABs before we gave up on him. Which means that Jake will soon be an MVP caliber offensive force. If you want to trade an an MVP caliber offensive force who also plays gold glove defense, that's just dumb.
Farmer1906
AG
I agree because he fills a role and has almost no trade value.
Agnzona
Its also a very valuable roll for a team with deep playoff expectations.
First Page Last Page
Page 98 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.