***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,547 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
the last of the bohemians
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nolan Ryan probably would have pitched 20 combined team no hitters if getting to 6 or7 innings of no hit was all he needed. Cause he probably reached the 7th with out allowing a hit 50+ times.
3B Paul 97
AG
How many free agent pitchers will want to come to the Stros this offseason m?
n_touch
But he didnt because the guys behind him gave up hits, maybe your beef is with them and not the guys from tonight?
Marvin
AG
Wow, that koolaid really did flow all day. Great team win! I fully expect the Astros to go undefeated the rest of the year.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
. . .
cap-n-jack
It's Saturday night and a combined no hitter. It would be nice to see some ta-ta's and/or some dancing Mexicans.
zgood10
AG
Joe is awesome
gambochaman
AG
Awesomeness all around
N touch,
Maybe you're a little young. Ryan pitched the whole game when he was throwing a shutout, that's the point. Nobody cared about team no hitters prior to last 15 years.
jah003
S
cap-n-jack said:

It's Saturday night and a combined no hitter. It would be nice to see some ta-ta's and/or some dancing Mexicans.

Ok...
Farmer1906
AG
the last of the bohemians said:

Ok, I'm going to say it because somebody has to say it....a combined no hitter is not a real no hitter.... but it's a great team win

So how many hits did we give up?
Farmer1906
AG

N touch,
Maybe you're a little young. Ryan pitched the whole game when he was throwing a shutout, that's the point. Nobody cared about team no hitters prior to last 15 years.

The Astros threw one 16 years ago and I cared quite a bit. Team did too based on their celebration.
Agnzona
Hall of fame night! Combined no hitter! Two new pitchers contribute....all just so crazy!!!!!

Speaking of crazy.......is Yordan currently the best hitter in all of baseball?
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
Daddy-O5
AG
Anyone still watching the post game? Biangini definitely just said "d*cking around" on tv.
bearkatag15
AG

Ok, I'm going to say it because somebody has to say it....a combined no hitter is not a real no hitter.... but it's a great team win

It's way more rare than a no hitter by a single pitcher (288 vs 14) and it's more rare than perfect games (23 vs 14) and it's more rare than a player hitting 4 home runs in a single game (18 vs 14)

Pretty cool thing regardless of what you think
wangus12
AG
Jackal99
AG
I think he said "dinking around."
Daddy-O5
AG
Could be. I could've sworn it was the other. Either way the dudes hilarious.
Jackal99
AG
Yeah. I backed it up and rewatched. It was "dinking." But yes, he's hilarious. Loved how he snuck in the part about paying attention to nutrition after mentioning Shake Shack.
Daddy-O5
AG
I'll take your word for it. Shake shack story was great.
Mathguy64
AG
Listened to the game while in the road tonight and just got home. I have to say, if you are a FA pitcher how is Jeff Lunhow not on your speed dial?

And is Biagini the second coming of Charlie Kerfeld?
Good to see the #5 has the potential to be a #2 or #3. Might be huge if we need 3 or 4 innings of relief from him in the playoffs.

And to the poster preaching about the rarity of team no hitters, you do realize why they are so rare, ha
W
AG
the Astros, Yankees, and Twins cruise to victory today. It make take 105 wins to get the best record, because the bottom half of the AL is so, so bad.

the 'stros have to keep pounding the cupcakes and tomato cans. NYY plays the Orioles and Blue Jays next week
The Milkman
AG
Because we care more about our team success than an individual stat? In the 80s they'd trot Nolan out there for 150 pitches if it need be to get him the no-no. That's not good for anybody.
agsquirrel97
AG
What does our playoff pitching staff look like?

JV
Cole
ZG
Miley

Do we carry 8 relievers?
Sanchez
Peacock
McHugh
James
Devo
Biagini
Sneed
Harris
Smith
Rondon
Presley
Osuna
Valdez (the only lefty)
Urquidy

I'd guess the 8 come from that list and those 3 are definite no's right now, will be interesting stretch to see who The staff can't say no to. It will be interesting to see how the IR returnees look, I don't think very many people are safe yet, lot of innings left to pitch and everyone will have to win their playoff roster spot in the bullpen IMO

Good grief, if Sanchez let's up a hit , take him out. We had a big lead. Of course I enjoyed football when you could hit the QB.
Philip J Fry
AG

Yeah. You're right.

Prosperdick
AG
BMX Bandit said:

BMX Bandit said:

Mariners +185 is a too high to pass up

That's one quick way to lose $100

You do realize you have to bet against the Astros $100 each time until they actually lose. Do NOT screw with the baseball gods, they are vindictive.
Farmer1906
AG

Good grief, if Sanchez let's up a hit , take him out. We had a big lead. Of course I enjoyed football when you could hit the QB.

No one was worried about losing the lead.

We don't want Sanchez to have an injury or tired arm going for a no no in early Aug when we have our eyes on the prize.
Daddy-O5
AG
Farmer1906 said:

We don't want Sanchez to have an injury or tired arm going for a no no in early Aug when we have our eyes on the prize.

You also wanted to ensure he left out on a high note. Clearly the right call under the circumstances.
Right now, Devo is showing potential. Mchugh and Rondon won't make playoff roster unless they get it rolling
Philip J Fry
AG
J.D. c/o 05 said:

Farmer1906 said:

You also wanted to ensure he left out on a high note. Clearly the right call under the circumstances.

Also have Biagini a chance to be part of it. Talking about a team building exercise. Can't beat this during the season!
McInnis
AG
Babe Ruth

The all time most bizarre combined no-hitter.
Poot
mathguy86 said:

Listened to the game while in the road tonight and just got home. I have to say, if you are a FA pitcher how is Jeff Lunhow not on your speed dial?

And is Biagini the second coming of Charlie Kerfeld?

So much this... and those free agents should be more likely to sign shorter term, Astro friendly deals like Charlie Morton's. It's more than a trend at this point, and those type of signings are the key to staying under luxury taxes. Beautiful.
Just an Ag
AG
Not sure if mentioned, but Sanchez had lost 13 decisions in a row with Toronto. He's now rocking 4-14 record. Astro magic dust at work........
First Page Last Page
Page 769 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.