***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,690 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

Man, I'm sure glad he's an Astro. He's awesome and I would hate him being on any other team

He is baseball's version of Baker Mayfield and I love both of them
. . .
Marvin
AG
. . . said:

Alex Rodriguez just now on SNB talking about when the Yankees added Sabathia in 2009: He changed the dynamic in our clubhouse along with AJ Hinch & Mark Teixeira.

(AJ Burnett)

Huh?
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Marvin
AG
Anybody going to MMP on Tuesday to see Greinke's debut in person? First 'good to meet ya" beer is on me!
spadilly
S
Marvin said:

Anybody going to MMP on Tuesday to see Greinke's debut in person? First 'good to meet ya" beer is on me!

I'll be there with Mrs spadilly.
W
AG
watching the Red Sox collapse on their way to their 8th straight loss...

Price, Sale, and Eovaldi are on the books for 3 more seasons for a combined $79 MM per season.

Betts is a free agent after the 2020 season. And should get close to Trout money.

no wonder Boston didn't make any deadline trades

TREX01
I'd love to go but I'm at Disney with the family and stopping in Destin for a couple of days on the way back. But i was able to stream the game on my phone last night during the Magic Kingdom fireworks to catch the end of the no no
TMACsDaMan

Give em the Curveball!
Jomboy videos are on spot!!!
(Astros related because Vince Velasquez)
The Milkman
AG
Marvin said:

I'll be there!
Kashchei
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Dodgers walk it off. Unreal. Can't overcome both poor umpiring and terrible infield play.

I'm so ****ing tired of the Dodgers. Can anyone in the NL knock their asses out in the POs?
Marvin
AG
spadilly said:

Marvin said:

I'll be there with Mrs spadilly.

Awesome. Let's meet up with Ms. Marvin and myself. Love Street on me!
Marvin
AG
The Milkman said:

Marvin said:

I'll be there!

Ditto above!
cablinaggie
AG
I'm going with the fam. Kids love dollar dog night, I can't wait to see ZG.
gougler08
AG
Kashchei said:

titanmaster_race said:

Dodgers walk it off. Unreal. Can't overcome both poor umpiring and terrible infield play.

I'm so ****ing tired of the Dodgers. Can anyone in the NL knock their asses out in the POs?

Braves are the only chance
BMX Bandit
Yankees next 12 v orioles & blue jays
Beau Bevers
AG
Marvin said:

Heading down with my 4 sons. Sticking with Coke Zero this time.
mazag08
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Derek Fisher about to **** them up
Ag_07
AG
mazag08 said:

BMX Bandit said:

Riiiight...

Blue Jays' Fisher goes to hospital after taking ball to face
Texaggie7nine
Way to keep your eye on the ball i guess.
7nine
Mr.Bond
AG
Ag_07 said:

mazag08 said:

BMX Bandit said:

Riiiight...

Blue Jays' Fisher goes to hospital after taking ball to face

I'm convinced luhnow could trade a **** sandwich for a tray of lobsters
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Philip J Fry
AG
Fisher is a legit prospect though. He did all the right things for us when he was here.
Mr.Ackar07
Philip J Fry said:

Fisher is a legit prospect though. He did all the right things for us when he was here.
He sure did in one of the biggest moments:

BullSprig07
AG
Man I will never forget that moment. I was on the 1st base side way high up near the top of Minute Maid. When he pinch ran for McCann it was one of those moments you almost could feel was going to happen before it did.
TREX01
Except he isn't a legit prospect. He's about to be 26, doesn't have an arm to speak of in the outfield and doesn't hit big league pitching. He can run like the wind but that won't keep him around long.
Mr.Bond
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

Philip J Fry said:

He sure did in one of the biggest moments:

I was there and will never forget that.....
But if running the bases makes you legit.....
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Deluxe
AG
Fisher seems like outfield Colin Moran. Solid controllable player. Will probably never amount to anything special though.
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

Fisher seems like outfield Colin Moran. Solid controllable player. Will probably never amount to anything special though.
Agreed.
n_touch
And still makes 500k a year or more
Ag_07
AG
Deluxe said:

I see him as basically a Jake Marisnick

He'll have a decent career, show flashes with maybe a few stints in AAA as a veteran, good clubhouse guys, but in the end not AS caliber and mainly a decent role player.
Mathguy64
AG
Deluxe said:

I think they both end up being solid/ average ML players. Not superstars but every day players on an average team. Neither was ever playing here for any reason other than an injury replacement. The same for JD Davis. And Kemp. Thats why you trade them and get what you can. The Fisher could very well end up being big.
DVC2010
AG
Marvin said:

I'm in! The list is getting pretty long, so no need to buy my beer, but it would be great to meet some of y'all.

We really should get a group together for an away game some evening. Y'all are a fun bunch to talk baseball with, and it would probably be a lot easier for people to come and go without committing to the whole game or having to buy a ticket.
Harry Dunne
TREX01 said:

Except he isn't a legit prospect. He's about to be 26, doesn't have an arm to speak of in the outfield and doesn't hit big league pitching. He can run like the wind but that won't keep him around long.
He's got power too. He didn't connect much here, but when he did he hit some rockets and he hit enough minor league home runs to think that he could be a 20-25 HR guy if his pitch selection improved. Power and speed is enough for teams to give him a shot and hope he figures out how to hit major league pitching.

The problem is that he's a .279 liftetime minor league hitter that strikes out a ton, and players tend to not hit better at the major league level. At the MiLB level he also struck out a lot, but drew a lot of walks. In his short sample in the majors he has walked less and struck out a lot more (an a amazing 234K per 600 AB pace).

Reminds me of Teoscar Hernandez and no reason he won't end up like a faster Teoscar but I do agree that the "legit prospect" ship has sailed. I disagree that power & speed and not much else won't keep him around for long. Ask Justin Maxwell or Cameron Maybin.
bearkatag15
AG
https://blogs.fangraphs.com/the-astros-may-have-salvaged-another-pitchers-career/

Good article on Fangraphs about Sanchez's quick improvement
Mathguy64
AG
I was trying to post the same article. I accidentally posted it to the Rangers board. Yikes.

The bit inside about what we showed Cole is really good insight.
redline248
AG
mathguy86 said:

I was trying to post the same article. I accidentally posted it to the Rangers board. Yikes.

The bit inside about what we showed Cole is really good insight.

This is why you only use the watchlist to return to a thread, and never click on the rangers thread
First Page Last Page
Page 775 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.