***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,929 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
At least no Reddick
Harry Dunne
Straw-Jake-Springer is a hell of a defensive OF
EastCoastAgNc
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

At least no Reddick
Reddick doesn't play on the night that they give away his bobblehead and his idol throws out the first pitch. Can't imagine he's too happy with that.
3B Paul 97
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

CFTXAG10 said:

At least no Reddick
Reddick doesn't play on the night that they give away his bobblehead and his idol throws out the first pitch. Can't imagine he's too happy with that.

I'm not happy about his production over the last 2 months. We'll call it even.
R-Dog
AG
http://m.mlb.com/glossary/transactions/postseason-roster-rules-eligibility

Definition
Per Major League Baseball's Collective Bargaining Agreement, players must meet certain criteria in order to be eligible for postseason play.
Any player who is on the 40-man roster or 60-day injured list as of 11:59 p.m. ET on Aug. 31 is eligible for the postseason.
Those on the restricted list at that point are also eligible if they haven't been suspended for performance-enhancing drugs during that season. (All players who have served a suspension for PEDs in a given season are ineligible for postseason play that year.)
A player who doesn't meet said criteria for postseason eligibility can still be added to a team's roster in the postseason via petition to the Commissioner's Office if the player was in the organization on Aug. 31 and is replacing someone who is on the injured list and has served the minimum amount of time required for activation. (For example, a player on the 10-day injured list who has been on it for at least 10 days, or a player who has been on the 60-day injured list for at least 60 days.) Players who are acquired in September or after are ineligible.
Postseason roster rules
Teams submit a 25-man roster prior to each round of the postseason comprised of postseason-eligible players. A club may request permission from the Commissioner's Office to replace a player who is injured during the course of a series, but that player is then ineligible for the rest of that round and the subsequent round, if there is one. A pitcher may be replaced only by another pitcher, and a position player only by another position player.
Teams carry extra players throughout the postseason in the event of injuries, and those players, as well as players on the injured list, can be in the dugout during games, within reason.

Prosperdick
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

CFTXAG10 said:

At least no Reddick
The way he's hitting he couldn't even hit Rick Flair's first pitch.
AgDoc03
AG
Prosperdick said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

CFTXAG10 said:

At least no Reddick
The way he's hitting he couldn't even hit Rick Flair's first pitch.

So true. If he doesn't want to ride the bench he should try getting an August OPS above Tyler White's weight.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dshedd41
S
'Here comes Nature Boy, WOOOO!' Ric Flair to throw out first pitch at Astros game tonight
http://www.khou.com/mobile/article/sports/mlb/astros/here-comes-nature-boy-woooo-ric-flair-to-throw-out-first-pitch-at-astros-game-tonight/285-197599d7-0f61-4e43-9739-4276fb065a02
Gig’em Aggies!
Post removed:
by user
W
AG
folks that took the Astros moneyline not thrilled to seeing Brantley sitting.

having flashbacks to June with that lineup
W
AG
the Mariners having been playing better the last 2 weeks. Touched Morton for 3 earned runs today.

Charlie's at 2.85 right now. JV at 2.81.

----

speaking of the White Sox...they slipped into Target Field and won 2 of 3 vs. the Twins. Minnesota (77-50) starts their 13-game cupcake run with a 1-2 mark
Charlie Conway
W said:

folks that took the Astros moneyline not thrilled to seeing Brantley sitting.

having flashbacks to June with that lineup
folks that took Astros moneyline are stupid anyways
KC_Ag14
AG
Stacked the good guys in my DK lineups tonight! I'm expecting an explosion of runs
Mathguy64
AG
So we get TK back but have to listen to Stanton part time. Two steps forward and one back.
bearkatag15
AG
8 pitch inning.
Mathguy64
AG
Nice economical 1st for JV.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Correa and Sanchez out until at least September.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Big Al 1992
AG
JV - 4 innings only 43 pitches
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Quote:

Special dates at the aquarium with Ferris wheel rides and the Stros offense going MIA for the ace, some things never change
Farmer1906
AG
After a lot of research and a deep dove into analytics, I have concluded the JV is ****in good.
cap-n-jack
We ought to be teeing off on a 90 mph fastball.
mwm
Cherrios is heating up!
KC_Ag14
AG
KC_Ag14 said:

Stacked the good guys in my DK lineups tonight! I'm expecting an explosion of runs

Great start....
Kashchei
AG
I should've taken the Tigers. Easy money tonight
mwm
Point of observation...Correa's swing isn't nearly as aggressive as is Springer's. Yet, Springer doesn't seem to get hurt (as often). What is Springer doing with his core that Correa maybe should be? Or, could it be nothing more than physiology? Maybe one of you fitness guys can explain.
Mathguy64
AG
Requisite solo job.
bullard21k
AG
Okay screw the perfect game

Let's get some freaking runs
cap-n-jack
Crap
bearkatag15
AG
Perfect through 4.2.... solo HR kills JV again
Bregxit
AG
That was messed up...AtBat said In Play, Out(s)....then it said the guy homered!
astros4545
AG
Score this man some GD runs
Big Al 1992
AG
and there's the solo homer from JV.
Wabs
AG
Come on bats! For **** sake!
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I tried to get a bet on on the Tigers, I mean 50 bucks at -550 thats worth the victory insurance, I couldn't get it in on time
First Page Last Page
Page 901 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.