***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,733,121 Views | 74431 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by PSully97
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Shut'em down Osuna
Don’t Care. Got Jimbo
Ags #1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Or elevate it more. His location on the high fastball it terrible
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Osuna gets it done
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Never a doubt
I'm looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. I'm just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.


H-Town 2017 WS Champions
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Big K. 80-46
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great recovery by Osuna. But that game shouldn't have been close.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Easy peezy for Osuna
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heyyyyy
The Milkman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Phew.

And I should have said fastball in the zone. High heat is good but make it unhittable when you are up 0-2
cap-n-jack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
eATMup-Reveille
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Exhale!!
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Silent For Too Long
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Beautiful K by Osuna.

He's really good when he's locating his fastball. It seems in most if his bad outings is when that one pitch is off.
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mazag08 said:

Great recovery by Osuna. But that game shouldn't have been close.


Statements like this are so ridiculous.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mazag08 said:

The Milkman said:

WTF is Osunas obsession with the high fastball


It's not him. It's what they teach these guys. The league knows it.
Yep...he just missed low about 4 or 5 inches. Did much better on the later batter.
Yoda
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Don’t Care. Got Jimbo
Juan Solo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Grande Osuna!
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

Ag_07 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Another dominant outing for Will. Idk why y'all don't appreciate him more.

If you don't have clean innings 100% of the time you'll get eaten alive here.


Harris has been more good than bad, imo, but that was a stressful inning


The 4 pitch walk was bad. No doubly about it, but he struck out 2, got a soft ground out, and shattered a bat.

More good than bad = 22nd In wOBA for all pitchers ahead of Verlander, Scherzer, Lugo, Will Smith, CFM, Greene, Kershaw, deGrom, Cole, Greinke, & Hader.
Silent For Too Long
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mazag08 said:

Great recovery by Osuna. But that game shouldn't have been close.


That's baseball. Bregman miss a three shot by a few feet that makes this score much more comfortable.

Tigers, as bad as they've been, just played a tight series with a good Ray's team. Tied them in runs scored for the series.

W is a W. All if them are an achievement.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Harry Dunne said:


Unrelated to the game, but where does she fall on the Vicki Mendoza diagonal?


(for those who don't know)
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
7-8-9 hitters were 1 for 10 with a walk and sac fly in game 1 vs. the Tigers.

so 3 of their 12 plate appearances were productive. Probably can't ask for more than that in this series
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


That's ummm very good
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

redline248 said:

Ag_07 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Another dominant outing for Will. Idk why y'all don't appreciate him more.

If you don't have clean innings 100% of the time you'll get eaten alive here.


Harris has been more good than bad, imo, but that was a stressful inning


The 4 pitch walk was bad. No doubly about it, but he struck out 2, got a soft ground out, and shattered a bat.

More good than bad = 22nd In wOBA for all pitchers ahead of Verlander, Scherzer, Lugo, Will Smith, CFM, Greene, Kershaw, deGrom, Cole, Greinke, & Hader.
I'd probably rather see Harris on the mound than McHugh or Devo, most of the time.
Harry Dunne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Especially now that 7-9 will probably be Chirinos/SuperJack or Straw/Reddout or Jake
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Especially now that 7-9 will probably be Chirinos/SuperJack or Straw/Reddout or Jake
If Correa goes on the IL, it has to be Tucker time, right?
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
so if Correa goes on the IL....who is the next middle infielder in the pipeline?
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

Farmer1906 said:

redline248 said:

Ag_07 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Another dominant outing for Will. Idk why y'all don't appreciate him more.

If you don't have clean innings 100% of the time you'll get eaten alive here.


Harris has been more good than bad, imo, but that was a stressful inning


The 4 pitch walk was bad. No doubly about it, but he struck out 2, got a soft ground out, and shattered a bat.

More good than bad = 22nd In wOBA for all pitchers ahead of Verlander, Scherzer, Lugo, Will Smith, CFM, Greene, Kershaw, deGrom, Cole, Greinke, & Hader.
I'd probably rather see Harris on the mound than McHugh or Devo, most of the time.
Harris is our 3rd best bullpen arm and it isn't close at this point. He's not 2nd or 1st because we have 2 of the best relievers in baseball.
Harry Dunne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With Correa AND Diaz out I think it has to be Straw...or can it not be because he was up for the 2xH?
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Silent For Too Long
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Harry Dunne said:

Especially now that 7-9 will probably be Chirinos/SuperJack or Straw/Reddout or Jake


Or machete. But yeah.

Reddout had some hard hit balls today. You just have to think eventually things click at least a little. For the guy to hit 300 for two months and get this spaced out it has to be mental. If he can just string together something he could get out of this funk.
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:




He's seeing a hooker/masseuse ?
Keeper of The Spirits
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He just needs a nice massage
MuckRaker96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just an Ag said:

Yordan is off to an awesome start. I bet Ruth didn't play in more than 150 games, regular season, in 1927.
Babe Ruth played in 151 games in the 1927 season.

Harry Dunne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
W said:

so if Correa goes on the IL....who is the next middle infielder in the pipeline?
Aside from Straw it would probably be Alex De Goti, who was a good field, no hit SS who has found a little pop lately and/or #juicedballs

.284 14 HR 65 RBI @ RR

Primarily a SS but can play 2b 3b OF