***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,614 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This better not be a repeat of the Cincinnati series. We need to win tomorrow with Cole on the mound
Mathguy64
AG
Can we play a bad team? Every time I turn around we have a series with a team over .500.
Harry Dunne
irish pete ag06 said:

Ag_07 said:

So...We haven't looked at the Realmuto/Chirinos comparisons yet.

Not sure we'd actually want to see that right about now.
Chirinos has been a better offensive catcher that Realmuto by a fairly sizeable margin.
Chirinos has hit sub-.200 with a sub-.600 OPS & 0 HR & 2 RBI since the middle of June.

Hopefully he will heat back up soon but right now he's hitting worse than a pitcher.
W
AG
one other thing...Yuli needs to hit ahead of Correa until he gets his bat going.

sure would have liked that bases loaded AB in the 8th inning to belong to Yuli or Yordan
bearkatag15
AG

**** me
Ag_07
AG
Quote:

It isn't definite the Mets will trade Syndergaard, per reports from Anthony DiComo of MLB.com and Anthony Rieber of Newsday, though Rieber adds the club's "working hard" to move him. The Astros are "pessimistic" about their chances of acquiring Syndergaard, DiComo writes. Meanwhile, it "doesn't sound like" the Mets and Twins have made headway toward a deal, Martino tweets.
AggiEE

I wonder what you fellas think of this proposal:

Mets get:

Tucker
Bukauskas
Kemp
Dawson
Bielak
Valdez
Abreu

Astros get:

Syndergaard
Diaz
Lugo

Diaz has 3 more years of control, Thor 2

That's a huge haul, it'd be pretty close

I'd hate to lose Tucker
AggiEE
bearkatag15 said:

**** me

So he's injured?

He's had a ton of rest since that happened, didn't look that serious

Guess we should stop using him until he's 100%.
jja79
AG
What if players reacted to one game like posters on this thread?
dshedd41
S

Get'em tomorrow!
Gig’em Aggies!
Unemployed
AG
jja79 said:

What if players reacted to one game like posters on this thread?
Is this your first time on this thread?
tjack16
AG
So excuse my ignorance ... but isn't our rotation JV - Cole - Miley?

How did it get jacked up after the all star break? They always pitched in order before the break it seemed.

Also side note, cardinals fans suck... hopefully we beat them tomorrow and Sunday or else this trip will have sucked
bearkatag15
AG
tjholley16 said:

So excuse my ignorance ... but isn't our rotation JV - Cole - Miley?

How did it get jacked up after the all star break? They always pitched in order before the break it seemed.

Hinch wanted to split up JV and Cole so he rearranged it
W
AG
tjholley16 said:

This better not be a repeat of the Cincinnati series. We need to win tomorrow with Cole on the mound
it's become a trend --- the Astros can't score in national league parks (other than Coors Field).

offensive output at the Reds and Cardinals ---> 2, 3, 2, and 3 runs
W
AG
and another thing ---> Reddick...he's fallen off a cliff in July:

came into tonight's game with a dreadful .521 OPS and .246 slugging % in 61 at-bats.

has a grand total of 3 x-base hits in the month -- all doubles. Only drawn 7 walks.

he's not an automatic start in RF anymore.

really need to get a look at Tucker before August 31st
AggiEE
W said:

came into tonight's game with a dreadful .521 OPS and .246 slugging % in 61 at-bats.

has a grand total of 3 x-base hits in the month -- all doubles. Only drawn 7 walks.

Does Tucker play RF though?
bearkatag15
AG
W said:

With Yordan likely starting in LF on Sunday, does that mean Reddick or Brantley goes to the bench? An outfield of Yordan in left and Brantley in right isn't ideal but sacrificing Brantley's bat for Reddick or Jake would suck
mazag08
AG
Need to find a way to get Yordan in every game. You don't leave a top bat on the bench.

Losing to a team of scrubs with 2-3 good players and a pitcher with a 4+ ERA is awful.
Mathguy64
AG
mazag08 said:

Need to find a way to get Yordan in every game. You don't leave a top bat on the bench.

