***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,387 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Charlie Conway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cpsencik04 said:

I'm going to be honest and I feel like the logo is intentionally being made a rainbow for obvious culture plugs
I got this impression as well
expresswrittenconsent
Looks like the ALCS and NLCS arent rainbow.

The ugly crap from the 90s is popular again. That was the decade of Spurs fiesta (aqua/magenta) and all the expansion teams in nfl/mlb/NHL had horrible teal/aqua uniforms. This feels 90s retro-ish. Interesting note on the graphic that all team "colours" are represented. Strange to use the "british" spelling of color.
Post removed:
by user
titanmaster_race
Y'all get wound up over some weird things
Harry Stone
AG
It's Zack Greinke day
Hulla Baller
AG
It feels like opening day all over again.
iBrad
AG
cpsencik04 said:

I'm going to be honest and I feel like the logo is intentionally being made a rainbow for obvious culture plugs

Or maybe they were just trying to incorporate all the team colors from around the league.
BMX Bandit
cpsencik04 said:

people will always see what they want to see

you like to see gay stuff apparently .
Charlie Conway
It's not a huge leap to think that the same entity that thought the "disabled" list was offensive would use a rainbow logo to appear progressive.
jkag89
Sheesh, can we take the Forum 16 discussion somewhere else?
Charlie Conway
Feel free to change the subject at any time.
Prosperdick
AG
BMX Bandit said:

cpsencik04 said:

You better bet $100 on the Rockies tonight!
Ag_07
AG
Charlie Conway said:

I think Altuve needs to stand closer to the plate.

There...Fire away
KC_Ag14
AG

All of us today
jkag89
Tonight's game can not get here fast enough so we might get to some actual baseball discussion rather than this absurd discussion of whether this season's post-season logos are a nod the LGBT community.
Deluxe
AG
Joe Biagini : Astros :: Averman : Mighty Ducks?
jetch17
AG
Greinke day

Frok
AG
I'd be fine if they made the rainbow only blue with shades of red, orange, and yellow
dummble
AG
are we 100% certain that Greinke is not hiding a mullet under his hat in the latest interviews?
gougler08
AG
Ag_07 said:

Charlie Conway said:

There...Fire away
He'd bat .400 if he stood closer
Farmer1906
AG
BMX Bandit said:

cpsencik04 said:

That's silly. With the rainbow logo push during the last pride month, its not hard to see what he is getting at,
Ag_07
AG
Y'all had all day yesterday to bltch and moan about playoff insignia propaganda and instead you pick the day of Greinke's debut?

C'mon fellas
E
AG
Its my birthday today and I would like to thank the Astros for getting me Zack Greinke for it!
03_Aggie
Colours? WTF is that MLB? Games in London and now we're spelling it colours?
Marvin
AG
Looking forward to the game. Brought my rainbow Astros shorts to work (not wearing them, unfortunately), ready for tonight.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Farmer1906
AG
Greinke's worst pitch is his sinker. He throws it 6.1% of the time (this year). How many times does he throw it tonight? Also, do we get to see his Eephus? It's buzzing in at a firey 63.7 MPH this year.
CFTXAG10
AG
The excitement is only growing....

John E
AG
gougler08 said:

Ag_07 said:

Charlie Conway said:

There...Fire away
He'd bat .400 if he stood closer

I think he stands way too close.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Quote:

With Greinke, Verlander, (Carlos) Correa and (Lance) McCullers all free after 2021, is it fair to say the team's window of title contention is two more years after this run?

I think it's fair to expect a dip in the team's performance following the 2021 season, if not earlier. But how significant a dip will depend on the moves Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow makes between now and even more so on the development of their prospects.
In 2022 and beyond, the Astros will still have Bregman, Altuve and Yordan Alvarez. Did they extend or re-sign Springer before 2021? Did Kyle Tucker pan out? How about Forrest Whitley? Did they develop any other legitimate major league starters? The answers to those sorts of questions will dictate how long the Astros can prolong their contention window. The state of the rest of the AL West obviously will factor in, too, and it will probably improve in coming seasons.

From Kaplan's mailbag in the Athletic this morning. Soak up these glory days, this team is close to reaching it's peak.
Ag_07
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Quote:

With Greinke, Verlander, (Carlos) Correa and (Lance) McCullers all free after 2021, is it fair to say the team's window of title contention is two more years after this run?

I think it's fair to expect a dip in the team's performance following the 2021 season, if not earlier. But how significant a dip will depend on the moves Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow makes between now and even more so on the development of their prospects.
In 2022 and beyond, the Astros will still have Bregman, Altuve and Yordan Alvarez. Did they extend or re-sign Springer before 2021? Did Kyle Tucker pan out? How about Forrest Whitley? Did they develop any other legitimate major league starters? The answers to those sorts of questions will dictate how long the Astros can prolong their contention window. The state of the rest of the AL West obviously will factor in, too, and it will probably improve in coming seasons.

From Kaplan's mailbag in the Athletic this morning. Soak up these glory days, this team is close to reaching it's peak.

That's key

Yes...This version of the team will see it's window close but I think we'll see that Crane will give Luhnow the resources he needs to keep fielding an elite club.

Whether it's FA signings, trades, or draft picks this front office will keep things rolling and not miss a beat.
CoachRTM
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Quote:

This year is probably the peak (total team talent wise), if we're being honest. Verlander, Cole and Greinke (+Miley) on the same staff along with an elite lineup..... can't imagine it will get better than that.

Window is still open after that, but this may be the best team we'll have for a looooong time.
dummble
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Quote:

Peak? Maybe. I believe we'll still be regular contenders in 2022. As of right now, we'll still have Altuve, Bregman, Correa, Diaz, Alvarez, Pressly (assuming he vests), Biagini, & James. Now go look at who's under contract in 2022 for everyone else and tell me who's got a better group than this. It just looks like we're losing a lot because we have so much high-quality depth on this team.

Quick comparison, here is who the Dodgers have.
Tyler White, Max Muncy, Kris Negron, Matt Beaty, A.J. Pollock, Cody Bellinger, Alex Verdugo, Andrew Toles, Kenta Maeda, Ross Stripling, Walker Buehler, Julio Urias, Dustin May, Joe Kelly (club option, I would guess not picked up), Adam Kolarek, & J.T. Chargois.
Farmer1906
AG
CoachRTM said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Quote:

This year is probably the peak (total team talent wise), if we're being honest. Verlander, Cole and Greinke (+Miley) on the same staff along with an elite lineup..... can't imagine it will get better than that.

Window is still open after that, but this may be the best team we'll have for a looooong time.
That is funny because I said the exact same thing last year with Verlander,Cole, Keuchel, CFM, and LMJ.
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

CoachRTM said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Quote:

That is funny because I said the exact same thing last year with Verlander,Cole, Keuchel, CFM, and LMJ.

Beat me to it...
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
First Page Last Page
Page 779 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.