***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,760 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Frok said:

Hmmmm. You all got me thinking. Maybe it's time to get rid of U-Verse
When I moved to Ohio for work in 2017, the only cable available to my apartment complex was AT&T. I sucked it up and signed a two year price lock which transferred with me back to Houston last year. That contract just ended Monday and I promptly switched back to Comcast. It has been night and day. UVerse is 10 years behind when it comes to the technology and platform.

I would make the switch. Or at the very least, tell AT&T you already have and get them to make you a deal.
AstroAggie15
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

$55 per month just to watch the astros (no espn) sounds like a pretty bad deal. Add in a few more services and you are paying almost as much as cable with a much much crappier user interface.

Thanks horrible 30 yr ATT deal.
I split it with Friends. We share the login and after the season we will cancel (no contract) and then we will get it again come April.

Then we all split youtube TV for football season. Been chord free since May. Haven't looked back since
Ag_07
AG

$55 per month just to watch the astros (no espn) sounds like a pretty bad deal. Add in a few more services and you are paying almost as much as cable with a much much crappier user interface.

Thanks horrible 30 yr ATT deal.

Comes out to about $2 per game. Worth it for us who watch most every game.

And no even if you need to add another service to get ESPN it's still cheaper than cable.

And the interface is not much much crappier. Only downside is there is no easy prechannel button so to flip channels is a bit of a hassle but honestly both my wife I think the picture quality itself is better than cable.

To each his own I guess. Just passing along info I've gathered in the past few weeks figuring all this out.
expresswrittenconsent
mazag08 said:

Frok said:

When I moved to Ohio for work in 2017, the only cable available to my apartment complex was AT&T. I sucked it up and signed a two year price lock which transferred with me back to Houston last year. That contract just ended Monday and I promptly switched back to Comcast. It has been night and day. UVerse is 10 years behind when it comes to the technology and platform.

I would make the switch. Or at the very least, tell AT&T you already have and get them to make you a deal.

Interesting. I wonder if the apt complex lockin had a different level of tech, or of they (Att/uverse) use different tech in different markets. You mention them being outdated but in my market they are much better tech than the competition.
Spectrum/Time Warner offers a DVR with 2 tuners, and you need a coax connection to each box. Uverse offers 6 tuners so you can record 5 or 6 things at once, connects via ethernet cable rather than coax, and connects to the main router for your primary box and offers wireless connected set top boxes for other rooms.
Frok
AG
mazag08 said:

Frok said:

I need to do something. U-Verse keeps jacking up my price and the only thing I watch is sports. That's why Fubo doesn't sound like a terrible deal. Even if I do Fubo + Sling I would still be paying less to watch the same thing.

Only thing I worry about is crappy streaming quality.
Post removed:
by user
AustinCountyAg
for those with fubo is it only available in the big city, or can I get it out in the country (Austin County)?
Farmer1906
AG
With Netflix and the new Disney bundle, the only reason I keep directv is for Astros, Rockets, & Aggies. My last conversation with them went fairly well. They dropped my bill down to $58. I have no idea how.
HvilleAggie
AG
third coast.. said:

Get a smart tv and stream it through reddit. Use psvue or something for everything else. It has the sec network and espn.
PS Vue has been jacking up prices slowly but is finally to the point I need to look around. When I initially cut the cord and joined up several years ago the package with SEC Network was $35/mo and made a lot of sense. Now it's $60!
AstroAggie15
AG
Farmer1906 said:

With Netflix and the new Disney bundle, the only reason I keep directv is for Astros, Rockets, & Aggies. My last conversation with them went fairly well. They dropped my bill down to $58. I have no idea how.
if you yell at them enough on the phone and get transferred to the top hindu, you can usually get some sort of discount
n_touch
AstroAggie15 said:

Farmer1906 said:

if you yell at them enough on the phone and get transferred to the top hindu, you can usually get some sort of discount
Post removed:
by user
gougler08
AG
HvilleAggie said:

third coast.. said:

Get a smart tv and stream it through reddit. Use psvue or something for everything else. It has the sec network and espn.
PS Vue has been jacking up prices slowly but is finally to the point I need to look around. When I initially cut the cord and joined up several years ago the package with SEC Network was $35/mo and made a lot of sense. Now it's $60!
Directv Now is the same...only reason I've stayed with them is because HBO is $5/month still, if they jack that up then I'm bailing to something else
Deluxe
AG
AstroAggie15 said:

Through 42 games, yordans 162 game pace is:

165 RBIs
200 hits
54 home runs
54 doubles

ROY has to be a lock, those are mvp numbers
Pretty cool that we were able to add a bat to our lineup midseason that produces like Mike Trout, is a lefty, has 6-7 years of controllability and we didn't have to give anything up to get him.
CFTXAG10
AG
AstroAggie15
AG
tjholley16 said:

AstroAggie15 said:

