***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,656 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Nuke LaLoosh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Only twitter "news" is on the Yankees.
rosco511
AG
We are really really good when healthy so Tucker is just not needed on roster right now. Tucker and/or other outfielders will really be needed in 2021, and will need to have inexpensive players fill the void in order to balance the rest of the salaries.
gigemJTH12
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I get the line of thinking but Tucker has not been good.

WTF?

He's a .260 guy who hits some minor league bombs. He's a good prospect. In my opinion he is not some untouchable guy.

CFTXAG10
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Real G's move in silence like lasagna

EastCoastAgNc
AG

k20dub
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I just said a lot of expletives.
astros4545
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

gigemJTH12 said:

WTF?

He's a .260 guy who hits some minor league bombs. He's a good prospect. In my opinion he is not some untouchable guy.

So Bregman then?
gambochaman
AG
this has all the feelings of the 2017 trade deadline...

Half of astros fans: WE WANT THOR!

Other half: WE WANT GREINKE!

Lunhow: Here's Francisco Liriano!
Harry Dunne
astros4545 said:

Lots of people actively rooting for Tucker to fail

Makes no sense to me
If you're rooting for Tucker to fail, you might be a Rangers fan.

Obviously if we don't trade him I hope he's the next Yordan. I also think Yordan has to be giving the front office pause. Yordan was probably involved in trade talks at some point in the past and they have to be thinking "holy ****, remember when we almost traded the next Dave Winfield for a middle reliever?!?!".

That said, the realistic range for Tucker's career is probably somewhere between Josh Reddick and Hunter Pence and the range is somewhere between Justin Maxwell and Christian Yelich.

Even if his career mirrors Pence's (which would be on the high end of possible outcomes), if you could go back in time to 2005 and trade Pence for a couple of years of Randy Johnson or whoever would have helped push us over the top that season, you'd do it in a heartbeat.
JABQ04
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

I laughed way too hard at this.
AustinCountyAg
gigemJTH12 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

gigemJTH12 said:

WTF?

I agree he shouldn't be untouchable. But don't imply like he's not very good. The kid is young and has major pop in his bat.

.260 and 25 homers a year = all star.

Not to mention he's on base for 35+ home runs this year at round rock. GTFO if you think that's not a good season
Harry Dunne
AustinCountyAg said:

gigemJTH12 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

gigemJTH12 said:

WTF?

I agree he shouldn't be untouchable. But don't imply like he's not very good. The kid is young and has major pop in his bat.

In 1985, maybe.

Today, .260 and 25 homers is Josh Reddick.
BMX Bandit
He's not untouchable & Luhnow hasn't said he is.

But giving him up for a rental is a bad deal. (Unless that rental is a #1 starter)
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Harry Dunne said:

astros4545 said:

Lots of people actively rooting for Tucker to fail

Makes no sense to me
If you're rooting for Tucker to fail, you might be a Rangers fan.

Obviously if we don't trade him I hope he's the next Yordan. I also think Yordan has to be giving the front office pause. Yordan was probably involved in trade talks at some point in the past and they have to be thinking "holy ****, remember when we almost traded the next Dave Winfield for a middle reliever?!?!".

That said, the realistic range for Tucker's career is probably somewhere between Josh Reddick and Hunter Pence and the range is somewhere between Justin Maxwell and Christian Yelich.

Even if his career mirrors Pence's (which would be on the high end of possible outcomes), if you could go back in time to 2005 and trade Pence for a couple of years of Randy Johnson or whoever would have helped push us over the top that season, you'd do it in a heartbeat.

Don't recall Hunter being a top 10 prospect and sought after by every club looking to trade with you....but ok
n_touch
Giving him up for any rental is a bad deal. If you are not getting at least next year then it is not worth it. Even then, only a year is pushing it.
Mathguy64
AG
Im watching MLBTV and these idiots just said we should trade Whitley and Beer for German Marquez (Rockies). Yeah. Sure.
gigemJTH12
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

gigemJTH12 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

gigemJTH12 said:

WTF?

Not to mention he's on base for 35+ home runs this year at round rock. GTFO if you think that's not a good season

.260 at AAA = about .220 in the bigs
Ag_07
AG
I hear ya. Just hate stashing guys in AAA when they've obviously proven all they can there. At that point it's a matter of finding a way for them to help the big league club either by being on it or being traded for ML talent.

The Mancini chatter yesterday really got me chubbed up. Add him and then Tucker could be moved.
AustinCountyAg
Yes you're right. Surely theirs not a chance he won't become a better hitter over the years and he's reached his full potential already.

Teddy Perkins
AG
Lost in the Tucker debate and trade deadline hoopla is the fact that the Astros are atop the AL standings by 1 game on the Yanks and and are only a half game back from the Dodgers.
Harry Dunne
cpsencik04 said:

Don't recall Hunter being a top 10 prospect and sought after by every club looking to trade with you....but ok

He was our #1 prospect and 38 in MLB. He also panned out.

But ok.

Farmer1906
AG
I am particularly loving the emphasis on batting average and then very scientific translation from AAA to MLB. Please continue.
Ryan34
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

gigemJTH12 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

gigemJTH12 said:

WTF?

He hit .332 in AAA last year. Not sure why he's been streaky this year, but he hit .333 in June and .303 in July. The Astros probably see him more in line with those numbers than .260.
HossAg
AG
I'm fine with keeping Tucker if it's just not worth it for what's available out there right now. But I don't like the argument that this is the same as the Bregman situation. We weren't one pitcher away from being World Series favorites when that was going down, and we actually needed a 3rd baseman replacement. The roster is stacked right now, and outfielders are pretty easy to come by compared to other positions. I would have considered a Bauer trade worth giving up Tucker in this situation. That may not be prepping for the future quite as well, but the ultimate goal is a championship and we're very close to that right now.
Farmer1906
AG
Beat40
gigemJTH12 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

gigemJTH12 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

gigemJTH12 said:

WTF?

You are frustrating. He hit over .300 last year. What does that translate to in the bigs?

Also, his career minor league stats are not that far off from Aaron Judges.

You're sour on Tucker just because you want to go all in for whatever pitcher you want and Lunhow doesn't want to.
bobinator
AG
What if we just teach Tucker how to also be an elite pitcher? Problem solved guys.
Beat40
bobinator said:

What if we just teach Tucker how to also be an elite pitcher? Problem solved guys.

Like JV but a Mike Hampton vibe? I'm in.
gigemJTH12
AG
Some of y'all are being way too dramatic about what I am saying about Tucker.

I think he's a good player!! If he stays with the Astros I'll be his #1 fan.

I just don't personally think he will be an elite MLB hitter. That's it. It's an opinion. I never said he sucks or that I hate him.

And I would trade him in a heartbeat for a top pitcher with a few years of control.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Beat40 said:

bobinator said:

Like JV but a Mike Hampton vibe? I'm in.

He can be like Ohtani!!
Wabs
AG
astros4545
AG
Other teams aren't interested in .220 pro hitters tho
W
AG
Greinke is in the D-backs' posted lineup. Will take the hill in 2 hours in the Bronx
jetch17
First Page Last Page
Page 719 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.