***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,973 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
txag614
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We have two black holes back to back in the lineup with Reddick & the C position.
cablinaggie
AG
txag614 said:

We have two black holes back to back in the lineup with Reddick & the C position.

We should've DH'ed Chirinos or Reddick and let Greinke hit.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Assuming tucker is brought up when rosters expand he wouldn't be eligible for the postseason roster would he?

Reddick has to be in danger of losing playing time. He's on a deep, dark funk
Aggie8587
AG
Naturally first hit for Oakland is a homer. Can't wait to get out of this dump town and back to Houston
AggiEE
Why wouldnt he be eligible for the post season if he is called up in September?
dshedd41
S
Dammit Zach!
At least it was a single run homer and nothing worse.
Gig’em Aggies!
W
AG
that's why many of us are calling for Tucker to come up now. So he would be eligible in the event he catches fires this time around. If he's a September callup, he won't be elgibile
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Agreed that we should DH Reddick or the C position just to piss them the **** off but that HR outta do it, This one is over. AJ get thrown out

Also Tucker aint going to save us over/under on his ML batting average for 2019 at .192
AggiEE
Aggie8587 said:

Naturally first hit for Oakland is a homer. Can't wait to get out of this dump town and back to Houston
It would be 2-1 if we could execute small ball better.
CFTXAG10
AG
I like it. Let them score first instead of letting them answer us.
AggiEE
I didnt realize that was a rule. Would be a huge mistake to not give Tucker a chance. I don't know what Lunhow is thinking.

He could make an already dangerous lineup absolutely lethal.

Unfortunately our lineup is so streaky I think we need to get another power and HR threat in the lineup for more of that X factor.
MisterFurious
AG
Aggie8587 said:

Should have been a K looking, but umps know they can give the Astro's a fat kawk without much fuss.
AggiEE
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Agreed that we should DH Reddick or the C position just to piss them the **** off but that HR outta do it, This one is over. AJ get thrown out

Also Tucker aint going to save us over/under on his ML batting average for 2019 at .192

Why do you keep bringing up Tucker's MLBs from a limited sample in 2018?

Is Bregman not going to save us because he batted poorly when he was first called up?

Tucker is a guy that has dominated AAA in quick order. Those guys usually end up translating very well to the major leagues.

Having another potential 30+ HR bat in the lineup would be big.
Beat40
Aggie8587 said:

Can't remember the last time Chirinos had an important hit.

He's quickly become one of if not the worst offensive starting catchers in baseball after such a great start

Yuli popped out to short. Let's not forget that.
W
AG
these are the times when you wish Hinch had some Lou Piniella in him. Something needs to be done to fire up the players. The soft passive cerebral approach has failed miserably on this road trip
Aggie8587
AG
Yes but I'm not worried about Yuli, he's done plenty this season to be protected from criticism there
W
AG
if Luhnow wants to shake things up...and he needs to...Tucker needs to come up this week
Beat40
AggiEE said:

Why do you keep bringing up Tucker's MLBs from a limited sample in 2018?

Is Bregman not going to save us because he batted poorly when he was first called up?

Tucker is a guy that has dominated AAA in quick order. Those guys usually end up translating very well to the major leagues.

Having another potential 30+ HR bat in the lineup would be big.

I have to believe he is trolling at this point. Apparently AJ getting tossed is going to save the rest of our season and We might as well send Tucker down the river because he's never going to produce.
W
AG
Kalas said Correa is hitting .194 on the 10-game trip with 4 home runs.

he's become one-true-outcome guy (with pop outs to RF)
Beat40
W said:

these are the times when you wish Hinch had some Lou Piniella in him. Something needs to be done to fire up the players. The soft passive cerebral approach has failed miserably on this road trip

But what about before this road trip?
AggiEE
On the bright side, Greinke has been as good as we thought he would be so far. Having another ace that can eat up reliable innings with little damage done is precisely what we needed.
W
AG
good work by Greinke to limit the damage.

only at 49 pitches thru 4 innings
AggiEE
W said:

Kalas said Correa is hitting .194 on the 10-game trip with 4 home runs.

he's become one-true-outcome guy (with pop outs to RF)

Correa unfortunately seems like a HR, Strikeout, or Pop Out kind of hitter.

It would be great if he had more singles and doubles, walked more.

Bregman has a lower avg but is a much more effective hitter because his OBP is so high and he does little things to try and get multi-base hits and doesn't rely solely on the long ball.
MisterFurious
AG
W said:

Best example of Hinch culture: How many times during this era of Astro baseball have you watched high fives and laughs after an rbi base hit that ends with the third out happening on the bases because of simply stupid and unnecessary risk vs. reward. It's little crap like that which can't be tolerated at any level of baseball. Hell, just the other night Gurriel has the one run rbi hit and tried to push it to a double. High fives, yay for me, and they lost by a run.
cablinaggie
AG
I was about to type "Lol at the Reddick On-Base bobble head" then he singles.

You're welcome
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Let's go $100 bucks on who has a higher OPS at the end of the year.

I get Reddick, Tyler White and Tony Kemp you get Ted. If Ted doesn't make the playoff roster we call it a draw.

My problem with Ted is not his stats it was the eye test. He never came close to looking comfortable, even his foul balls were *****
W
AG
another scoring opportunity --- need an x-base hit
AggiEE

Let's go $100 bucks on who has a higher OPS at the end of the year.

I get Reddick, Tyler White and Tony Kemp you get Ted. If Ted doesn't make the playoff roster we call it a draw.

My problem with Ted is not his stats it was the eye test. He never came close to looking comfortable, even his foul balls were *****
That's not really true.

Tucker actually had some really hard hit balls when he was called up. They just unfortunately were either foul or they were hit to players.

There was some evidence that he just had a lot of bad luck.
mwm
I'm going to say that I still remain in Reddick's corner. Even though he's been in an extended slump, he's still batting .260 - .265. That's higher than all other BAs in today's lineup except one.

Plus, and I'm not a "stat guy", I think he plays above average defense. I can think of multiple runs (at least 6) he's saved this year against the rangers by brining back balls that would have been HRs.

I remain confident he'll come around at the plate & will contribute again this season.
W
AG
if Tucker comes up and doesn't hit...then just leave him off the playoff roster and go back to Reddick
AggiEE
mwm said:

I'm going to say that I still remain in Reddick's corner. Even though he's been in an extended slump, he's still batting .260 - .265. That's higher than all other BAs in today's lineup except one.

Huh? Isn't that lower than everyone else in the lineup except Catcher?

And his .265 stat is misleading. He started the season batting .330+. The last few months he's batting well below .265.
jetch17
Beat40
MisterFurious said:

W said:

Best example of Hinch culture: How many times during this era of Astro baseball have you watched high fives and laughs after an rbi base hit that ends with the third out happening on the bases because of simply stupid and unnecessary risk vs. reward. It's little crap like that which can't be tolerated at any level of baseball. Hell, just the other night Gurriel has the one run rbi hit and tried to push it to a double. High fives, yay for me, and they lost by a run.

Asinine. Are you really complaining about Yuli trying to stretch into a double with Chirinos behind him?
cablinaggie
AG
Unbelievable
AggiEE
**** these short pop ups with runners on 3rd and 1 out!!!!!

should be 3-1
First Page Last Page
Page 880 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.