***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,864 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
JABQ04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:

The breakdown of the ejections from the other night..

I was waiting for this one.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
How many games would you get for flipping the hat off the ump? I'd pay see one of those jackholes disrespected like that.
. . .
bearkatag15
AG
Brady Rodgers DFA'd
Mr.Ackar07
It looks like Verlander may have 6 starts left this year and still have enough time off to start the first playoff game. He only needs 55 strike outs to reach 3,000 for his career.
gambochaman
AG
So all of the sudden in like 2 weeks injuries pile up
Cole
Correa
Diaz
Pressly
Sanchez

Gdit
maca1028
That Pressly news sucks. No surprises on Correa. He's great when he plays but i wouldn't even entertain a signing him to something long term.
Bregxit
AG
Too bad I didn't have time to read the thread earlier...had lunch two tables over from Jim Crane today at Blue Fish in The Woodlands. I could have passed along everyone's concerns to him!
redline248
AG
Rookie. You're supposed to know them by heart and be ready to deliver when the opportunity arises.
Bregxit
AG
redline248 said:

Rookie. You're supposed to know them by heart and be ready to deliver when the opportunity arises.

I did think about trying to ask him what the real scoop was on Correa's rib but since he got us a WS win I left him alone. Unlike the time my MGMT 306 class let loose on Drayton after his bull**** "walk with elephants" talk.
Ag13
AG
Man I'm still pretty peeved about last night
redline248
AG
dlance said:

redline248 said:

I did think about trying to ask him what the real scoop was on Correa's rib but since he got us a WS win I left him alone. Unlike the time my MGMT 306 class let loose on Drayton after his bull**** "walk with elephants" talk.

Top 5 topics:
Correa rib injury/long term plans
Tucker call up
Signing Cole
Developing minor league pitchers
Why keep White so long
Cen-Tex
AG
Ag13 said:

Man I'm still pretty peeved about last night
Me too. I hope everyone in last night's lineup apologized to Verlander
CFTXAG10
AG
dlance said:

redline248 said:

Obviously it was a jet ski related accident....

W
AG
these injuries are another reason why you play to win every game. Because you never know when the injuries are going to hit. Cannot get back the games that were lost because of resting players
Ag_07
AG
I think if we played to win every game we'd be broken down and beat to shlt way before August
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
dlance said:

redline248 said:

Years ago I got to go with my then-boss to a luncheon when Dom Capers was coaching the Texans. There was a Q&A which, before it started my boss said, "Please don't ask him anything stupid."
I said: "Like what?"
He said: "Anything you would normally say."
CFTXAG10
AG
CoachRTM
AG
Hinch had to go buy a blue pen.
bearkatag15
AG
Love having a switch hitter in the lineup. Hope he rakes tonight
Marvin
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Let's open up a can of bat bustin' tonight and get guys rolling again. And if the Tigers come out bunting to test Cole's hammy I might throw something at my TV.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Fastball to the shoulder blades fixes that
Deluxe
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Looks like our playoff lineup, except with Tucker in right instead of Reddick
bearkatag15
AG
Some timelines on Diaz and Correa mentioned in an article on the Athletic:

Quote:

Luhnow said on Thursday that Toro's promotion isn't indicative of a change in Correa's status and more so just an attempt to improve their lineup. Correa, who went on the IL on Tuesday night, is still expected to return in the first half of September.

"He's still going through evaluation and we'll know more in the coming days," Luhnow said of Correa. "But the calendar that is in my mind is that he's playing in rehab games the first week of September and then is able to spend three full weeks with the big league club prior to the end of the season. That's my best guess, an estimate at this point. A lot depends on how he responds to treatment over the next few days and how he's feeling."

Daz, the Astros utility infielder, will return ahead of Correa. He's on pace to come back next week; Tuesday is the first day he's eligible to be activated from the injured list.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I find it hard to believe one day of rest makes any difference in injuries. I think thats more a mental break.
. . .
dshedd41
S
https://theathletic.com/1155785/2019/08/22/with-at-bats-available-the-astros-want-to-see-what-they-have-in-abraham-toro/
Gig’em Aggies!
McInnis
AG
I'm still bummed about last night too. And making the 3rd out at third base for the last out of the game is really inexcusable. But was that on Chirinos? Does anyone know if Pettit was waiving him? There's no way the runner should be looking back to right field while he's rounding 2nd and making that decision on his own.
n_touch
Username does not check out
McInnis
AG
Quote:

Username does not check out.
Hey you made me laugh, but it does check out!!
Beat40
Safe at Home said:

Quote:

Username does not check out.
Hey you made me laugh, but it does check out!!
This is true. It's not like your user name is Out at Third.
mwm
I have an appetite for a good butt-kicking of the tigers tonight.
agsquirrel97
AG
Safe at Home said:

I'm still bummed about last night too. And making the 3rd out at third base for the last out of the game is really inexcusable. But was that on Chirinos? Does anyone know if Pettit was waiving him? There's no way the runner should be looking back to right field while he's rounding 2nd and making that decision on his own.
Rounding 2nd is left up to the base runner at professional level of play.
Ag_07
AG
That's on Robinson

He said last night Pettis was stopping him but he had his head down and didn't pick him up.

To his credit he manned up and said it was on him for making the fundamental mistake of not looking up and finding the 3B coach.

For guys like Altuve and Jake who have the speed that decision is on them but for guys who are questionable on the bases they should absolutely be looking at the 3B coach. He wasn't and he owned it.
BQ91
First Page Last Page
Page 911 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.