***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,386 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Ags #1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This stretch of baseball will most likely cost us homefield. Gotta fest on the bottom feeders
W
AG
the Astros only had 3 RISP at-bats tonight --- and they went to Jake and Mayfield.

obviously far, far less than ideal
Beat40
Ags #1 said:

This stretch of baseball will most likely cost us homefield. Gotta fest on the bottom feeders

Maybe so. If the Yankees lose tonight, still not out of it.
maca1028
I had to gamecast this one. What was Blummers response?
jr15aggie
AG
This is why I never have and never will bet in sports. Such nonsense.
MexAg05
AG
No words. This team is so schizophrenic at times. Hopefully a wake up call.

Only saving grace is bullpen had night off. And this game is automatic win w healthy roster.
jkag89
txag614 said:

Weekend Commuter said:

Hinch is sometimes too easy going. I know there are pros and cons but damn. This was supposed to be the "easy" stretch of the season. Totally lost focus.
It is so damn frustrating how many games we have lost to ****ty teams. I get that it's baseball, but we're losing too many games that we shouldn't.
A lot fewer than most teams are losing to the same ****ty teams. I realize all 162 games count but you can't get too down about the Ls (even to the poor teams) or overly excited about the Ws.

Edit: When you are as talented as this current Astros team, a large portion of the league could be considered ****ty. As dominate as the '27 Yankees were, won the AL by at least 20 games, I bet they still lost a game or two to the perennial bottom feeder St.Louis Browns.
Ags #1
AG
Basically said I get the agggrsion on cherrios part and try to force them into making a throw but probably gotta not force the issue. He was about as polite about it as you can get
jkag89
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Verlander is the only one on the team who even gives a **** right now
What a ****ing load of bull*****
W
AG
Bill Brown and Robert Ford in the postgame have avoided a "cycle" comment so far.

maybe they don't realize a triple would have done it
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I think it's clear that management (and it has filtered to the players) does not give AF about home field. It's basically win the division by extending as little effort as possible
W
AG
absolutely.

the 2 enormous "vegas favorite" losses have featured a key player being given the day off.

Yuli vs. Baltimore and Brantley vs. Detroit
AgDoc03
AG
I hope Hinch benches Chirinos tomorrow to send a message that kinda selfish bull**** won't fly.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jkag89
MexAg05 said:

No words. This team is so schizophrenic at times. Hopefully a wake up call.

Only saving grace is bullpen had night off. And this game is automatic win w healthy roster.
This is not the NBA. No game is an automatic W when playing against another major league club (even the Tigers or Os).
AggiEE

I think it's clear that management (and it has filtered to the players) does not give AF about home field. It's basically win the division by extending as little effort as possible

Brantley needed his scheduled rest day while we lost a big bat in Correa..,

I dunno with all our random injuries this year the "scheduled rest day" crap hasn't done a whole lot for us other than make us significantly weaker when key players are out
The Beef01
AG
Beat40 said:

It will when we get our panties in a wad in the playoffs and can't pull it out like the Bos series

Who's to say it wasn't any one of the other 46 losses, some of which were to worse teams and worse loses than that one?

Losing to the worst team in baseball (by far, look at their record) when your pitcher throws a CG w/ no walks and only 2 hits in a tight race for home field has a good chance to haunt you.

It's followed closely by the game that essentially spun you into this funk of giving up 3 in the 9th to lose to the 2nd worst team in baseball.

There's nothing wrong with someone pointing out the reality of how troublesome losses like these are while the Yankees are sweeping anyone who barely has a pulse.
Charlie Conway
this team doesn't make it out of the ALDS, hot take I know, but I believe it
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Do all players get as many scheduled rest days as ours?
the last of the bohemians
Probably Reddick's biggest critic, but benching him in Ric Flair night of all possible nights? Baseball karma
Agnzona

If true that's a bad idea. You play like you practice. Players get hurt more than ever and studies show its the coddling that's making most players fragile.

Same goes for quality of play. You can't coast the last 2 months and hope to turn it on at some point.
NFL teams have learned that's a bad idea too.
Beat40

You seem to know a lot of people's intentions. I'll defer to you the player's, coaches, and management feelings the rest of the season.
6-4-3
AG
Great. Fine. 162 games. So on. So forth. We are playing crappy baseball whether we won tonight or lost. This is the easiest part of our schedule and we have lost two historic games in terms of regular season mismatches in the history of MLB.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Thanks that'd be wise of you
Farmer1906
AG
jr15aggie said:

This is why I never have and never will bet in sports. Such nonsense.

Why? I bet a made a ton of money tonight.
6-4-3
AG
Bingo.
the last of the bohemians
Benching Chiniros for a couple games would be the Belichick move, but something tells me Hinch is more Phil Jackson, call it a hunch
W
AG
only 2 Astros had hits tonight...Chirinos and Springer
Beat40

Who gives an F what other teams do if we win? Seriously. If we end up with AL home field, who the F cares?
AggiEE
Charlie Conway said:

this team doesn't make it out of the ALDS, hot take I know, but I believe it

It does feel a bit like 2018 to me.

On paper this is probably the best Astros team ever assembled, but there are serious concerns with not being able to score runs on 6.0 ERA pitchers

Springer being in a funk hurts and seems to be a big part of our recent woes, for whatever reason he seems to be the spark for our offense
W
AG

Bryce Harper has played in 124 of the Phillies 125 games
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
That's my point though, it seems like we have someone off every night. If that's not normal amongst teams in the league we are obviously saying rest is more important than AL home field
jkag89
the last of the bohemians said:

Verlander next 9 inning performance this year will be his first this year. Tell me more about stats?
Come the post season tie game in the 9th, Verlander at less than 100 pitches or anyone in our pen at their current level of performance? I will take JV every time unless someone in the pen steps up and has an excellent stretch the last month and a half of the season.
Unemployed
AG

That's my point though, it seems like we have someone off every night. If that's not normal amongst teams in the league we are obviously saying rest is more important than AL home field
I'd rather have a healthy team in the playoffs than home field advantage.
cap-n-jack
JV handled that interview well. He's got to be steaming.
jkag89
W said:

Bryce Harper has played in 124 of the Phillies 125 games
Phillies are in a dogfight just to make the postseason. Anyways, how sporadic Harper has been this season, maybe he would benefit with a day off every once in awhile.
First Page Last Page
Page 907 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.