***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,791 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
ClickClack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guys, we ain't getting anybody. If we do, it'll be a Liriano-esque trade. Prepare yourself for a big nothing burger. And we'll continue to scrap by for the back end of our rotation and hope we can win a World Series that way somehow.
Ag_07
AG
ClickClack said:

Guys, we ain't getting anybody. If we do, it'll be a Liriano-esque trade. Prepare yourself for a big nothing burger. And we'll continue to scrap by for the back end of our rotation and hope we can win a World Series that way somehow.

n_touch
News is allowed. Mathguy is our resident pic/luck bringer. He has a job to do.
Bulldog73
AG
Use mobile mode on your work computer and turn off auto loading images.
CFTXAG10
AG
Phone just buzzed with an update on Whitley's performance last night and I thought it was a trade
ClickClack
AG
Ag_07 said:

ClickClack said:

Uh huh..

astros4545
AG
I'm fine with no moves if the Yankees and dodgers do nothing also
CFTXAG10
AG
ClickClack
AG
Imagine a world where we had kept Morton.
n_touch

we can make that happen

lets see who is really devoted to seeing this team win another WS
Ag_07
AG
ClickClack said:

And JD Martinez and drafted Kris Bryant
Post removed:
by user
Ag12thman
AG

Frok
AG
I fully expect us to make some minor move for a guy that was in none of these tweets for the past few days.

ClickClack
AG
Ag_07 said:

ClickClack said:

And JD Martinez and drafted Kris Bryant

Except we knew LMJ was out all year and we knew Morton is nails.
Mathguy64
AG
Ok. I'm out of here until about 1:30.

I said Ray or Greinke last night. I'm sticking with that. Ray first, Greinke second. For Kemp, Fisher, Guduan and one of Armenteros/Valdez.

I leave you Kate. She is currently helping Lunhow in the office.

Bobby Jimbo
AG
ClickClack said:

Imagine if LMJ didn't have to miss the entire season and Forrest Whitley played well enough to be called up this season.
Mr.Bond
AG
Wow that looks nothing like her
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Frok
AG
So will any executives have any balls to make a major move?
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Whelp it's over. We will get absolutely nobody, and we absolutely won't win a World Series.
ClickClack
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Whelp it's over. We will get absolutely nobody, and we absolutely won't win a World Series.

We can win a WS without any additions but it just won't be as probable. We are one of the 3 favorites to win it all. Gotta maximize our chances now.
Teddy Perkins
AG

Expecting a Wheeler to the Stros annoucement soon.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
ClickClack said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

We can win a WS without any additions but it just won't be as probable. We are one of the 3 favorites to win it all. Gotta maximize our chances now.

We have literally never won a World Series where we didn't make a last minute acquisition.
Mr.Bond
AG
What would wheeler cost being he's a rental? Kemp and a mid level prospect??
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Mr.Bond
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

ClickClack said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

We have literally never won a World Series where we didn't make a last minute acquisition.

Huge sample size

ClickClack
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

ClickClack said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Just to be clear, I knew you were being purposely obtuse in your first post.
n_touch
Guarantee if it is happening we will know within the next 3 hours and 45 min
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I only deal in facts.
Frok
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Expecting a Wheeler to the Stros annoucement soon.

Sounds more like teams are lowering their expectations and now settling with a potential deal for a mediocre player.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Mr.Bond said:

What would wheeler cost being he's a rental? Kemp and a mid level prospect??
That's what it should cost but with it buying a seller's market it may have to be a few mid level prospects + Kemp.
Mr.Bond
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

I only deal in facts.

We've missed the ultimate goal making deadline deals far more than we haven't.

Teddy Perkins
AG
I don't consider Wheeler to be mediocre.

Highlight video of Wheeler striking out 7 Pirates.

Good Athletic ($) article on what Wheeler gives you.

Summary: He's got a high velocity four seamer (third among starters behind Thor and Cole). High velocity slider (2nd among starters). Also has a hard curveball with good depth, change up, and rarely throws a splitter. Possible room for improvement on how he deploys his slider and curve. His curve has been outstanding all season. He goes deep in games - 7th in innings per start.

My take: this guy would be great to eat up innings down the stretch and could improve with our analytics. He's got the stuff for the Stros to help him take it to the next level.
mwm
So, who's going to blink?
AustinCountyAg
My gut tell me we go after Robbie Ray. He's controllable and gives us insurance for next year knowing already we likely lose several arms on the pitching staff.
Beat40
I feel like the one trade deadline deal is being a player in driving up prices as well. It's capitalism at it's finest.

The players have said they want more parity in the league, well, this is one way to do it. Have one trade deadline and make it early enough in the year where multiple teams feel they're still in the race.
First Page Last Page
Page 721 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.