***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,283 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Harry Dunne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Frok said:

Harry Dunne said:

That's great news! He tore it up spring training but I figured starting the year at AA we wouldn't see him until September 2020.

Interesting that he also played some catcher in the minors.

Ugh. Not gonna lie, getting tired of seeing call ups that aren't Tucker.

Yeah you probably said that when they called up Yordan too. Go take a look at the guy's numbers this season. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.
Marvin
AG
astros4545 said:

So someone Hs to get cut from the 40 man right?

Dean Deetz
Reymin Guduan
Brady Rogers

Those have to be the likely cast offs right?

But even if the IL shuffle does not happen, do you really expect any of the guys listed above to be a difference maker at any point for the Astros? Don't want to lose a player for nothing, but their value to the existing active roster is zero.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
bearkatag15
AG
I hope Toro smashes immediately because I take this as a sign that Correa is going to be hurt awhile. Probably out for the majority of the playoffs. We may never see him in an Astros jersey again.
Ag_07
AG
Guessing they cut ties with Jack Mayfield

That'd make room on the 40 and 25 man rosters
Frok
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Frok said:

Harry Dunne said:

That's great news! He tore it up spring training but I figured starting the year at AA we wouldn't see him until September 2020.

Yeah you probably said that when they called up Yordan too. Go take a look at the guy's numbers this season. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

I did not. I was a very big "call up Yordan now" advocate.

I hope the guy does well. I honestly know nothing about him other than he hasn't even played much at AAA yet. Which in my mind means it's not likely he is a contributor yet.

Marvin
AG
Ag_07 said:

I'd hate that. Need to check his numbers, but he's hit into some bad luck... maybe the data doesn't prove that out, though.
Mathguy64
AG
Super Jack:

16 G, 54 PA
.132/.148/.286. A HR and 5 2B in 7 hits.

His ISO is .151 and his BABIP is .154. He isn't walking at all. A grand total of 1 BB. But he wasn't walking much in the minors; his walk rate is 6-8%. Striking out at 24% and his minors rate is 16-18%. His pull% is 57% but his soft contact rate is only 15%. Maybe a bit of bad luck with his BABIP as low as it is. When he gets a hit it seems to be solid contact.

I would hate to give up on him after 54 PA. But he's been in AAA for part of 4 years too.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Marvin said:

Ag_07 said:

I'd hate that. Need to check his numbers, but he's hit into some bad luck... maybe the data doesn't prove that out, though.
I doubt they cut Super-Jack. I think given his failures in the majors and his recent disciplinary actions, Guduan is most likely to be thrown overboard.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
If the Astros brought up Tucker and gave away Reddick free to a good home, the number of posts in this thread would drop by 80%.
Silent For Too Long
MuckRaker96 said:

If the Astros brought up Tucker and gave away Reddick free to a good home, the number of posts in this thread would drop by 80%.
No. Not on Texags.

We will just zero in on the next least productive person in the order and the next promising minor leaguer and all the posts will be about them instead.
Frok
AG
And you two would be posting about the posters and not the team
. . .
dshedd14 said:

Astros bar Detroit writer from clubhouse after Justin Verlander loses to Tigers:
http://sports.yahoo.com/astros-bar-detroit-writer-from-clubhouse-after-justin-verlander-loses-to-tigers-140342116.html
Ag_07
AG
Still need to make room on the 25 man.

The only reason I think Jack may be a victim is cutting him opens up a spot on both. It's an even trade

Plus is Jack really an integral part of this team's future? **Not that any of the other guys mentioned are**
Harry Dunne
Frok said:

Harry Dunne said:

Frok said:

Harry Dunne said:

I did not. I was a very big "call up Yordan now" advocate.

I hope the guy does well. I honestly know nothing about him other than he hasn't even played much at AAA yet. Which in my mind means it's not likely he is a contributor yet.

Frok
AG

Beat40
So good to see Cole slotted in the starter spot for tonight. Hopefully that can kinda get us on a good little roll here and we can win 6 or 7 out of the last 9 remaining this month.
bearkatag15
AG

Biagini back up
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Biagini back up

This could have been done 4 weeks ago
Wtf
Ag_07
AG
I imagine that would make him out for the 1st round of the playoffs
CSWendt
bearkatag15 said:

Biagini back up
Jeez. That's terrible news.

Best case scenario: He recovers in 4 weeks and finishes rehab assignments just in time for his first appearances to be in the post season.

Worst case scenario: He doesn't come back this season or postseason.
Mathguy64
AG
That's frustrating. This should have been done 3 weeks ago when he went on the IL the first time for this issue.
Ag_07
AG
There are no rehab assignments that late since MiLB seasons are over.

He'd go to the Florida facility and work out there.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Biagini back up

That would put him back either 2 wks before or right at the start of the postseason.
bearkatag15
AG
CSWendt
Good point. Interesting to see how the Astros play this, if he even recovers in time to make it back.
bearkatag15
AG
Deluxe
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Unless Toro is so good that Correa loses his starting spot
Deluxe
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Biagini back up
Marvin
AG
Injuries suck this year. Prayers for a full, healthy and constant playoff roster. Our 9 can and will beat all comers.
Hulla Baller
AG
When are we going to get an update on Correa?
dshedd41
S

Who might the Astros call up when rosters expand in September?
Gig’em Aggies!
bearkatag15
AG

The breakdown of the ejections from the other night..
Beat40
In my opinion, pretty lame by the Ump.
iamtheglove
iamtheglove said:

Phrasing said:

And a follow up question, assuming we don't sign him to a long term deal and let him go in FA, would you rather shift Bregs to short and get another mid to upper tier 3B, or leave Bregs at 3B and get a new SS?

I would like to leave Yuli at 1B instead of moving him to 3B, but that could be an option depending on the market and what players are available.

I think a likely scenario is Breggy to short and Toro to 3rd. Toro is 22 and been killing it at AA and AAA this year. I would imagine they will sign George to a deal which would probably preclude signing Yuli (who will be 36 at that time I think). Can only carry so many $25-30m deals. Need a tucker or yordon to be able to be able to play 1st in a year or 2.

This post aged well! Yeah, yeah, a little self quoting here and I was only off by a couple years, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time t time. Excited to see what Toro can do...
AggiEE
Yikes

Losing Pressly is going to hurt big time
First Page Last Page
Page 910 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.