***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,909 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:

That house is pretty sick... pretty ****ty for ABC13 to put their address on blast
Did you see the pics of it on HAR? Ho-lee-chit! That place is amazing!
redline248
AG
Side bar: how does Jomboy get the field audio? Does he filter out the broadcast and ambient noise on his own?
Ags #1
AG
Did the tweet post the actual address? That pretty messed up if so
Bregxit
AG
Ags #1 said:

No but it wasn't hard to find in the listings.
bearkatag15
AG
Ags #1 said:

The video in the article had the address in it
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Bregxit
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Ags #1 said:

The video in the article had the address in it
That's not cool. At the same time, anyone can find the address on the appraisal district's site for pretty much anyone.
astros4545
AG
TREX01
Yuli is playing his way into MVP consideration. He's gonna end up with 115 RBI and 30 Homers with a top 8 BA
bigjag19
AG
He's listed on HCAD so...
AgDoc03
AG
bearkatag15 said:

That house is pretty sick... pretty ****ty for ABC13 to put their address on blast

Did I miss the backstory on this? What happened?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JABQ04
AG
I had heard he bought a house in my hometown. I'm surprised we don't have a bill hoard saying Josh Reddick lives here.
tremble
AG
This is great haha, JV has some total dad anger going on here.
Farmer1906
AG
30-115 is great but not as good as 50-125. Plus Trout plays a better OF than Yuli does at first.
BMX Bandit
There was a story in the Chronicle about a huge house in Crosby that was for sale, link to HAR.com

Update to story was that Reddick bought it. It's been taken down now.
jkag89
Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

This got my vote. Apparently, not many agree.

This was the turning point in that WS to me as well.

All we heard about was how no one could score on the Dodger bullpen and how Kinley was unhittable. Marwin goes out there, ties the game up, and our confidence goes through the roof. Proceed to hit back to back HRs and the final knock out HR in that game after that. Think Marwin's HR also gave us confidence to hit Kinley too in that series. Such a huge HR.

It also has my favorite moment of that postseason with Marwin point to the Houston Strong patch after crossing home plate. That was just a magical moment.
Game 2 gets lost because of Game 5, however Marwin's HR is probably the linchpin moment of the Series.
Ag_07
AG
So after a great first half CFM has started to fall back down to earth.

His ERA over the last 2 months is over 4. His ERA over his 5 starts in August is over 4.5.
Frok
AG
jkag89 said:

Beat40 said:

Farmer1906 said:

This got my vote. Apparently, not many agree.

This was the turning point in that WS to me as well.

All we heard about was how no one could score on the Dodger bullpen and how Kinley was unhittable. Marwin goes out there, ties the game up, and our confidence goes through the roof. Proceed to hit back to back HRs and the final knock out HR in that game after that. Think Marwin's HR also gave us confidence to hit Kinley too in that series. Such a huge HR.

It also has my favorite moment of that postseason with Marwin point to the Houston Strong patch after crossing home plate. That was just a magical moment.
Game 2 gets lost because of Game 5, however Marwin's HR is probably the linchpin moment of the Series.

There were so many huge clutch moments in that world series but none of it happens without this first home run.
The Milkman
AG
Ag_07 said:

So after a great first half CFM has started to fall back down to earth.

His ERA over the last 2 months is over 4. His ERA over his 5 starts in August is over 4.5.

And his ERA the last day is 13.5
n_touch
Had a falloff last year and velocity issues towards the end of the year. Wondering if that is happening again.
Prosperdick
AG
n_touch said:

Had a falloff last year and velocity issues towards the end of the year. Wondering if that is happening again.
His velocity looked fine and his curve was still pretty nasty, especially to Bregman on a couple of at bats but he let that one inning snowball on him and grooved a fb to Chrinos.

I bet he ends up just fine but will be interesting to monitor down the stretch.
Anonymous Source
S
rausr said:

astros4545 said:

Victory dance!
Is that Julia in the gray shirt and black shorts?
Yowza
Thicker than what she looks like on TV, and I got no problem with that.
Gig 'Em
Harry Dunne
n_touch said:

Could be. We remember his 2017 WS heroics, but he had the rough ALDS start in Fenway in which he gave up 7 hits in 4 innings and was lucky to limit the damage, then he got rocked a week later @ NYY. Was awesome at home in game 7 and obviously in both WS appearances, but by the time he got to ALCS g7 he had only thrown 155 pitches over 2 appearances over 3 weeks so he was very well rested.

He also had 6+ weeks off in the middle of 2017 (lat strain?).

Last year he had 30 GS for the first time in his career and he faded towards the end. Pitch count went way down and ERA went up from August on and then his lone postseason appearance was bad.

Looking at his splits on BR, over his career he is substantially better in starts with each extra day of rest that he gets and he is significantly better with 6+ days of rest. As opposed to JV and Miley, who are better with exactly 4 days or Cole, who is significantly better with exactly 4 days (1 point+ of ERA) than 5 days and so on. I didn't look anyone else up, but I would guess that most starting pitchers are better when they are "on schedule". Morton pretty clearly benefits from rest more than other guys.

Too bad TB doesn't have the luxury of resting him right now.
zgood10
AG
tremble said:

This is great haha, JV has some total dad anger going on here.
I ain't mad at you son, just disappointed
Deluxe
AG
n_touch said:

I think that's a big part of why we didn't pay him. He made one start against Boston in the ALCS and gave up 3 runs in 2.1, and Hinch had to get him out because he didn't have his stuff.
bearkatag15
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
jetch17
Deluxe
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Perfect timing. Just as Reddick's bat is catching fire.
zgood10
AG
TED time
redline248
AG
Speaking of Reddick
sts7049
AG
that's a heck of a house. money goes a long way out there
Frok
AG
It's amazing what weird things can sometimes help.

Like Yuli using BOTH eyes.
n_touch
Maybe it was the stress of house hunting that was causing problems. He closed and can relax now. You know a new mortgage and how are you gonna afford it can be a worrisome time.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Mathguy64
AG
I saw the crazy naked dude on the news this morning and they reported he had killed three people but they had not reported the connection to the Rays. They were macing and tazing him to no effect.

That is just awful.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Quote:

"As the play was developing, I kind of told him I thought it was a strike, he told me he throught it was a ball," Verlander said. "We kind of went back and forth for just a little bit. I turned my back and expressed one more time that I didn't think it was outside. I probably could have had better language when I said that. But I'm turning my back to the situation, and I'm just trying to vent at this point. I never called (Hoberg) a name. I never said anything egregious toward him. I just expressed my displeasure with the call on the field. Unfortunately, he made the decision to (eject) me. I don't think it was the right call, personally. ... Maybe a little bit of an overreaction on both sides."

Although Verlander took part of the blame for the situation, he didn't think Hoberg handled his end properly.

"I understand these guys are humans too; they're back there doing their best job, but I think they're taught along the way to try to not escalate the situation, to de-escalate the situation," Verlander said. "Clearly, I was just venting my last little piece and turned my back. I didn't even know he had ejected me. I think everyone could have handled the situation a little bit better. I think those guys are supposed to be mediators in stuff like that and he was not."
Verlander after the ejection.
First Page Last Page
Page 944 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.