***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,985 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
iamtheglove
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Per the AZ broadcast, the closer Archie Bradley had struggled in the past at dodgers stadium. He throws a pitch that seems to hit aj pollock but on review it hit his bat knob and popped up, caught by catcher thus called out. Pollock now at 1st during review takes his time crossing the diamond chewing on the ump. Bradley starts telling him to get off the field. Form then on a lot of dodgers dugout chirping at Bradley. Bradley gets strike out for the final out, turns to dodgers dugout and starts pointing and yelling at them. That's when dugouts clear and the pushing and shoving commence.
bearkatag15
AG
Sounds pretty dumb
titanmaster_race
bearkatag15 said:

Sounds pretty dumb

Honestly most baseball "brawls" are
gougler08
AG
titanmaster_race said:

bearkatag15 said:

Sounds pretty dumb

Except for the Reds - Pirates one, that was awesome
Post removed:
by user
rosco511
AG
I just checked and our team WRC+ is 121 and second best is the Yankees at 116...I think our offense is still pretty good
titanmaster_race
third coast.. said:

gougler08 said:

titanmaster_race said:

bearkatag15 said:

Sounds pretty dumb

Except for the Reds - Pirates one, that was awesome

The breakdown was amazing

I imagine Jomboy will make a breakdown of the dodgers-dbacks incident sometime today
BMX Bandit
Twins & Indians now tied in central.

astros4545
AG
Teddy Perkins
AG
This is hilarious. Gardner getting tossed but didn't say a word. Not one word.

Teddy Perkins
AG
Mets surging through the standings. Half game back from the wild card in a crowded hunt. Going for 8 straight today after a walk off last night. Maybe they weren't crazy to keep Wheeler and Thor?
redline248
AG
Umpires are so stupid
CFTXAG10
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Mets surging through the standings. Half game back from the wild card in a crowded hunt. Going for 8 straight today after a walk off last night. Maybe they weren't crazy to keep Wheeler and Thor?
I'm impressed with their run, but its the Mets, so I fully expect them to **** it up somehow
W
AG
Perhaps not. The NL is a pile of mediocrity after the Dodgers. So that definitely helps.

the Mets have followed the MLB script for 2019: beat up on the bad teams and move up in the standings.

since the all-star break NYM has 16 wins vs. the Marlins, Pirates, White Sox, and Padres.

their schedule will get tougher going forward. Series coming up with the Cubs, Indians, and Braves twice
JYDog90
AG
Forgive me if posted already. I thought it was a cool article and wanted to share it.

It's an article about the guy who is in charge of providing the mud that every ball in the mlb is rubbed up with.

https://t.co/cTfs4NGZV0
Formerly Willy Wonka
BTKAG97
AG

I based the colors on current record. Yellow indicates wins/losses are w/n 10 of each other.

Boston should be downgraded to yellow.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
No one, including the dodgers, wants to face that starter staff in a short series.

Meaning the Mets
AustinCountyAg
redline248 said:

I don't think W is the poster you should be calling out.

Thank god, since I didn't.
Farmer1906
AG
Bregxit
AG
Farmer1906 said:

That's all I need to see! Bring him up to plug the hole in our 9 spot!
Frok
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

I'm impressed with their run, but its the Mets, so I fully expect them to **** it up somehow

Stupid Mets, coming close to make the playoffs. What idiots!
W
AG
the Orioles starter tonight is some guy named Aaron Brooks. He will tote a hefty 5.45 ERA to the mound.

his post all-star break ERA is 6.63. He was claimed off waivers (from the A's) the first week of July.

Astros should hammer this guy early and often
Farmer1906
AG
He killed high A ball last year but struggled in AA. Then this year he did well in AA (98 games) and is obviously on fire in AAA. He's 22 year old Canadian from Venezuela or something like that.
Agmaniacmike12
Toro made Rojas a lot more expendable especially since his timeline meshes well with Correa and Yuli's FA eligibility.
bearkatag15
AG
McInnis
AG
Quote:

the Orioles starter tonight is some guy named Aaron Brooks. He will tote a hefty 5.45 ERA to the mound....Astros should hammer this guy early and often
That 's better than tonight Astro starter's ERA!
MelvinUdall
bearkatag15 said:

I know this has been talked about frequently, but this lineup is just filthy. I honestly can't imagine what a pitcher is thinking as he has to face this team, must have a lot of anxiety.
Harry Dunne
W said:

the Orioles starter tonight is some guy named Aaron Brooks. He will tote a hefty 5.45 ERA to the mound.

his post all-star break ERA is 6.63. He was claimed off waivers (from the A's) the first week of July.

Astros should hammer this guy early and often
I like your optimism and if you keep on calling your shot, with this lineup you're going to be right sooner than later...but last night's O's starter had an ERA of 6.75 in his last 7 starts, so we could score 2 or we could score 22.

I guess the big question on everyone's mind is, how many runs do we need to score for Alex Cintron to feel confident about getting a ride back to the hotel?
Harry Dunne
Also the name Aaron Brooks is having a hell of a run in pro sports over the last 20 years.
mazag08
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

mazag08 said:

Dirty Mike and the Boys said:

Seems like pretty lol timing to ***** about run production after they scored like a million runs the past 2 games.

Some of you guys take any comment as criticizing the team or cliff jumping.

It's not out of left field to point out that this team CAN be frustratingly inconsistent at times, especially with RISP. I'm not saying it's going to be the death of us, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared of ones of these popping up.

And against the Yankees, it doesn't matter who we pitch, we need to score as many runs as possible because they WILL score runs.

Or they won't. Which they do a lot. Because BASEBALL.

Also, they will be facing OUR pitching. Not the O's.

Every team has games where they flail with RISP and games where they get locked in.

Every Team. All of them. Since the beginning of baseball. That's how baseball works. The only reason you or anyone else is under the impression that we are more streaky then anyone else is because you dont watch 162 games a year of the other teams.

Yet another overreaction to a mostly innocent comment. My mind is not changed, so all of your teeth gnashing and keyboard hammering was wasted. But hey, you overreacted to a differing opinion and got blue stars. Congrats.
Harry Dunne

Mathguy64
AG
Safe at Home said:

Quote:

the Orioles starter tonight is some guy named Aaron Brooks. He will tote a hefty 5.45 ERA to the mound....Astros should hammer this guy early and often
That 's better than tonight Astro starter's ERA!

Pretty sure the Astros starter tonight is sporting a 0.00 ERA. IYKWIM
BTKAG97
AG
Yanks lose to the Jays... again.
W
AG
oh my, Toronto helping out the cause.

that puts NYY at 4-2 on their 11-game cupcake swing
bearkatag15
AG
Bombs!
First Page Last Page
Page 809 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.