***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,606 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
07ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
new giveaways, 2005 nl champ rings, 8/19 and 9/9

https://ts.la/eric59704
JDUB08AG
AG
Seems like an odd giveaway...or am I wrong?
Ag_07
AG
WelchAg said:

Seems like an odd giveaway...or am I wrong?

To you and me...Yes it's odd

To the 40k people who will buy tickets to get one (10k of which will be in line before gates open)...You're wrong

They milked the 2017 WS rings for all they could get and now they're turning to 2005 to carry the torch.

IDGAF what they do to sell out games because the more sell outs the easier it gets to sign Cole next year.
Phrasing
AG
Kind of, yeah. But I'm thinking of it as more of a throw back jersey type thing. More I think about it, I wouldn't mind grabbing one of those...
bearkatag15
AG
Phrasing said:

Kind of, yeah. But I'm thinking of it as more of a throw back jersey type thing. More I think about it, I wouldn't mind grabbing one of those...
I agree with this. If you got one of the 2017 rings, you will want one of these to complete your collection. For me, I never got a 2017 ring so I could care less about this ring.
Mr.Ackar07
bearkatag15 said:

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/the-astros-may-have-salvaged-another-pitchers-career/

Good article on Fangraphs about Sanchez's quick improvement
This image says all you really need to know about the approach and analytics of the Astros for pitchers:

07ag
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Phrasing said:

I agree with this. If you got one of the 2017 rings, you will want one of these to complete your collection. For me, I never got a 2017 ring so I could care less about this ring.
got the 2017 ring, and i went and bought tix after getting the email about this promo,, so they suckered me in, at least
https://ts.la/eric59704
expresswrittenconsent
bearkatag15 said:

Phrasing said:

Compete your collection of what?
bearkatag15
AG
Fake championship Astros rings...
Prosperdick
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Fake championship Astros rings...
Yeah, I'm not sure I want a ring to remind me of the World Series sweep...and if you want to get technical the most memorable event from those playoffs was Pujols' shot, which is still in orbit to this day.

But yes, if it puts more money towards Cole I'm all for it.
fairviewcrew
So is Jordon going to be good to go tomorrow? I missed the game yesterday but heard he took one off the knee. Was looking for an injury report in the recap but didn't mention it.
bearkatag15
AG
fairviewcrew said:

So is Jordon going to be good to go tomorrow? I missed the game yesterday but heard he took one off the knee. Was looking for an injury report in the recap but didn't mention it.

You are talking Yordan right? I'll assume so. I bet he gets a day off tomorrow. He had another AB after that foul ball to the knee so they thought he was good enough to bat at least. If he would have gotten on base I'm sure they would have pinch run for him
CFTXAG10
AG
BMX Bandit
Quote:

IDGAF what they do to sell out games because the more sell outs the easier it gets to sign Cole next year.
the sooner you realize Cole isn't going to be here next year, the less its going to sting when he signs elsewhere.

bearkatag15
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I see just 2 potential overlaps with A&M football. 10/19 vs Ole Miss and 10/26 vs Miss St
gougler08
AG
I think ALCS game 1 conflicts w/ Bama...his chart is just wrong as he has ALCS 1 and 2 on Sunday
Bonfired
AG
gougler08 said:

I think ALCS game 1 conflicts w/ Bama...his chart is just wrong as he has ALCS 1 and 2 on Sunday

To be fair, I think the bolder horizontal line separating dates is not in the right place. The one below 10/12 should be one line lower.
bearkatag15
AG
gougler08 said:

Nightengale's schedule shows ALCS game 1 on Sat and game 2 on Sun
Panama Red
AG
Go ahead and ask off now for Oct. 4.
I Like Turtles
AG
My dad wants to drive up for the game tomorrow. In your experience is it better to buy tickets right now (stubhub, Ticketmaster etc.) or wait until close to game time? He wants good seats in one of lower sections between the dugouts.
jetch17
AG
My boss has already told me to 'plan on traveling to a destination game' if the Stros roll deep this year...

Yes sir!
Bregxit
AG
07ag said:

new giveaways, 2005 nl champ rings, 8/19 and 9/9

FYI...two slightly different rings...

8/19 is the Biggio replica
9/9 is the Bagwell replica
Panama Red
AG
jetch17 said:

My boss has already told me to 'plan on traveling to a destination game' if the Stros roll deep this year...

Yes sir!
Isn't this how a letter in Penthouse forum starts out?
Mr President Elect
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

This image says all you really need to know about the approach and analytics of the Astros for pitchers:

So our analytics is telling our pitchers not to throw it right down the middle? We are lightyears ahead of other teams if true!
Mr President Elect
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Yankees next 12 v orioles & blue jays

Just at a quick glance, the Yanks have a very easy next 12 but then their schedule evens back out. I feel like ours is just as easy as anyone's from here on out. Might be a race to 110 with all the bottom dwellers in the AL, plus keeping up with the Dodgers.
jetch17
AG
Panama Red said:

jetch17 said:

Yes sir!
Isn't this how a letter in Penthouse forum starts out?

I'll chalk it up to continuing the good juju from the last destination game we went to a couple years ago

BMX Bandit
I agree about overall schedules. Think ours is better.

But 110 is too ambitious (Seattle had 80 win this time of years in 2001). Race for 103 more likely.
bearkatag15
AG
https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/mlb-postseason-tv-schedule-fox-fs1-tbs-espn/

Last year's tv playoff schedule for reference. Seems like Friday the 4th and Monday the 7th will likely be day games for Houston.
Charlie Conway
bearkatag15
AG

Within an hour of the ALDS and rest of the playoff schedule being released on Twitter, Marriott's website crashes
Bregxit
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Within an hour of the ALDS and rest of the playoff schedule being released on Twitter, Marriott's website crashes

Probably updating to their gouge pricing models a la Clemson. At least they aren't waiting until October 1 to start canceling people at normal rates.
bearkatag15
AG
Good call
Mr President Elect
AG
BMX Bandit said:

I agree about overall schedules. Think ours is better.

But 110 is too ambitious (Seattle had 80 win this time of years in 2001). Race for 103 more likely.
It probably is, as the race starts to settle, teams might be content with throwing a game or two to start resting for the playoffs as well as injuries and slumps. But we are currently on pace for 105 as is and we have the 4th easiest schedule to finish off the season (Not to mention our health and additions). Twins have the 2nd easiest, Yankees have the 5th, and LAD has the 11th. Albeit thats not a departure for the Twins from what they have played and is actually slightly tougher for the Yankees.
n_touch
Orders are starting to be run. I got a hold of some black tumblers if anyone would rather black instead of gray. Just shoot me an email.
Bregxit
AG
n_touch said:

Orders are starting to be run. I got a hold of some black tumblers if anyone would rather black instead of gray. Just shoot me an email.

I emailed you last night...did you get it?
First Page Last Page
Page 776 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.