***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,730 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

oh my goodness...we have finally reached lineup nirvana
Mr.Bond
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Mr.Bond said:

Best part of this..... No Tyler white

No Tyler.... I will not
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Prosperdick
AG
Incredible we have a .400 hitter batting seventh....SEVENTH!!! That's where weak hitting short stops (ala Adam Everett) try to bunt/slap hit their way on base. My God it's beautiful.
n_touch
CFTXAG10
AG
Mathguy64
AG
If there is any justice we will sport the player of the month, pitcher of the month and back to back rookie of the month. MLB would have a cow if that happened.
AgDoc03
AG
I'd give my left nut to be able to listen in on a Luhnow/Hinch/Strom conversation about all these potential moves.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Beat40
To be honest, I would have thought we would have gotten a lot more movement up to this point.

Do y'all think things really heat up tonight or is it all gonna pop off tomorrow?
n_touch
I think Toronto screwed them all up. They took to little to early and now Buyers are offering less and Sellers are still wanting more. It will all be crazy tomorrow from 12-3
JABQ04
AG
mathguy86 said:

If there is any justice we will sport the player of the month, pitcher of the month and back to back rookie of the month. MLB would have a cow if that happened.

It would only happen if we wore pin stripes.
Beat40
Devers probably gets AL player of the month. Would like to be wrong through.
W
AG
Syndergaard is still scheduled to pitch tonight.

if he gets traded afterwards, his new team won't be able to start him until August 4th or 5th. New team won't like that
mazag08
AG
Beat40 said:

Devers does great against NL scrub pitching.
Frok
AG
n_touch said:

I think Toronto screwed them all up. They took to little to early and now Buyers are offering less and Sellers are still wanting more. It will all be crazy tomorrow from 12-3

I'm getting pessimistic, tomorrow they will sell everyone to the Yankees for cheap
n_touch
Yep. Although the AAA Mets team scratched their starter tonight. Not sure how close they are if they needed him
Bregxit
AG
Beat40 said:

.350 9HR 32RBI 1.159 OPS

vs

.411 12HR 28 RBI 1.320 OPS

If Yuli doesn't get it then the award means nada.
. . .
Beat40
I agree with you - Just saying I'm not getting my hopes up too high because of the East coast Red Sox factor.

I do think Yuli gets it, I'm just saying we shouldn't be surprised if he doesn't.
. . .
Phrasing
AG
I think a starting arm is #1 priority, but what about a LHR? We currently don't have any on the lineup card. Is that something we can bring up when rosters expand so its not that big of an issue or do we need to acquire one before the deadline as well?
n_touch
Im betting its Bauer (or hoping)
Teddy Perkins
AG
We've got a lot of irons in the fire. Lots of balls in the air. Lots of moving parts. I hope it doesn't backfire and we end up with nada.
Mathguy64
AG
There are a whole of teams in play still and not many so far out and with such a level of talent to make all this happen. Toronto pulled the trigger way too soon and got fleeced. I'm a little shocked that you haven't heard anything about Minor, Lynn, Pence and even Choo (assuming the Rangers would eat some of that contract). Atlanta needs a bat/OF pretty bad right now.
Ag_07
AG
Not a big issue. We won a WS in 2017 without one (and no Sipp didn't count).

BP will be just fine. Bigger fish to fry
Farmer1906
AG
12law said:

Call me crazy...but why doesn't Josh Rojas get as much love as Tucker? He has better significantly better numbers (.996 OPS vs. Tucker's .905; higher OBP, BA, and SLG as well). All I can think of is that he's a few years older than Tucker.

Because he's not as good of a prospect. He was pretty average last year after his promotion to AA. He's been killing it this year in both AA & AAA. But ultimately he's only had success in AAA for about 50 games.
12law
AG
Farmer1906 said:

12law said:

Call me crazy...but why doesn't Josh Rojas get as much love as Tucker? He has better significantly better numbers (.996 OPS vs. Tucker's .905; higher OBP, BA, and SLG as well). All I can think of is that he's a few years older than Tucker.

Because he's not as good of a prospect. He was pretty average last year after his promotion to AA. He's been killing it this year in both AA & AAA. But ultimately he's only had success in AAA for about 50 games.
Even Yordan was average for a time in minor league ball. It looks like this guy can really help out a team right now and is major league ready. His numbers over the last ten games definitely suggest his success isn't a fluke.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets traded and then succeeds. When I look at numbers, he should easily be a headliner in a trade...but no one else seems to think that. Six years of team control from 25 to 31 right in his prime seems highly desirable to me.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Where do you see him helping out team right now?
Ag_07
AG
His last 10 games is not enough to suggest it's not a fluke.

You could be right about him but it has absolutely 0 to do with his last 10 games.

Hell Tyler white won AL player of the week his first 10 games in the majors.
12law
AG
cpsencik04 said:

Where do you see him helping out team right now?
As a headliner to a deal instead of Tucker. It seems like all other teams are focused on is Tucker, but Rojas's numbers are much better than Tucker's....and that's with significant sample size (200+ at bats). A lot of teams (Mets, Orioles, DBacks, etc.) could use a guy like that.
Farmer1906
AG
Agree with the last 2 posters.

But I do like the kid. I posted about him a week or so ago. He's just a late bloomer and need to prove it longer until an opportunity opens up.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
He is one of hate to see traded because he could be the heir apparent to fill in at 3rd when Correa walks and Bregman slides over
EastCoastAgNc
AG

tjack16
AG
I'm in New York for the week and decided to hit up yankee stadium tonight for their game.

It's the DBags vs the DBacks
BQ91
AG
cpsencik04 said:

He is one of hate to see traded because he could be the heir apparent to fill in at 3rd when Correa walks and Bregman slides over
BQ91
First Page Last Page
Page 710 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.