***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,519 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
as previously mentioned...keeping Stroman away from the Yankees...is a win for the Astros
Marvin
AG
mwm said:

You (...and Marvin?) have done us proud this weekend.

Rocked my rainbow Loudmouth Astros shorts this weekend. Big hit with a couple of giggles, haha.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
tjack16
AG
mathguy86 said:

Looking at this I'm not sure who is dumber. The Mets for trading for a piece they absolutely have no need of or the Jays who basically gave Stroman away. Seriously. Two arms, one A and one AA. This deal looks like something you would see in fantasy baseball that is so stupid that you would think there is something under the table and a commissioner would step in and negate.

We would have had to give up guys like Whitley and Tucker to get him too.
titanmaster_race
Farmer1906 said:

Is this bad?

This too?

This is exactly why no one signed Keuchel or Kimbrel to start the season. What they were asking was $$$ for a pitcher in his prime, and that is not what they are able to provide.
Mathguy64
AG
Watching NYY-BOS, both these teams are kicking the ball around. It's like watching a team full of Tyler Whites defensively.

They just showed a graphic. 64 runs, 98 hits and counting in 4 games so far. Woof.
titanmaster_race
Y'all remember when Leclerc tried stuntin on the Astros last week for getting through an inning in which he hit bregman in the head and threw a ball all the way to the backstop?

Dude intentionally walked an A to load the bases and face Khris Davis in a tie game bottom of the 9th. The he unintentionally walked Khris Davis to lose the game.

https://bdata-producedclips.mlb.com/6a029d27-9790-4e26-9dcf-4a7387ba6280.mp4

I wish Khris Davis would have done that dumb celebration Leclerc tried on our guys.
CFTXAG10
AG
tjack16
AG

Bauer on Twitter Friday ... oh how the tables have turned
AstroAggie15
AG
tjholley16 said:

Bauer on Twitter Friday ... oh how the tables have turned

Reads like a trump tweet
bearkatag15
AG

Excellent
Farmer1906
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Farmer1906 said:

Is this bad?

This too?

This is exactly why no one signed Keuchel or Kimbrel to start the season. What they were asking was $$$ for a pitcher in his prime, and that is not what they are able to provide.

Right, but the Cubbies went all in on Kimbrel. They owe him 30-35 M. We're looking at a small sample and all but this is by far the worst season of Kimbrels career. K% down, BB% up, and his hard hit % is through the damn roof.
bearkatag15
AG
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/07/cubs-shopping-martin-maldonado.html

Quote:

The veteran backstop "has been marketed in trade discussions.with the Houston Astros emerging as a particular team of interest," The Athletic's Patrick Mooney writes.

It isn't any surprise that Houston is again linked to Maldonado, as the Astros were had interest in obtaining him from the Royals before he was dealt to Chicago. If a deal was completed, it would mark the second straight year that the Astros picked Maldonado up in a trade deadline move; Houston nabbed him from the Angels last July.
W
AG
checking in with the AL Central...and 2 teams that have flat out quit...

the Tigers (30-71) are 2-14 since the break.

the White Sox (46-57) are 4-13 since the break.

good news...the Astros have 7 games remaining vs. those 2 teams. Bad news...the Twins have a whopping 19 games left vs. Detroit and Chicago. That's quite an advantage.

(the Royals are a respectable 10-6 in the second half so far)
mazag08
AG
Please no Maldonado. He had his chance last year and was crap in the playoffs. I'd rather roll with Stassi than give that chump another chance.
AggiEE
mazag08 said:

Please no Maldonado. He had his chance last year and was crap in the playoffs. I'd rather roll with Stassi than give that chump another chance.

Yeah Stassi isn't ideal but with our lineup it really doesn't matter. As long as he can block a wild pitch and frame well that's all we really need
Farmer1906
AG
We're in a virtual tie with NYY, but we've played 20 more games vs teams .500 or better.
Mathguy64
AG
I would rather take my chances with Stubbs over Stassi.
Mr.Bond
AG
mathguy86 said:

I would rather take my chances with Stubbs over Stassi.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

W
AG
one thing to remember...last year Maldonado was the primary catcher in the playoffs. This season he would be the backup. The insurance policy if Chirinos gets hurt
EastCoastAgNc
AG
JABQ04
AG
mathguy86 said:

Name the date he gets to .300. I'm saying August 8.

Aug 3
Marvin
AG
Headed over to KC this afternoon to see my daughter and catch the Royals-Jays game. Wonder if I'll be able to find cheap tickets? Haha, o/u on 10,000 fans there?

Astros schedule really sets up well for August. Five games are against teams close to .500 (Angels, with the Rockies barely in this category). Two series are against decent teams (Oakland, TB) while all the other games are against awful teams. Should be looking really good before September, barring any strange events.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Post removed:
by user
Bonfired
AG
third coast.. said:

Where will Vincent Vega be today?

Put him in the "Bagwell getting a handful" gif.
Beat40
Monday off days.
mazag08
AG
Fangraphs hasn't featured the Astros or an Astros player in an article since June 24th.

What other top teams get ignored by the supposed king of real baseball like we do? One of their last pieces was about how Yuli was trying to do too much at the plate. You would think a follow up article would be due any day now.
Farmer1906
AG
Prosperdick
AG
Farmer1906 said:

As Blum said yesterday, we should pronounce July with a soft j in honor of Yuli.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I would pay a great sum of money to be able to shadow Luhnow this week...
rosco511
AG
mazag08 said:

Fangraphs hasn't featured the Astros or an Astros player in an article since June 24th.

What other top teams get ignored by the supposed king of real baseball like we do? One of their last pieces was about how Yuli was trying to do too much at the plate. You would think a follow up article would be due any day now.

I agree. I was also just looking at our team's offensive stats and rankings. We are really good offensively, even with the injuries, and us fans have definitely been spoiled the last several seasons with our offensive (and also pitching and overall) performance. Us fans really need to appreciate this awesome era of Astros baseball.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Trade hypothetical offered up just now on MLBN:

Dbacks send Grienke and $20M to the Astros for Beer and Corbin Martin.

That's a deal I'd take. What do you guys think?
Mathguy64
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

I would smear the ink on the paperwork and pull a hamstring I would sign that so fast. But I don't think Arizona is Toronto level stupid.
AstroAggie15
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

I'd pass on that. Seth Beer is our 1B of the future.
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Perfect. Hurts enough but doesn't hurt too much.
Ag_07
AG
AstroAggie15 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

I'd pass on that. Seth Beer is our 1B of the future.

Yordan, Tucker, Beer...They can't all be our 1Bman of the future.
First Page Last Page
Page 702 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.