***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,171 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Oh boy thank god this didn't go down
gougler08
AG
And that's why they are the tigers
JABQ04
AG
In light of recent events I feel that there needs to be a warning or a disclaimer that people don't talk about a no hitter if one is currently being pitched. I'm a believer in the baseball gods and they aren't to be trifled with.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The 2 guys that did that were trolling the thread. Check their message history, neither one every posts in this thread or on this board.
Mathguy64
AG
People who have never posted on the thread all year long who come here and say "Oh look he's throwing a no hitter" in the 6th inning and then argue that there is nothing wrong with it should be flagged and staff should take action.
bearkatag15
AG
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2019/08/04/detroit-tigers-trade-deadline-al-avila-rebuild/1913091001/

Whoa
Ambres
AG

Starting

JV
Cole
ZG
Miley/Sanchez - don't give the other team more then 2 looks. .. at the third time around bring in Sanchez

Here is my picks w/ 8 relievers and assuming we are playing the Dodgers at the World Series

1. Sanchez -- 2+ inning
2. Peacock -- depends on his recovery .. if he healthy then yes.
3. Biagini -- so far he appears to be have good action
4. Presley -- before the IL he was having a great year. if he can pitch back in the high 90s again
5. Osuna -- I worry that he has given up a run in each of his last 3 closing .. still got the save.. he is not Giles bad but he has not been dominate.
6. Harris -- he has been our most consistent reliever and trusted for mid inning work
7. Smith -- still out on him.. need to see more film but I like what we seen so far.
8, Devo -- I had a hard time between him and James.. but James is coming off injury and really needs to work on hiding his other pitches.

Here who we leave off the World Series
Valdez -
I don't trust him in critical situation yet.
Urquidy - I have a lot of hope for him. I think he is big part of our team next year.
McHugh - (sorry but this has been a bad year for him.. his ERA of 5.52 is reason enough
Rondon -- it depends on Biagini.. if Joe does not work out.. then Rondon would be my next man up
James -- love his velocity and movement. I think he is a big part of the reason we are successful.. I can see him replacing Presley if Presley is not ready to go.
Sneed - I like for him to be season a little more.. maybe if Peacock is not ready to go.. Sneed could be a nice long inning reliever.
Ambres
AG
What I love about our bench and our team right now. We can pull out a player like Uncle Mike from the lineup and it doesn't have real negative impact because each player provide something unique. .. btw Correa is batting 5th ahead of Yuli.. I am not sure I like Chirino in the 7th hole.. would rather have Jake in that spot.. Jake can drop a bunt and move the runner if needed.
Mathguy64
AG
The part of the lineup at the bottom just blows my mind. The next two scheduled in the rotation after JV. That should be outlawed. At some point in the next couple of weeks some poor team is going to draw JV, ZG and Cole in a row. I pray to the Baseball Gods it's the rangerettes.
bearkatag15
AG

astros4545
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Do Not support HEB anymore

When will Scott's reign of terror end
Bregxit
AG
astros4545 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Do Not support HEB anymore

When will Scott's reign of terror end

Was Strom in an HEB commercial?
Bonfired
AG
Neither here nor there, but last night's combined no-no was 30 years to the day after the Astros were on the wrong side of a MLB record...gave up 16 hits in the first inning to Cincinnati, lost 18-2.

Lost in the shuffle a bit was the fact that there was no defining no-hitter-saving play in the field...the suspense was palpable, but there was no ball put in play that I thought "Aw, ****, there it goes."
Philip J Fry
AG
Bonfired said:

Neither here nor there, but last night's combined no-no was 30 years to the day after the Astros were on the wrong side of a MLB record...gave up 16 hits in the first inning to Cincinnati, lost 18-2.

Lost in the shuffle a bit was the fact that there was no defining no-hitter-saving play in the field...the suspense was palpable, but there was no ball put in play that I thought "Aw, ****, there it goes."

Also neither Blummer or TK even mentioned what was happening until the final out. Kudos to them.
bearkatag15
AG
If Backe catches Blum here Blum should never do this again lol
bullard21k
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Bonfired said:

Also neither Blummer or TK even mentioned what was happening until the final out. Kudos to them.

The radio mentioned it several times
bearkatag15
AG
Bogusevic doing really good. 25 HRs between 2 rds
astros4545
AG
Astros are -435 today

Never seen that before
cap-n-jack
Apparently Strom had emergency surgery last night after the game. Heard Hinch say he was resting in the hospital and that he would miss a couple of games. Intestinal something.
nvm I see it was posted above
Marvin
AG
astros4545 said:

Astros are -435 today

Never seen that before

Where's "$100 great value" dude?
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
W
AG
the Mariners are using an "opener" today and their bullpen is terrible
bearkatag15
AG

This tweet got me thinking. Altuve has 92 hits in 76 games this season and there are 50 games remaining. Chances he reaches 150 hits?
W
AG
very good...and he could make the batting title chase interesting.

doesn't have enough AB's yet to qualify
Mathguy64
AG
That graphic just now is crazy. The consistency the last 3 years is just silly.

2017 71-41
2018 71-41
2019 72-40
astros4545
AG
122-40 doable
Harry Dunne
Marvin said:

astros4545 said:

Astros are -435 today

Never seen that before

Where's "$100 great value" dude?
Great value dude has clearly not lost enough $ on baseball to be giving gambling advice.

I think it's easily the most difficult sport to gamble on, in an individual game at least. Even the worst teams win a third of the time and without a point spread it's suicide to bet on the underdog and not profitable enough to bet on the favorite.
Ag13
AG
astros4545 said:

122-40 doable

Agreed. When our # 5 starter is anchoring no hitters there is no reason to think we won't win every remaining game.
W
AG
opener guy knows to walk Yordan (on 4 pitches)
shano0603
AG
Does anyone have a login for at&t sports net app that I could use?
W
AG
and another walk.

that should be it for the opener
Post removed:
by user
Bregxit
AG
Was that Jimmy Wynn in the wheelchair for the HoF ceremony yesterday?
Bregxit
AG
The HoF plaques are sick! Love the MMP roof up top and the Dome roof incorporated at the bottom.
tjack16
AG
bearkatag15 said:

This tweet got me thinking. Altuve has 92 hits in 76 games this season and there are 50 games remaining. Chances he reaches 150 hits?

According to most on this board he's overpaid now ... or at least was as of 2 months ago
First Page Last Page
Page 770 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.