***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,727,293 Views | 74431 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by PSully97
07ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
new giveaways, 2005 nl champ rings, 8/19 and 9/9

https://ts.la/eric59704
WelchAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seems like an odd giveaway...or am I wrong?
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WelchAg said:

Seems like an odd giveaway...or am I wrong?

To you and me...Yes it's odd

To the 40k people who will buy tickets to get one (10k of which will be in line before gates open)...You're wrong

They milked the 2017 WS rings for all they could get and now they're turning to 2005 to carry the torch.

IDGAF what they do to sell out games because the more sell outs the easier it gets to sign Cole next year.
Phrasing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kind of, yeah. But I'm thinking of it as more of a throw back jersey type thing. More I think about it, I wouldn't mind grabbing one of those...
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Phrasing said:

Kind of, yeah. But I'm thinking of it as more of a throw back jersey type thing. More I think about it, I wouldn't mind grabbing one of those...
I agree with this. If you got one of the 2017 rings, you will want one of these to complete your collection. For me, I never got a 2017 ring so I could care less about this ring.
Mr.Ackar07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearkatag15 said:

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/the-astros-may-have-salvaged-another-pitchers-career/

Good article on Fangraphs about Sanchez's quick improvement
This image says all you really need to know about the approach and analytics of the Astros for pitchers:

07ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Phrasing said:

Kind of, yeah. But I'm thinking of it as more of a throw back jersey type thing. More I think about it, I wouldn't mind grabbing one of those...
I agree with this. If you got one of the 2017 rings, you will want one of these to complete your collection. For me, I never got a 2017 ring so I could care less about this ring.
got the 2017 ring, and i went and bought tix after getting the email about this promo,, so they suckered me in, at least
https://ts.la/eric59704
expresswrittenconsent
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearkatag15 said:

Phrasing said:

Kind of, yeah. But I'm thinking of it as more of a throw back jersey type thing. More I think about it, I wouldn't mind grabbing one of those...
I agree with this. If you got one of the 2017 rings, you will want one of these to complete your collection. For me, I never got a 2017 ring so I could care less about this ring.

Compete your collection of what?
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fake championship Astros rings...
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Fake championship Astros rings...
Yeah, I'm not sure I want a ring to remind me of the World Series sweep...and if you want to get technical the most memorable event from those playoffs was Pujols' shot, which is still in orbit to this day.

But yes, if it puts more money towards Cole I'm all for it.
fairviewcrew
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So is Jordon going to be good to go tomorrow? I missed the game yesterday but heard he took one off the knee. Was looking for an injury report in the recap but didn't mention it.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
fairviewcrew said:

So is Jordon going to be good to go tomorrow? I missed the game yesterday but heard he took one off the knee. Was looking for an injury report in the recap but didn't mention it.



You are talking Yordan right? I'll assume so. I bet he gets a day off tomorrow. He had another AB after that foul ball to the knee so they thought he was good enough to bat at least. If he would have gotten on base I'm sure they would have pinch run for him
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

IDGAF what they do to sell out games because the more sell outs the easier it gets to sign Cole next year.
the sooner you realize Cole isn't going to be here next year, the less its going to sting when he signs elsewhere.

bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CFTXAG10 said:




I see just 2 potential overlaps with A&M football. 10/19 vs Ole Miss and 10/26 vs Miss St
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think ALCS game 1 conflicts w/ Bama...his chart is just wrong as he has ALCS 1 and 2 on Sunday
Bonfired
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gougler08 said:

I think ALCS game 1 conflicts w/ Bama...his chart is just wrong as he has ALCS 1 and 2 on Sunday


To be fair, I think the bolder horizontal line separating dates is not in the right place. The one below 10/12 should be one line lower.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gougler08 said:

I think ALCS game 1 conflicts w/ Bama...his chart is just wrong as he has ALCS 1 and 2 on Sunday




Nightengale's schedule shows ALCS game 1 on Sat and game 2 on Sun
Panama Red
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Go ahead and ask off now for Oct. 4.
I Like Turtles
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My dad wants to drive up for the game tomorrow. In your experience is it better to buy tickets right now (stubhub, Ticketmaster etc.) or wait until close to game time? He wants good seats in one of lower sections between the dugouts.
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My boss has already told me to 'plan on traveling to a destination game' if the Stros roll deep this year...

Yes sir!
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
07ag said:

new giveaways, 2005 nl champ rings, 8/19 and 9/9




FYI...two slightly different rings...

8/19 is the Biggio replica
9/9 is the Bagwell replica
Panama Red
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jetch17 said:

My boss has already told me to 'plan on traveling to a destination game' if the Stros roll deep this year...

Yes sir!
Isn't this how a letter in Penthouse forum starts out?
willjohnathan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:


This image says all you really need to know about the approach and analytics of the Astros for pitchers:



So our analytics is telling our pitchers not to throw it right down the middle? We are lightyears ahead of other teams if true!
willjohnathan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Yankees next 12 v orioles & blue jays

Just at a quick glance, the Yanks have a very easy next 12 but then their schedule evens back out. I feel like ours is just as easy as anyone's from here on out. Might be a race to 110 with all the bottom dwellers in the AL, plus keeping up with the Dodgers.
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Panama Red said:

jetch17 said:

My boss has already told me to 'plan on traveling to a destination game' if the Stros roll deep this year...

Yes sir!
Isn't this how a letter in Penthouse forum starts out?


I'll chalk it up to continuing the good juju from the last destination game we went to a couple years ago

BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I agree about overall schedules. Think ours is better.

But 110 is too ambitious (Seattle had 80 win this time of years in 2001). Race for 103 more likely.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/mlb-postseason-tv-schedule-fox-fs1-tbs-espn/

Last year's tv playoff schedule for reference. Seems like Friday the 4th and Monday the 7th will likely be day games for Houston.
Charlie Conway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


Within an hour of the ALDS and rest of the playoff schedule being released on Twitter, Marriott's website crashes
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:



Within an hour of the ALDS and rest of the playoff schedule being released on Twitter, Marriott's website crashes


Probably updating to their gouge pricing models a la Clemson. At least they aren't waiting until October 1 to start canceling people at normal rates.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good call
willjohnathan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BMX Bandit said:

I agree about overall schedules. Think ours is better.

But 110 is too ambitious (Seattle had 80 win this time of years in 2001). Race for 103 more likely.
It probably is, as the race starts to settle, teams might be content with throwing a game or two to start resting for the playoffs as well as injuries and slumps. But we are currently on pace for 105 as is and we have the 4th easiest schedule to finish off the season (Not to mention our health and additions). Twins have the 2nd easiest, Yankees have the 5th, and LAD has the 11th. Albeit thats not a departure for the Twins from what they have played and is actually slightly tougher for the Yankees.
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Orders are starting to be run. I got a hold of some black tumblers if anyone would rather black instead of gray. Just shoot me an email.
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
n_touch said:

Orders are starting to be run. I got a hold of some black tumblers if anyone would rather black instead of gray. Just shoot me an email.


I emailed you last night...did you get it?