***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,845 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Lonestar_Ag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I saw something on MLB network that said someone else was in the trade not Rojas
WALTON LOADS!
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Ok, so logistically, who moves to make room?

Maldanado spot is opened up by trading Stassi
Grienke spot is opened by optioning Urkeeding
Biagini for Devo?
Sanchez for ???

What happens when Peacock comes back?
Sneed will get sent down. After that it gets interesting. If they wanted to carry 13 pitchers Straw could get sent down.
Mathguy64
AG
Agmaniacmike12
I like the way the Greinke/Sanchez moves work for future commitments. Cole walks, Greinke steps into #2. McCullers plugs back into #3 and Sanchez replaces Miley. #5 could be any of the young pitchers, including Urquidy.
Max Power
AG
Getting Greinke, and Arizona is paying part of his salary...Luhnow is a ******* wizard!
redline248
AG
So the Yankees got no one and their rotation had sucked lately?
. . .
mazag08
AG
Straw isn't going anywhere. Need speed off the bench for late inning situations.
Mr.Bond
AG
mathguy86 said:

I wouldn't even be able to stick it in....... Sploosh
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Mr.Bond
AG
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

CFTXAG10
AG
Ag_07
AG
This team is about rip off a 10+ game win streak.
lunchbox
WALTON LOADS! said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Ok, so logistically, who moves to make room?

Maldanado spot is opened up by trading Stassi
Grienke spot is opened by optioning Urkeeding
Biagini for Devo?
Sanchez for ???

What happens when Peacock comes back?
Sneed will get sent down. After that it gets interesting. If they wanted to carry 13 pitchers Straw could get sent down.
When Pressley was quietly put on IL I saw after the fact that they didn't make a corresponding move. That allowed them to bring Kemp back in and trade him, right? If so, then trading Kemp freed up a spot as well...but it will be taken when Pressley comes back.
CFTXAG10
AG
. . .
Ag12thman
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Can first pitch get here already!?!?!?!?! I can't wait to tune into hear the discussion about these additions on the broadcast tonight.
n_touch
There was no bring Kemp back in. It was trade or waivers.
CFTXAG10
AG
gambochaman
AG
this is freaking christmas in July

CAN WE SIGN LUNHOW TO A LIFETIME CONTRACT?
Prosperdick
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

They (Yanks) mad.

mazag08
AG
Meanwhile in Rangers thread land..

Quote:

I agree with everything in this post except the last sentence. Trading either or both may have helped in 2020 but it sure could have helped long term. At this point, I think JD has to make some significant moves this off season to prove to the fans that we want to contend.

We need good right hand bats and some SP for 2021 and beyond. We need outfield help. We need a catcher until Huff gets to the big leagues. We need a 1B.

I hope AP is right in that we are looking to double payroll next year. The problem is that some of that will come through arb.

Here's to hoping for 80 wins this season. That's probably all we have to look forward to until next spring

We need everything and we are going to get it this offseason and contend!

Please God try.
. . .
Teddy Perkins
AG
aTm2004
AG
Poor butthurt Arlington fans!!!

Quote:

I hope the Astros paid dearly prospect wise at least.

I'm a big dodger fan the next few months at this point.
Deluxe
AG
Corbin - passes the look test and has good stuff, doesn't seem like he has the mental strength/confidence, TJ is a question mark

Beer - AJ Reed part 2, he'll mash in the minors but there's a reason he slipped so far in the draft, plus not sure if he's an everyday 1B

JBB - we seemed very willing to deal him last year, maybe there's something we don't like

Glad we found Fisher, Stassi and Kemp new homes. They had no future with us. Happy about getting Maldy back. Our pitchers love him. Need to get Chirinos some rest down the stretch.

Don't know exactly how well use the two Blue Jays but I'm excited to give Strom a couple new projects. Part of me wonders if James is hurt worse than we know. Hopefully Press and Peacock are back soon.

Everyone writing off Cole next year but I dunno. Maybe Crane will say F it and pay a big tax bill to keep him. Maybe there's a middle ground number. R Justice said a few weeks ago that he loves it in Houston. Adding Greinke has to make him love it more. Super Unlikely but you never know.

In the meantime, F YES. THIS IS AWESOME. Super props to last minute Luhnow and Crane for making this happen. Should be a huge shot of life for the team. Let's go get home field.
mazag08
AG
Stassi got us two 18 year old OF'ers.

When they are both raking in 2024 we will look back and laugh at LA.
Ag12thman
AG
Agree on all points. HUGE HUGE HUGE day for the 'Stros.
mazag08
AG
Have to admit though, pressure just get increased in the clubhouse. We are far away the best team. Only team that comes close is Dodgers. Yankees could beat us, but they would have to mash against proven veteran top of MLB arms.
tremble
AG
When does Luhnow get his statue?
Mr.Bond
AG
tremble said:

When does Luhnow get his statue?

No idea but it better come with a wheel barrow

Teddy Perkins
AG
Looking forward to learning how Luhnow put this deal together. For all we know, it could have been agreed to days ago, Luhnow tells the Dbacks to send out Greinke today so no we don't tip our hand to the Yanks, then they announce minutes after the deadline passes.
irish pete ag06
AG
mazag08 said:

Stassi got us two 18 year old OF'ers.

When they are both raking in 2024 we will look back and laugh at LA.

Yep. Is there any doubt one of these guys is next Yordan?
Anonymous Source
S
Wanna see the world's worst photo shop?

Gig 'Em
Ag13
AG
His last start was on Friday the 26th. Please make his first Astros start at home on Friday night. I got tickets.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
We got a young OF from the Jays as well
First Page Last Page
Page 737 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.