***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,896 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Silent For Too Long
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tough series loss.

Bounce back tomorrow.
Kashchei
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Translation: only out 5 weeks instead of 6
75AG
AG
Listening to the White Sox announcers on SiriusXM is just a horrible beat down.
Marvin
AG
75AG said:

Agreed. There were also some Dave South moments in there. Several times it was two pitches into the next batter before they finally got around to explaining what happened.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
cablinaggie
AG
We do this every August it seems like, and we'll win 20 or so games in September.

Canyon99
I've never seen actual stats but it seems like the White Sox have had our number over the years even when we are good and they suck.
Ag_07
AG
cablinaggie said:

We do this every August it seems like, and we'll win 20 or so games in September.

Do what exactly in August? Win 19 of our last 24 or whatever it is?

Tired of hearing some of y'all acting like this team is in a rut.

They're playing damn good baseball.
AstroAggie15
AG
75AG said:

If you download the Siris XM app on your phone , you can listen to either teams broadcast instead of being stuck with the home team's
75AG
AG
Yeah. I have it and could have linked to my rental car. I screwed up....
Pahdz
Sounded worse than a TRSN random HS football game 15 years ago
Just an Ag
AG
Ag_07 said:

cablinaggie said:

Do what exactly in August? Win 19 of our last 24 or whatever it is?

Tired of hearing some of y'all acting like this team is in a rut.

They're playing damn good baseball.
No doubt, we are on a good run. But think about how good they'd be playing if the bullpen wasn't giving away games we should be winning. The good thing is we have a lot of good arms to work with, we just need to get them performing at the end of the game. Plenty of time to get it worked out, as long as we recognize there is an obvious problem at the current time.

bearkatag15
AG
W
AG
it seems like having the #1 overall record is not a top priority. Luhnow and Hinch are content with winning the West and hosting in the ALDS. Will let the chips fall where they may after that. And of course that worked in 2017. Not so much in 2018. Time will tell in 2019
W
AG
and as discussed on the previous page...if the Astros are going to catch the Yankees...next week is when it's got to happen.

NYY is at Oakland and the Dodgers for 6 games, while the Astros host the awful Tigers and Angels for 7 games.

it's the only remaining week were the 'stros have a significant scheduling advantage
mazag08
AG
Scheduling advantage doesn't prevent the offense from a 4 hit night, or the bullpen from blowing leads.

These guys need to focus and get the job done.
Frok
AG
Me Sunday: Pressly needs to be the closer, Osuna sucks

Me Today: well crap
Jackal99
AG
Frok said:

Me Sunday: Pressly needs to be the closer, Osuna sucks

Me Today: well crap

That's the way baseball go.
Buck Compton
AG
Buck Compton said:

(41) 52 games remain this season

(TBD) (7-3) 10 vs LAA, 3 home, 3 home, 4 away
(3-0, TBD) (6-3) 9 vs SEA, 3 home, 4 home, 2 away
(TBD) (3-1) 4 vs DET, home
(TBD) (1-2) 3 vs TOR, away
(TBD) (2-1) 3 vs KC, away
(2-1) (3-0) 3 vs BAL, away
(1-2) (1-2) 3 vs CWS, away
(2-0) (1-1) 2 vs COL, home
(TBD) (2-0) 2 vs TEX, home

That's 39 of the 52. The remaining 13 vs teams with an actual pulse.

(TBD) (5-3) 8 vs OAK, 4 away, 4 home
(TBD) (1-1) 2 vs MIL, away
(TBD) (2-1) 3 vs TB, 3 home

Thoughts on potential final record? 34-18 the rest of the way gets the franchise record in wins
Updating my predictions tracker again here (I'll do it every week or so). If you'll notice, I originally predicted 1-2 against the White Sox because this team typically doesn't do well in their first game of a long road trip. Now, that's not why we went 1-2 in the end, but it doesn't take us off my pace. Currently on track to go 27-14 down the stretch for a 105-57 season based on the schedule. Maybe folks can step away from the ledge for a second.

If the Yankees beat that, you tip your cap to them and go beat them in the playoffs (keep in mind we own the tiebreaker over the Yankees).
07ag
AG
W said:

it seems like having the #1 overall record is not a top priority. Luhnow and Hinch are content with winning the West and hosting in the ALDS. Will let the chips fall where they may after that. And of course that worked in 2017. Not so much in 2018. Time will tell in 2019
so, trading 4 top prospects for greinke and his salary means nothing to you?
https://ts.la/eric59704
Farmer1906
AG
07ag said:

W said:

so, trading 4 top prospects for greinke and his salary means nothing to you?
I'm not sure how your comment links to W's, but it means we have a better shot of winning it all in 2019 regardless if were the 1 seed or not.
Hulla Baller
AG
West coast game start times
bearkatag15
AG
Hulla Baller said:

I love the late starts. Everyone in my house is asleep and I get to watch a game in peace and quiet.
Charlie Conway
How bout NO. I will continue to overreact and be frustrated/upset. I have much more experience with going that route.
bearkatag15
AG
Looking at the matchup tonight.. Wow Mike Fiers has had a hell of a year so far.

In his last 19 starts he is 12-6 with a 2.28 ERA, .205 BA against. He is averaging 6.43 innings per start in those 19 games and has not allowed more than 3 runs in any of those games (giving up 3 runs in 5 of those 19 starts).

Pretty impressive stuff from Fiers.
The Milkman
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Hulla Baller said:

I love the late starts. Everyone in my house is asleep and I get to watch a game in peace and quiet.
Exactly. Wife goes to bed I stay up and play on my phone and watch the game until I'm passing out in my chair.
Ag_07
AG
Yeah he's been one of the best pitchers in the league recently.

Last time he faced us back in May he went 6.2 IP, 4 H, 1 HR, 2 ER

And that was the minor league team with Straw, Fisher, Kemp, White, and Mayfield all in the lineup
bearkatag15
AG

Good stuff
Prosperdick
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Good stuff
Harry Dunne
Harry Dunne
Ag_07 said:

And that was the minor league team with Straw, Fisher, Kemp, White, and Mayfield all in the lineup

Ag_07 in 2018 said:

Fiers is not very good and his stuff is actually pretty mediocre.

Strom worked his magic and got him to pitch the best 6 week stretch of his career then kicked his ass to the curb.

He was a big part of our success and I appreciate what he did but he's not a very good pitcher.

Kinda like saying Marisnick is a helluva hitter. Just not true. They both had nice seasons and were parts of the success but they're just ok at what they do.

Post removed:
by user
Farmer1906
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Ag_07 said:

Ag_07 in 2018 said:

Fiers is not very good and his stuff is actually pretty mediocre.

Strom worked his magic and got him to pitch the best 6 week stretch of his career then kicked his ass to the curb.

He was a big part of our success and I appreciate what he did but he's not a very good pitcher.

Kinda like saying Marisnick is a helluva hitter. Just not true. They both had nice seasons and were parts of the success but they're just ok at what they do.

Oh my
W
AG
good test tonight for Sanchez. The A's are a step up in competition from the Mariners and Orioles. Perhaps 2 or 3 steps up
Ag_07
AG
Well damn...What can I say?

Back in 2018 that was accurate. He's having a nice season. No arguing that
W
AG
checking in with the National League...

the Mets' (61-59) schedule has gotten tougher in the last week...and lo and behold they are losing games again. Will try to avoid getting swept by the Braves tonight.

the Cardinals (63-55) have regained first place in the Central. St. Louis seems like a very average team. The Dodgers would probably rather play the Central winner than the wildcard in the NLDS
First Page Last Page
Page 848 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.