Losing to a team of scrubs with 2-3 good players and a pitcher with a 4+ ERA is awful.

Except they aren't a team of scrubs. They are 9-1 in their last 10 and are leading the NL Central 9 games over .500. They look every bit a playoff team. Like the A's we just played.
Agmaniacmike12
AggiEE said:

I wonder what you fellas think of this proposal:

Mets get:

Tucker
Bukauskas
Kemp
Dawson
Bielak
Valdez
Abreu

Astros get:

Syndergaard
Diaz
Lugo

Diaz has 3 more years of control, Thor 2

That's a huge haul, it'd be pretty close

I'd hate to lose Tucker
I don't think the Mets are in complete teardown mode, so I don't think they would go for that. What they spent on Diaz(2 top 100s) makes it unlikely they would use him as a throw in,much better return likely in a separate trade.Ultimately, I wouldn't expect any team to trade 2 controllable starters and a controllable closer for a pile of lottery tickets.
Bregxit
AG
mathguy86 said:

mazag08 said:

Except they aren't a team of scrubs. They are 9-1 in their last 10 and are leading the NL Central 9 games over .500. They look every bit a playoff team. Like the A's we just played.
13-2 over last 15
MAROON
AG
A's lose to Rangers again so still up 8 games. Yankees also lose

Bullpen has me very worried and not sure how you fix it - strom and the current guys are going to have to work out the kinks
Deluxe
AG
I wouldn't mind adding a re-enforcement in the back end of the bullpen but after 2017, I don't worry too much about it. By playoff time, Hinch will be riding hot hands. Starters can pitch a few innings out of the pen if needed. All that matters is that we have a couple guys get hot at the right time. Most other WS contenders are in the same boat.
Ag_07
AG
Now that would be the definition of selling the farm and going all in.

I don't wanna gut everything. I just want a solid move that improves this team.

Thing about Tucker and Whitley as well is this...They're not helping you win a WS this year and they're probably not helping you win one next year either.

So yeah it's gonna sting losing one of them but to add a piece that could help us win this year and next may be worth it.
Agnzona
Both the Yankees and Dodgers are better teams right now and both are likely going to add more. We can't stand pat. We are also in next year mode too. So if we can add a pitcher for next too now that's killing two with one stone.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

Has AJ ever intentionally walked someone?

2017: 17
2018: 4
2019: 0
Ag_07
AG
I don't think they Yankees are better.

I would feel confident we win a 7 game series if we played them right now as-is.
Agnzona
We match up with them pretty good but they certianly would be favored. It would probably come down to home field advantage.
BMX Bandit
Ag_07 said:

I don't think they Yankees are better.

I would feel confident we win a 7 game series if we played them right now as-is.

Our lineups are very close

Our starting pitching is much better.

I agree Yankees aren't better.
Harry Dunne
Ag_07 said:

Now that would be the definition of selling the farm and going all in.

I don't wanna gut everything. I just want a solid move that improves this team.

Thing about Tucker and Whitley as well is this...They're not helping you win a WS this year and they're probably not helping you win one next year either.

So yeah it's gonna sting losing one of them but to add a piece that could help us win this year and next may be worth it.
I can understand you saying that about Whitley, but why can't Tucker help you this year? And it's insane to say either couldn't help you next year.

Now they may both end up being busts, but you can't know what you've got until you give Tucker a shot.
Ag_07
AG
It's not that I think they're busts it's that I think they're blocked moreso for Tucker.

Unless we offload Reddick there's still not a spot for Tucker next year.
Farmer1906
AG
This looks like something I would post. He's got almost 200 games in AAA with ~.945 OPS.
tjack16
AG
One thing is for sure ... we can't have Springer, Altuve, bregman, and Correa go 0-13 with 6k again tonight
DVC2010
AG
iBrad
AG
Tucker had a terrible April and is currently having a terrible July. He needs consistency. Two prolonged slumps of hitting under the Mendoza line in AAA just doesn't translate well to the big leagues.
First Page Last Page
Page 688 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.