165 RBIs
200 hits
54 home runs
54 doubles

I'd be interested to see Gurriel's 162 game pace since he's started his hot streak. It's got to be similar or even better than that
here are the batting splits since july with a Min of 98 plate appearances

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/batting/_/split/43/league/al/minpa/100
Phrasing
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Did anyone notice Springer got up gingerly after sliding into 3B yesterday and seemed to wince some as he was walking into the dugout after he scored? Berkman and KE mentioned it on the broadcast. Just wondering if he is okay.
ClickClack
AG
I'm guessing the day off is related. He's probably fine but they're playing it safe. JMO
75AG
AG
Phrasing said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Did anyone notice Springer got up gingerly after sliding into 3B yesterday and seemed to wince some as he was walking into the dugout after he scored? Berkman and KE mentioned it on the broadcast. Just wondering if he is okay.
I did notice it. But, Berkman mentioned EVERYTHING last night.
ontheedge
Use a VPN and the MLB app on your smart TV or device. I need to learn to cast my phone to the TV as that VPN and the app are l****. Still better than no game.
dshedd41
S
AT&T SportsNet SW (@ATTSportsNetSW) Tweeted:
Game 2 lineup! -MM https://t.co/toQc9bOjeQ

Gig’em Aggies!
Post removed:
by user
n_touch
third coast.. said:

Son of a ***** I left my computer at my hotel so I cant watch the game today

Im sure thats what you were going to be watching
mazag08
AG

mazag08 said:

Frok said:

Interesting. I wonder if the apt complex lockin had a different level of tech, or of they (Att/uverse) use different tech in different markets. You mention them being outdated but in my market they are much better tech than the competition.
Spectrum/Time Warner offers a DVR with 2 tuners, and you need a coax connection to each box. Uverse offers 6 tuners so you can record 5 or 6 things at once, connects via ethernet cable rather than coax, and connects to the main router for your primary box and offers wireless connected set top boxes for other rooms.

Not talking about that kind of tech.. more about the actual service and platform. Using AT&T is like going back to 2005 with the irrelevant addition of an awful menu.

If you've never used Xfinity.. you have no idea how awful the crap you have is. I would pay an extra $20 every month if the choices were UVerse or Xfinity.and everything else was the exact same.
Bobcat-Ag
AstroAggie15 said:

tjholley16 said:

AstroAggie15 said:

165 RBIs
200 hits
54 home runs
54 doubles

I'd be interested to see Gurriel's 162 game pace since he's started his hot streak. It's got to be similar or even better than that
here are the batting splits since july with a Min of 98 plate appearances

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/batting/_/split/43/league/al/minpa/100

Change it to 75 plate appearances and Brantley and Alvarez pop up in the top 10.
Ag_07
AG
Xfinity has the absolute worst customer service. I've dealt with them before and it's beyond unbearable.

After dealing with what I dealt with I vowed to never give them another penny of my money.
ClickClack
AG
Ag_07 said:

Xfinity has the absolute worst customer service. I've dealt with them before and it's beyond unbearable.

After dealing with what I dealt with I vowed to never give them another penny of my money.

I think they've improved. I vowed the same thing and took about a 10 year break from them. It was pretty much my only option when I moved to New England.

Nice thing is I'm not blacked out from mlbtv up here
YellAg2004
AG
So fun story from last night. I was given tickets on row 1 of the club level on the first baseline.

The pitch before Yuli's 4th-inning HR was fouled over right to where we were sitting. I reached out over the rail with my hat as far as I could to make the play. The ball proceeded to take the hat right out of my hand and down to the section below. I've now confirmed that my failure made both the TV and radio broadcasts.

Luckily the people below were able to throw my hat back up to me.
W
AG
the Astros went past 2 million in season attendance last night.

on pace for about 2.8 million total for 2019
W
AG
the Rockies are starting a guy named Peter Lambert today.

his ERA away from Coors Field is decent: 3.63

but so was Marquez' last night
bearkatag15
AG
Haha I remember seeing that on the tv broadcast. Lance talked about you (along with everything else under the sun) after it happened. Glad you got your hat back
Mathguy64
AG
That's an average of more than 34K. On a capacity of 43K. That's a decent %
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
chico
AG
YellAg2004 said:

So fun story from last night. I was given tickets on row 1 of the club level on the first baseline.

The pitch before Yuli's 4th-inning HR was fouled over right to where we were sitting. I reached out over the rail with my hat as far as I could to make the play. The ball proceeded to take the hat right out of my hand and down to the section below. I've now confirmed that my failure made both the TV and radio broadcasts.

Luckily the people below were able to throw my hat back up to me.
sorry, man - I booed you last night.....
agproducer
AG
ontheedge said:

Use a VPN and the MLB app on your smart TV or device. I need to learn to cast my phone to the TV as that VPN and the app are l****. Still better than no game.

Try smart DNS instead of VPN.
First Page Last Page
Page 792 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.